Like Ganymede but with a twist I suppose. Or some other large moon. Probably with a cool formation on the surface, be it a weird crater, some mountains, web structure-like canyons, crazy colors because of unseen mineral mix, anything. We'll see.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/18/2022 at 11:15 PM, stephensmat said:

It's been two years since I asked this last, but does anyone have any definitive word on whether or not KSP2 will also be native to Linux?

Will Mac or Linux versions come out in Early Access?

These versions are part of our extended roadmap. We’ll share more information at a later date. 

This was in the FAQ for KSP2's updated news/roadmap/whatever you want to call it. I would assume that means "yes, when we get the chance."

3 hours ago, Domonian said:

Will Mac or Linux versions come out in Early Access?

These versions are part of our extended roadmap. We’ll share more information at a later date. 

This was in the FAQ for KSP2's updated news/roadmap/whatever you want to call it. I would assume that means "yes, when we get the chance."

Translate to after the console version. 

1 minute ago, magnemoe said:

Yeah. I don’t want to start a big discussion about this in the repository, but “extended roadmap” definitely means after the early access period. Whether EA takes a few months or more than a year, a lot of other features will bump the priority for Mac and Linux down during that time, so I’m probably not going to be seeing it on any of my everyday operating systems for a while. 

15 hours ago, magnemoe said:

Phew. It's going to be at least a year until either I have the dosh to configure a suitable Windoze system or they get around to releasing a Linux port. Ah, well. I wonder if mod-support for KSP1 will reduce much in the interim, as enthusiasts switch to 2...

On 10/21/2022 at 6:07 PM, Minmus Taster said:

According to an interview conducted by Matt Lowne the character of "Tim C Kerman" is now a default character as a memorial to a lead developer who sadly passed away early in development.

7t8YXZ5.png

+:rep:

19 minutes ago, Acacia Dune said:

Idk about the game not getting a gas giant 2 in the main Kerbol system, take a look at one of the images that you posted in the tutorials section:

Fun fact: you forgot to include Dres

3 minutes ago, The Aziz said:

Forgot about what?

35 minutes ago, Acacia Dune said:

Idk about the game not getting a gas giant 2 in the main Kerbol system, take a look at one of the images that you posted in the tutorials section:

unknown.png?width=957&height=538

They are saying that this picture shows that there is a second gas giant being added to kerbol. 

9 hours ago, Acacia Dune said:

unknown.png?width=957&height=538

That planet you labelled "????" is Jool. The planet you labelled "Jool" is Dres.

:confused:

On 1/31/2021 at 9:05 PM, The Aziz said:

3.6 Color-coding and painting

We will be able to pain our ships. Not much to say about it, but I think it could be important in multiplayer, and to make your way through 15 ships docked to your station, so you know wchich one goes where. Another quote from Nate: "the color controls in the VAB allow for application of color on a whole-vehicle or a per-part basis. You select your default color scheme when you start a new game, and your vehicles automatically have that color scheme. But I've found that you can make some incredibly cool-looking vehicles by changing the color of individual parts"

I think you mean "paint".

9 hours ago, Strawberry said:

That image is probably the devs making a dres doesnt exist joke, but if its intended to be a gas giant 2 hint and it got added to the game, and they genuinely forgot to include dres I will laugh very hard.

We know Eeloo's orbit intersects Jool's so the planet labeled '???' is actually Jool and the one labeled as Jool is Dres. Also I think the text was added afterwards so the devs weren't even making a joke