Ksp bricked my pc

12 hours ago, milked3301 said:

I have a thermometer on my case, cpu never went higher than 50 degrees

There's more stuff that can get fried by overheat,
GPU and Motherboard (esp north/south bridge).

Software simply can't fry your computer unless there's a lack of cooling.

Remember that fans and heat sinks tend to get clogged up over time.

Hello @milked3301,

I agree with @Curveball Anders, if your game was working and suddenly stops it generally relates to a heat or GPU issue. One quick test is to open your tower (assuming you aren't on a laptop) and see if the CPU and GPU fans are spinning. Please do not attempt to touch any parts of the CPU, GPU or motherboard  while the system is connected to power, just visually confirm the fans are spinning.

[Edit} If you need to mess with the parts please also wait 20 seconds after disconnection from power to allow the capacitors in the system to dissipate their charge.

Edited by James Kerman
Added important information

4 hours ago, James Kerman said:

Hello @milked3301,

I agree with @Curveball Anders, if your game was working and suddenly stops it generally relates to a heat or GPU issue. One quick test is to open your tower (assuming you aren't on a laptop) and see if the CPU and GPU fans are spinning. Please do not attempt to touch any parts of the CPU, GPU or motherboard  while the system is connected to power, just visually confirm the fans are spinning.

[Edit} If you need to mess with the parts please also wait 20 seconds after disconnection from power to allow the capacitors in the system to dissipate their charge.

You can also unplug the machine, turn the PSU on and hold the power button for around 10 seconds as if you were attempting to boot. That'll discharge the smaller capacitors on most of the parts, might even light up and get fanspin for a second depending on the machine in question.

Oh, but under no circumstances should anyone be poking around the main capacitors in the PSU itself. Those will kill a man, straight up.

23 hours ago, milked3301 said:

I was building a space ship and went to save, my screen went black and now my pc won’t boot properly, if it does it goes black and reboots itself after a minute or so

welcome to the forum.

if i would blind shoot.

your HDD has seen better days!

KSP tends to be heavy on hardware and this is not hardware support but some specs of your machine, would clearly give us some insight.

23 hours ago, milked3301 said:

I was building a space ship and went to save, my screen went black and now my pc won’t boot properly, if it does it goes black and reboots itself after a minute or so

In the mean time of debugging, you can see if you can get to the bios screen. This can be done by hitting the  f11/delete/f keys during boot. The key used to get to the bios screen depends on the motherboard, so you might have to google/try it. 

**if** you can get to the bios screen, then its a good thing as the motherboard + GPU is working. If you **can't** after trying all keyboard buttons during start, then you can try to use the non-GPU output (assuming its the GPU that is 100% failed). If you **still can't**, then the motherboard is busted. However I see this as unlikely, and odds are you will be able to get to the BIOS, which is at least an indicator a few components are working. 

A non-booting PC, hmmmm....

1) What's the screen display just before it reboots itself? Something to do with Windows 10 maybe?

2) If so, then unplug the hard disk(s) or SSD(s) and see if it boots to a basic message such as "Non system disk" or "No operating system found". Also see if it enters the BIOS okay.

These days with UEFI its not so simple to insert a CD and see if it boots off another source - you'd probably need to go into the BIOS or at least know which key to press to get the boot menu up, etc....

UEFI isn't that weird but something worth understanding is, you can't configure it to boot off "a removable device" as in, a generalised thing. If the hardware isn't plugged in/powered  up, it won't show up on the list of bootable options and it won't be possible to set as a boot option. So, the boot (menu) needs manually doing each time its plugged in.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.