the kerbol systems materia

jastrone

so i was reading the ksp wiki a while ago and saw that eves oceans where made of the in game liquid explodium.

and then i realised how little materials are mensioned in ksp.  heres a list of all materials i can think of(will expand if someone else knows anything else):

*water(not sure but kerbins oceans have the exact same density as water)

*explodium(eve's oceans)

*oxygen(oxidiser fuel and rust on duna)

*xenom(fuel)

*helium(kerbol)

*carbon(found at launchpad)

*iron(steel in parts and on duna)

*aluminium(part description

*tin(part description)

*salt(lake on laythe)

i will update this list if you find any more materials and tell me in comments.

Edited by jastrone

Forgive me for initially thinking of tiny orbs you insert in your giant sword when you said "materia."

Anyways, to keep in line to your initial post...

I believe I saw somewhere that Jool's green tint could probably be the result of chlorine.

There's also whatever compound is in Laythe's oceans, some sort of salt compound. But it has to have something more than that, since normal salt water would freeze at Laythe's surface temps.

If Duna's composition is anything like Mars', it probably has an iron-oxide rich topsoil surface.

Those are the things I can think of off the top of my head, but I know there's more than that.

Edited by Yellowburn10

7 hours ago, Popestar said:

Well, taking a soil sample on the launchpad reveals carbon.  And reading part descriptions reveals steel.

steel is a compound between iron and carbon so iron is a thing

7 hours ago, Yellowburn10 said:

If Duna's composition is anything like Mars', it probably has an iron-oxide rich topsoil surface.

since both iron and oxygen is a thing i think that is likely that mars is the same as duna

On 2/2/2021 at 2:48 PM, steuben said:

In no particular order:

• CHON
  • FE
  • SI
  • KA
  • NA
  • CA
  • AL
  • MG
  • TI

Elements symbols have the first letter capitalized, but the second, where it exhist, is lowercase. Without this distinction it would be hard to distinguish some symbols; for example, CO could either be carbon+oxygen, or cobalt. Instead, cobalt is Co and carbon+oxygen is CO.

So your list is revised as

CHON

Fe

Si

K

Na

Ca

Al

Mg

Ti

chemistry teacher leaves the room

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.