26 minutes ago, mcwaffles2003 said:

b50JU4G.png

Idk if anyone was still wondering, but money gone is confirmed

That's kind of old news that everyone knew already., but nice to get reconfirmation as something might have changed to add money back in. Glad to see it's still not there though. 

Edited by GoldForest

1 hour ago, GoldForest said:

That's kind of old news that everyone knew already., but nice to get reconfirmation as something might have changed to add money back in. Glad to see it's still not there though. 

yes,  unfortunately for some (;ole me that like the challenge of keeping ships small) and fortunate for others that  are allergic to finances.

19 minutes ago, tstein said:

yes,  unfortunately for some (;ole me that like the challenge of keeping ships small) and fortunate for others that  are allergic to finances.

Mods. Someone will make a financing mod. 

2 hours ago, GoldForest said:

As I understand it our understanding that currency would be out was from this

https://www.pcgamer.com/kerbal-space-program-director-explains-why-colonies-are-going-to-change-everything-lays-out-early-access-plans/

"Once interstellar travel is in place, KSP2 will have the "fundamental underpinnings for our complete career-equivalent mode," Simpson says, which is now called exploration mode. Currency is out, and resources are in—the key driving force for exploration campaigns will be the resources you collect and transport between colonies and use to build new vessels."

And I I found some that took that as meaning that currency would still be in the game until the interstellar travel phase so just posting for clarification. 

Edited by mcwaffles2003

8 minutes ago, mcwaffles2003 said:

As I understand it our understanding that currency would be out was from this

https://www.pcgamer.com/kerbal-space-program-director-explains-why-colonies-are-going-to-change-everything-lays-out-early-access-plans/

"Once interstellar travel is in place, KSP2 will have the "fundamental underpinnings for our complete career-equivalent mode," Simpson says, which is now called exploration mode. Currency is out, and resources are in—the key driving force for exploration campaigns will be the resources you collect and transport between colonies and use to build new vessels."

And I I found some that took that as meaning that currency would still be in the game until the interstellar travel phase so just posting for clarification. 

I don't think that was the only source. I think in one of his interviews Nate said the same thing. 

3 hours ago, tstein said:

I love financing. I'm also happy to see this change. The cost is just now in resources instead of cash.

There's still an incentive to keep things small, using less of your resources.

6 hours ago, mcwaffles2003 said:

b50JU4G.png

Idk if anyone was still wondering, but money gone is confirmed

This is one of the moderators, and they aren't privvy to inside information, just so you know. 

The moderators do usually have a pretty good idea of what has been stated by the developers and CMs, though, so it could still be true. 

Edited by Deddly

13 hours ago, SolarAdmiral said:

I love financing. I'm also happy to see this change. The cost is just now in resources instead of cash.

On the late game yes, but I fear might make the early  game just a rush with the largest thing and be done with it.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/31/2021 at 8:05 PM, The Aziz said:

1.1.1 Kerbol System

The main, "starting" system known from the first game is going to stay mostly the same (no new additions, no Gas Planet 2, no asteroid belts, nothing) However, the bodies are getting a massive, well, overhaul is small word for that - it's essentially a remake. Let's start with Kerbin. We're getting a very expanded KSC, however, the looks vary from picture to picture. What we know for sure, is that there will be multiple space centers on the planets, and along with the ability to choose one of total four launchpads or two runways (they wil be longer now), we'll be able to launch craft from docks. The launch tower will move to accomodate the size of the rocket standng on the launchpad.

Oh, and probably the most important bit, the KSC buildings will be destructible.

The screenshot here could do with being replaced now that the game's graphics are a bit more phosisticated :)

Edited by Bej Kerman

9 hours ago, The Aziz said:

Not uploaded but updated, they existed for the last 4 years. And the updates were steam internal changenumbers.

In short: nothing.

The keys don't get updated by Steam, only the devs. If they were updated internally by steam alone, we would have seen a ton of updates like the history section wouldn't we? Something has happened to both those keys.

Edited by GoldForest

On 2/1/2023 at 5:19 PM, Deddly said:

This is one of the moderators, and they aren't privvy to inside information, just so you know.

I mod for a few games' official forums and have CM'd in the past (there can be lots of overlap depending on the size of the dev house).

We usually have a pretty good level of access to the internal roadmap and frequently the designers/developers, and there will be firm gates around what can/can't be revealed.  A pretty hard and fast rule though is that you don't answer anything regarding features unless you're 100% sure and it's not embargoed info.  If an official channel mod posted something like this, it's either pretty solid, permitted info or they likely won't be a mod much longer.

5 hours ago, Chilkoot said:

I mod for a few games' official forums and have CM'd in the past (there can be lots of overlap depending on the size of the dev house).

We usually have a pretty good level of access to the internal roadmap and frequently the designers/developers, and there will be firm gates around what can/can't be revealed.  A pretty hard and fast rule though is that you don't answer anything regarding features unless you're 100% sure and it's not embargoed info.  If an official channel mod posted something like this, it's either pretty solid, permitted info or they likely won't be a mod much longer.

Moderators on our server, however, do not have that level of privilege. 

1 minute ago, Astra Infinitum said:

Can someone please comfort me and tell me that in KSP2 that rovers and crafts and any vehicle wont break and explode by barely even getting slightly touched by anything? Like a rover going a measly 10" airborne...BOOM TIRES EXPLODED

Sure just give me some time to test it. I should know in less than 2 weeks.

On 10/21/2022 at 5:07 PM, Minmus Taster said:

According to an interview conducted by Matt Lowne the character of "Tim C Kerman" is now a default character as a memorial to a lead developer who sadly passed away early in development.

7t8YXZ5.png

navball/hud takes up wayy to much space, at least as shown here, i hope we can adjust it as we could in ksp

On 2/2/2023 at 3:48 AM, tstein said:

On the late game yes, but I fear might make the early  game just a rush with the largest thing and be done with it.

There's no reason to believe that Kerbin will be free of resource limitations. We've only seen snippets of the VAB and resource implications, but it appears to be quantity, and not availability. While the absolute bottom tier of resources will probably be functionally limitless - Steel, methalox, etc, I wouldn't be surprised if Kerbin is resource poor in a lot of other early game materials, either low output or completely lacking. Stuff like nuclear fuel and the like are good examples of what I'm thinking would be short. So while you could just wait a long long time to build a ship with six NERV drives to ferry colony stuff right out to some prime spot on the moon of Jool, the game will probably heavily encourage you to instead go and colonize the mun, minmus, and other closer targets just to get access to more of the stuff needed to build fancier tech.

So I doubt we can early game rush the biggest stuff out, we just won't have the materials to make it happen without exploring and colonizing first.

Edited by Profugo Barbatus

On 2/1/2023 at 4:08 PM, SolarAdmiral said:

Exactly. I think the cost/efficiency puzzle could be much more interesting this way actually because you'll have control over how much of each resource you'll have access to through ISRU.

On 1/31/2021 at 3:05 PM, The Aziz said:

We will be able to pain our ships

On 1/31/2021 at 3:05 PM, The Aziz said:

In coperation mode, players will be working

Noticed 2 typos
Very impressed with the info in here tho, did not know half of this stuff.

Edited by Clayel