Parts on big ship just explode when try to put something in EVA Construction mode.

Hi, I want to glue some parts together and then boom. I know you like explosions but it not funny when craft I build few days just explode. :( Good i got quick save.

Ok it look's like this for me:
When I try attatch part to ship physics of thad part just restart I think when physics of whole ship get restarted it will be no problem. I'll put here save and screenshot later (Will edit post have no time now)
Ship explode near docking port (This can be problem)(i have some lags with this ship its big) I have docked to it 6 other ships and 2 ships to 2 of docked ship it was unstable. This is why i want to connect parts of other docked ships.

I am finding similar, but in an (unmodded) game save started before the update with ships built and put in play before the update. So its hard to know if a fresh start would fix it and I cannot make an official bug report without trying that first.

When I add a part to a complex structure like a space lab space station, it imparts a significant velocity to the structure and often rotation as well and it looks like it gets a significant stress from somewhere, which may be what is causing your explosion. (AKA Kraken drive effects.)

I get the physics need to be updated OK but the velocity for the structure the part is added to should stay zero relative to the previous velocity for the structure, I think that will need a bit of code to do that in the same way it had to be done for launch stabilisation.

EDIT - its more complicated than that in fact as I just tried switching parts on a small undocked ship with a big ship also in the engineering radius and when the part was added to a completely different ship the big ship still got a shove. I think it might be because the big ship is big enough that part of the ship is outside the engineering radius, so when the parts inside are updated there is a tiny mismatch between velocities for the parts outside the engineer bubble and the parts inside, or something like that and it causes visible stress on the craft.

EDIT 2 - Not that simple. I just tried undocking a small craft and moving it away from the big station so the big station was outside the engineering bubble and no green highlighted parts showed on it in engineering mode when I brought an engineer to the small craft in EVA and tweaked it, but on moving a part from one location to another on the small craft, the big craft it undocked from still got a big shove and rolled around all over the place in the background as it were when the part was welded in place on the small craft. Something is definitely not right here.

Edited by boolybooly

Hey there, same issue here. I ran out of docking ports on my station and tried to attach one that I brought with a resupply ship, when I try to add the docking port to the station... KABOM! everything just blows into pieces. I do have a modded installation, with more mods I can count :sticktongue:, don't know if that is the issue. 

• 2 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.