[1.10.x, 1.11.x, 1.12.x] MOAR Station Science - Out of BETA

linuxgurugamer

• 2 months later...
On 1/24/2023 at 3:02 PM, Vl3d said:

It seems I cannot transfer fuel from a local tank to the Rocket Fuels Experiment module. Is this not allowed?

It's allowed for the fuel experiment parts (they have crossflow enabled), but you have to mind that some other parts such as heat shields and structural parts don't permit fuel flow, and for decouplers you have to enable it in the PAW. That's probably your issue.

Well, at least it was my issue a few times, and I had to bolt a new FL-200 next to the original tank, transfer the fuel into it, and then move it next to the experiment using EVA construction. Because usually I put the tank on the wrong side of the heat shield for this...

• 1 month later...

New release, 2.6.2

• Thanks to github user @grimmas for this:
    • Added support for Dynamic Battery Storage mod 
    • added USI life support options
  • Thanks to github user @jd284 for this:
    • Fix inability to remove obsolete experiments
  • Thanks to github user @spoonyBoobah for this:
    • Added 2 experiments to StationScience, Zoology Observations & Zoology Observations
  • Fixed small memory leak due to not releasing a callback from a GameEvent
  • Thanks to github user @Grimmas for this patch:    
    • System Heat supported by patch

Edited by linuxgurugamer

• 1 month later...

Though I have a fuel tank (R-12 Doughnut) connected directly to my Rocket Fuel experiment, it won't accept any fuel. (It might count as connected to the top of the service bay I have the experiment in as the two nodes are right next to each other, but they're on the same side of the heat shield.) I also find it strange that the experiment can't come with rocket fuel already in it. (Also it'd be cool if this worked with FreeIVA - as it is, the THNKER lab has the internals of the MPL lab and doesn't connect to other hatches; hatches that should lead into the lab are marked as blocked from outside and lead to EVA from the inside, putting me on the side hatch.)

• 1 month later...
On 5/3/2023 at 4:36 AM, XxRedwoodxX said:

Though I have a fuel tank (R-12 Doughnut) connected directly to my Rocket Fuel experiment, it won't accept any fuel. (It might count as connected to the top of the service bay I have the experiment in as the two nodes are right next to each other, but they're on the same side of the heat shield.) I also find it strange that the experiment can't come with rocket fuel already in it. (Also it'd be cool if this worked with FreeIVA - as it is, the THNKER lab has the internals of the MPL lab and doesn't connect to other hatches; hatches that should lead into the lab are marked as blocked from outside and lead to EVA from the inside, putting me on the side hatch.)

Making it compatible with freeiva would mean using the science lab model for the thnkr or making an entirely new custom IVA. The former means throwing out the art made for the mod, which while I see the point is making the art someone did a waste (which just sucks). The latter means modeling entirely new IVAs which is very hard

Unrelated to the reply, xScience appears to allow you to cheat, finalizing experiments instantly. Depending on the maintainer's perspective this may or may not be an issue.

Edited by StormxWolf

• 1 month later...

Hello,

I had an issue where several parts from Bluedog Design Bureau would cause immense lag in-game once I placed them on a vessel in the editor, and lagged especially when I flew them. I opened the console and saw that they were throwing constant repeating exceptions. I've attached my log below, but here's one of the identical exceptions:

[EXC 15:28:01.762] ReflectionTypeLoadException: Exception of type 'System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException' was thrown.
    System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes () (at <9577ac7a62ef43179789031239ba8798>:0)
    KSPe.Util.SystemTools+Type+Find.ByInterfaceName (System.String qn) (at <58fb44557e3d487fa13c42bddbc423e1>:0)
    TweakScaleCompanion.Frameworks.Waterfall.TweakScalerWaterfallFX.InitModule () (at <50cf5620a2404793bbf841a4c46192d9>:0)
    TweakScaleCompanion.Frameworks.Waterfall.TweakScalerWaterfallFX.Update () (at <50cf5620a2404793bbf841a4c46192d9>:0)
    UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
    ModuleManager.UnityLogHandle.InterceptLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
    UnityEngine.Debug:CallOverridenDebugHandler(Exception, Object)
[LOG 15:28:01.763] [ModuleManager] Intercepted a ReflectionTypeLoadException. List of broken DLLs:
MOARStationScience 2.6.2.1 GameData\StationScience\Plugins\MOARStationScience.dll

It seemed like MOAR Station Science was causing this, and after removing this mod from my GameData, the lag went away with Bluedog parts. Not sure what specifically was causing this, but it was sometime in the mod, and I figured I'd pass it along for reference.

Here's my log file: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1659GB4TvwKKw86uSoaTCEVOCw8vzpUaA/view?usp=sharing

- Ian

Disregard, found the issue.

Edited by IanThePineapple

• 1 month later...

When I connected the ship to the space station, the message 'Warning: experiment xxx has detached from the station without being finalized' kept popping up at the top of the screen. And when I switched the spaceship, the experiment automatically stopped.

• 1 month later...

Having same issue as the above post.  Have a contract to do the experiment and return it to kerbin with results inside.  Ive cycled this twice and unable to complete contract.  Do get the 'Warning: experiment xxx has detached from the station without being finalized' with the probe being docked to the station the whole time.

• 5 months later...