[1.10.x, 1.11.x, 1.12.x] MOAR Station Science - Out of BETA

linuxgurugamer

6 hours ago, Aramid said:

Edit 2 : @linuxgurugamer Did you include Fuel Science ? I notice I got a "Rocket Fuel Testing" experiment and, well, I can get approx 1400 science point from it just from the KSC. Especially easy with "Kerbin Environmental Institute" ^^'

yes, I'll have to check that

Edit:  It is correct, in that it can be run landed and splashed.  KEI probably shouldn't be allowed to do that

Edited by linuxgurugamer

On 3/26/2021 at 6:43 PM, linuxgurugamer said:

Was this where you got SPS from?  and do you have any patches for it?

Hi friends! I haven't been summoned to the forums like that in a while.  I'm glad someone is still getting some use out of my mod, I set out to make the most complete set of RCS blocks, tanks and things I could.  I'm glad it made it to CKAN, I sure never put it there lol. It's a very simple part mod under the hood, so it should remain compatible with both KSP and other mods pretty much indefinitely.  That said, if there's some patches I can make for compatibility let me know!

On 3/26/2021 at 6:32 PM, Jansn67 said:

First, thank you very much for overtaking this very nice mod (+ merging with Fuel-Science) and
generally for your work. What would KSP be now without your ongoing enthusiasm.

I tried around this beta (deleted old version from GameData and manually droped 2.601 in my
1.11.2 Career-savegame - updated from 1.11 by Squad-KSP-Updater) and found out, that:

.) the Experiments immediately want to start on Launchpad without any user-action.
OnScreen-messege: Cant perform Experiment here
Experiement-Status: Bad Location

.) Also Experiments can immediately be finalized after docking - without starting/processing.
No need of ReasearchLab/Zoology/Cyclotron

.) WITH Experiment result onboard (docked and free-fly) the finalize-button exist.
Experimen-Status = Starved

.) On MPL i can "Cleaning Out" the docked Experiment with/without finalized.
After cleaning out the menu-entry dont go away.

I have the same problem - even the experiments can be finalized in space without docking with lab/cyclotrone.

I have discovered it just after fresh installation of then mod to the existing game (with lot of mods). Then I made a new install of KSP with MOAR mod installed by CKAN and I've created new science game. With same faulty result.

Mod list:

Breaking Ground (BreakingGround-DLC 1.6.0)
Making History (MakingHistory-DLC 1.11.0)
MOAR Station Science (MOARStationScience v2.6.0.4)
Module Manager (ModuleManager 4.1.4)
SpaceTux Library (SpaceTuxLibrary 0.0.6)

KSP 1.11.2.3077
build id = 03077
2021.03.03 at 15:15:30 PST
Branch: master
language = en-us
distribution name = Steam 

Link with log and save files: https://uloz.to/tamhle/NeyxcSjfQxth

Edited by xmnovotny
Wrong KSP version

I have the same problem, except I don't have Breaking Ground nor Making History.

Tried a fresh install.  Installed MOAR and SpaceTux through CKAN - same problem.  

Edited by toastboy
Fix spelling mistakes

On 4/2/2021 at 7:42 PM, xmnovotny said:

I have the same problem - even the experiments can be finalized in space without docking with lab/cyclotrone.

I have discovered it just after fresh installation of then mod to the existing game (with lot of mods). Then I made a new install of KSP with MOAR mod installed by CKAN and I've created new science game. With same faulty result.

Mod list:

Breaking Ground (BreakingGround-DLC 1.6.0)
Making History (MakingHistory-DLC 1.11.0)
MOAR Station Science (MOARStationScience v2.6.0.4)
Module Manager (ModuleManager 4.1.4)
SpaceTux Library (SpaceTuxLibrary 0.0.6)

KSP 1.11.2.3077
build id = 03077
2021.03.03 at 15:15:30 PST
Branch: master
language = en-us
distribution name = Steam 

Link with log and save files: https://uloz.to/tamhle/NeyxcSjfQxth

This was annoying so much for me, so I had installed KSP plugin devkit and had started to learn how it works. After some time I have found the problem with loading requirement configurations and fixed it. I have made pull request to the linuxgurugameso he can now publish fixed version to the CKAN.

Thanks to 

Edited by xmnovotny
accidental send of unfinished post

8 hours ago, xmnovotny said:

This was annoying so much for me, so I had installed KSP plugin devkit and had started to learn how it works. After some time I have found the problem with loading requirement configurations and fixed it. I have made pull request to the linuxgurugameso he can now publish fixed version to the CKAN.

Thank you for both fixes, I'll get it out ASAP

New release, 2.6.0.5

• Thanks to forum user @xmnovotny for these two fixes:
    • Fixed error of loading science requirement definitions.
    • Fixed typo (both typo and case issue) with name of BIOPRODUCTS by replacing bad text with already-defined constant

On 3/26/2021 at 1:32 PM, Jansn67 said:

First, thank you very much for overtaking this very nice mod (+ merging with Fuel-Science) and
generally for your work. What would KSP be now without your ongoing enthusiasm.

I tried around this beta (deleted old version from GameData and manually droped 2.601 in my
1.11.2 Career-savegame - updated from 1.11 by Squad-KSP-Updater) and found out, that:

.) the Experiments immediately want to start on Launchpad without any user-action.
OnScreen-messege: Cant perform Experiment here
Experiement-Status: Bad Location

.) Also Experiments can immediately be finalized after docking - without starting/processing.
No need of ReasearchLab/Zoology/Cyclotron

.) WITH Experiment result onboard (docked and free-fly) the finalize-button exist.
Experimen-Status = Starved

.) On MPL i can "Cleaning Out" the docked Experiment with/without finalized.
After cleaning out the menu-entry dont go away.

Have the same problem as well.

On 4/7/2021 at 10:28 PM, linuxgurugamer said:

Are you running the latest release?

If not, please install it and try again.  Otherwise, please provide a log file

Okay i got the latest version seems thing to be working much better now, But it is still not working I'm using Gallio Planet Pack and JNSQ and there not compatible with it i have to use the cheat complete contract after I complete the mission. Each experiment works but the contract doesn't register it.

2 hours ago, Jim123 said:

Okay i got the latest version seems thing to be working much better now, But it is still not working I'm using Gallio Planet Pack and JNSQ and there not compatible with it i have to use the cheat complete contract after I complete the mission. Each experiment works but the contract doesn't register it.

Complaining without information is merely an exercise of your fingers.  There is nothing I can do without log files

14 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Complaining without information is merely an exercise of your fingers.  There is nothing I can do without log files

Okay sorry I didn't mean for it to come out that way ill get those logs sent to you.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/20/2021 at 6:34 PM, Starbuckminsterfullerton said:

For those of you who requested it, I've updated SPS to include a version file and RCS-only parts.  Lmk if you are still running into issues with the versioning, I don't have any means to test it from where I am.

Link in your signature is broken

Thanks inuxgurugamer for maintaining this mod. unfortunately after downloading the recent v2.6.0.5 my new KSP 1.11.2 gamespace complains on loading:
"Mod(s) DLL that are not compatible with this version of KSP
StationScience 2.6.0.5 GameData\StationScience|Plugins|StationScience.dll"

I do not use CKAN, but have been having no issue maintaining my different version since KSP 1.3.

Am I missing something, that StationScience.dll has a dependency on? I downloaded your MOAR Station Science mod from SpaceDock.

Much thanks.

On 5/2/2021 at 11:11 PM, linuxgurugamer said:

Probably not

I don't have much experience in modding in KSP, would it be ok if I could contribute to update some of this mods features? Like, maybe starting with updating the science reports and adding some more kerbal like reports to the already existing ones??

Been a fan of this mod for years and thought that Space Stations been left out with their own special science experiments for years and just would like it to be more fleshed out...

3 hours ago, spoonyboobah said:

I don't have much experience in modding in KSP, would it be ok if I could contribute to update some of this mods features? Like, maybe starting with updating the science reports and adding some more kerbal like reports to the already existing ones??

Been a fan of this mod for years and thought that Space Stations been left out with their own special science experiments for years and just would like it to be more fleshed out...

Absolutely!  Even if all you provide are more and better reports, etc.  Would be really great!!!

Looking forward to seeing what you come up with.

1 hour ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Absolutely!  Even if all you provide are more and better reports, etc.  Would be really great!!!

Looking forward to seeing what you come up with.

Cool! What would be the best way to get them to you? :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.