3 minutes ago, ChubbyCat said:

Not a big deal, but it says pain instead of paint here. 

Not to be rude, but pretty sure it's intentional. I don't think your ship's OCD will like being painted unequal shades of hot pink and red.

Edited by Missingno200
Added "unequal shades of".

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/31/2021 at 8:05 PM, The Aziz said:

Skutt. A rocky body of irregular shape that could fling you out into space if you tried to land on the far end of it. That implies very fast rotation.

Looks like Inaccessible left an impact on KSP 2 :)

Should we add the facts that

• some kind of Orbital Assembly Building is highly likely, seeing "OAB" in the video?
  • the fact that there will be engines the size of  / bigger than the VAB?
  • the fact that torchship engines aren't meant for insterstellar travel according to Nate?

All just thoughts I had while watching the video, as always thanks for your work in this thread Aziz!

1 hour ago, avalancha said:
  • some kind of Orbital Assembly Building is highly likely, seeing "OAB" in the video?
  • the fact that there will be engines the size of  / bigger than the VAB?

These two facts were known from when the game was announced.

Here are some things I saw in the new video that I didn’t see in the repository. It’s possible that they are in there, and I just missed them.

NEW BACKGROUND

89cNaJM.jpg

CLEAR SHOT OF KERBIN

hHDcwQi.jpg

GURDAMMA?

qsnkUnk.jpg

OVIN?

h8sS4O3.jpg

86mPFvR.jpg
DUNA?

fn5orU8.jpg

SOLAR SYSTEM WITH GURDAMMA IN IT?

P4sk01u.jpg

Edited by wpetula

13 minutes ago, wpetula said:

NEW BACKGROUND

89cNaJM.jpg

There seem to be multiple backgrounds depending on location - different colors, for example near Rask and Rusk the skybox was tinted reddish. 

Might be worth adding to the repository. 

I put in a different shot of Kerbin and new skybox (though I may add yours cuz it's pretty and I somehow missed it). Now the rest are probable but unclear until confirmed. Once we get a close look at Duna/Ovin/DebDeb from low orbits and we know for sure they're them, I'll gladly add all questionable shots. And the system was/is discussed in another thread. 

Hello

Can I repost your post to a site called BaiduBBS? It is very difficult for Chinese people to access this site and many Chinese people are not fluent in English. So I would like to republish it on a Chinese BBS for Chinese players of the game KSP to discuss.

Thank you!

25 minutes ago, 橙子emm said:

Hello

Can I repost your post to a site called BaiduBBS? It is very difficult for Chinese people to access this site and many Chinese people are not fluent in English. So I would like to republish it on a Chinese BBS for Chinese players of the game KSP to discuss.

Thank you!

With all respect, I won't say repost, but feel free to reuse all the information and screenshots available here. Knowledge is knowledge, it should be available to everyone, but I did spend a lot of time setting this up, wouldn't like to see it just straight up copied, if you know what I mean.

You could also integrate info about the Karecibo message: the image, the binary code, how it's decoded.

Also for the multiplayer section there's the interview comment about Kerbals being able to emote and their role as avatar (video below at 14:53):

And this:

Nate also mentioned in interviews that there would be 2 non-intersecting runways, 4 launch pad (at 17:44 in video here). You can also see 4 landing areas and 4 x fueling infrastructure in the KSC videos.

And consider the customizable team colors, confirmed in the Scott Manley interview and the trailer. So multiple Kerbal co-op teams confirmed.

Edited by Vl3d

• 2 weeks later...

I've said this before, and alot of people have agreed, but i speculate DebDeb may be binary.

It has TWO debs, possibly meaning two stars.

Kerbals may also have dominant hands, meaning we could get a righty kerbal, and a lefty kerbal. But lefty kerbals would be rarer.

Lefties FTW!

13 minutes ago, t_v said:

Quick question: where did it say that Gurdamma was in the DebDeb system? I can't remember. Also, was DebDeb confirmed to be the "young star system"?

They talked about it in the planet feature video. And I suppose DebDeb was never confirmed to be a very young star system, but it's heavily implied to be due to the number of ringed planets there.

Gurdamma is one of the planets on Debdeb. It's supposed to resemble Earth at the end of Hadean eon. Which is not long after creation of the planet, so it implies that the system is young too.

5 hours ago, Catto said:

I've said this before, and alot of people have agreed, but i speculate DebDeb may be binary.

It has TWO debs, possibly meaning two stars.

Kerbals may also have dominant hands, meaning we could get a righty kerbal, and a lefty kerbal. But lefty kerbals would be rarer.

Lefties FTW!

you're a freaking genius. - Serious Albert Einstein | Make a Meme

It's such a crazy concept it may just be true!

• 2 months later...

Updated with a whopping 2 new pictures and one paragraph. Wohoo.

It just came to my mind, should I keep this going after release or is there a kind soul who will try to finally make a fully working and up-to-date wiki?

2 hours ago, The Aziz said:

Updated with a whopping 2 new pictures and one paragraph. Wohoo.

It just came to my mind, should I keep this going after release or is there a kind soul who will try to finally make a fully working and up-to-date wiki?

I really appreciate your efforts so far... 

But once the game drops, we can discover by playing n'est ce pas? 

(And won't YOU be playing?) 

Of course I will, but I bet a lot of people would go online to look for some info not explicitly stated in the game (like, for example, the full orbital parameters of Donk). I'm slightly exaggerating here because that's way too much work than a single person can do, so I'm hoping for a wiki to exist. I may just redesign the whole thing and put in some links to the wiki, I dunno.