4 hours ago, wpetula said:

@The Aziz 

In the recent KSP 2 Celestial Architecting video, there’s a shot where the devs show the different layers of Kerbin. If you look closely, you can see that Kerbin has continental plates and realistic underwater landforms. I’ll come back later and add a screenshot from the video to this post. 

I know which part of the video you're talking about (in fact I just found it and took a closer look) but I don't know what do you mean. It's kinda the process of building a celestial body they go through. From simple sphere, then more details, depth, materials, noise, to filling it with liquid. Kerbin hasn't changed that much, right? It has more detail on a small scale, but from the distance it's the same planet. In KSP 1 if you remove the water you're left with basically blue desert with occasional bumps and hills, but that's how most of the planet looks like. So of course there's more detail in new Kerbin.

On 11/1/2021 at 3:12 PM, The Aziz said:

In KSP 1 if you remove the water you're left with basically blue desert with occasional bumps and hills, but that's how most of the planet looks like. So of course there's more detail in new Kerbin.

Oceans are obviously not the focus Kerbal Space Program, but it’s nice to see that they will be somewhat detailed. In KSP 1, the land gently slopes toward a procedurally bumpy ocean floor. Looking at the video, Kerbin in KSP 2 appears to have continental slopes and abyssal plains. The drop off into the abyssal plains looks incredibly deep. Imagine bringing a submarine to the edge of a continental plate and diving into the abyss...Subnautica vibes. If you look closely at the detail of the ocean floor, there appear to be a few underwater mountain ranges and trenches to explore. 

I’m just really happy that the devs are giving oceans some love. They add a new level of exploration to the game.

Edited by wpetula

• 1 month later...
2 minutes ago, MartGonzo said:

Does anyone know which API the game will use?

Dx11? 12? and / or Vulkan?

(I'm hoping Vulkan will be supported because of it's excellent performance and compatibility)

I remember someone screencapping dx11 in a recent video.

• 4 weeks later...

This repository doesn't seem to contain any references to "Boom Events" or any information we have about them. What I recall off hand from the videos I've seen is that they will be the primary way off Kerbin colonies will generate new Kerbals.

Spoiler

I could speculate that they correspond to some kind of seasonal spawning in that on occasion a wave of new Kerbals will appear as something like the Applicants we currently have in a colony management GUI similar to the Astronaut Complex we currently have, but that's speculation and not actual data xP

Correct, however there's a section there that says "population growth" and if I remember myself from a year ago, I didn't fill it because there wasn't much info aside from, exactly, boom events. We know about it as much as about multiplayer, let's be honest.

• 4 weeks later...
4 hours ago, The Aziz said:

The only new we know about is Lapet, it's there.

Look at 11:39 in the Celestial Bodies video, looks like a new planet to me.

Just now, PlutoISaPlanet said:

Look at 11:39 in the Celestial Bodies video, looks like a new planet to me.

It could be a erly version of Lapat, who knows?

Oh you mean this one. It could be anything really, even Moho at this point. It does look like it has few large craters. We don't know until it's confirmed (and I'm not putting any speculations in here). Like we did see these icy ridges and canyons, where could they be? Vall? Kerbin Caps? Duna poles? Eeloo? Merbel?

9 hours ago, The Aziz said:

Oh you mean this one. It could be anything really, even Moho at this point. It does look like it has few large craters. We don't know until it's confirmed (and I'm not putting any speculations in here). Like we did see these icy ridges and canyons, where could they be? Vall? Kerbin Caps? Duna poles? Eeloo? Merbel?

True. I think it's new, but who knows! Maybe we will get a show and tell on it soon considering the devs already "revealed" it.

45 minutes ago, Staticalliam7 said:

Did you mean paint? :D

On 7/17/2021 at 8:36 PM, The Aziz said:

I also found a typo I made when I was creating the thread in the very first time, but decided not to fix it because it's funny, instead it's going to stay as easter egg lol.

Congrats on finding it

7 hours ago, Admiral Fluffy said:

I think its Lapat, not Lapet.

angry groan only because I've seen both versions on the forum and despite reading the name from the picture, and checking three times, I wrote it wrong. Thank.

On 1/31/2021 at 9:05 PM, The Aziz said:

The team said that most of the original parts are making their way into the new game, plus all the parts we've seen in the trailer are also actual assets in the game.

All those huge colony parts looking things from the trailer are coming in the game too? Are you sure? wow..

10 minutes ago, gussi111 said:

All those huge colony parts looking things from the trailer are coming in the game too? Are you sure? wow..

You've seen the dome parts on Duna, and you've seen MH factory (with a Kerbal to scale). And you know that colony VAB is large enough to hold rockets inside so...

4 hours ago, stephensmat said:

I'm looking for something:

I remember reading a while ago that KSP2 would come with FULL Keyboard/Mouse Support on Console; except I can't find it again. Is that something they've been talking about?

I remember that "full" keyboard and mouse was announced at one time for KSP 1 on console, but that was an error. It's partial support. As for KSP2, I don't recall them mentioning that yet. 

14 hours ago, stephensmat said:

I'm looking for something:

I remember reading a while ago that KSP2 would come with FULL Keyboard/Mouse Support on Console; except I can't find it again. Is that something they've been talking about?

This would be pretty darn awesome, as a next-gen console is about 1/4 the price of an OK gaming right now.  What remains to be seen is how the unmodded play experience will be, as it's unlikely there will be much if any modding possible on the next-gen consoles.

• 4 weeks later...

@The AzizWhat do you think of the blue gas giant at the start of feature video 2? It's not confirmed but it does look like it shows up in-game right after see it behind the plush.

Spoiler

G2titJF.png

fpVuKyT.png

I know it could be a stretch to say it's the same planet but the patterns of the clouds look identical and the the ground that the Kerbal & the plush are in look like the same spot.