[1.10.x, 1.11.x, 1.12.x] MOAR Station Science - Out of BETA

linuxgurugamer

6 hours ago, Brigadier said:

The best way is probably a PR on GitHub.

Right, OK, how does one do that LOL!.... Like I said, no modding experience and very little GitHub knowledge.

I have Visual Code and a GitHub account.... and that's it :P

Edited by spoonyboobah

9 hours ago, spoonyboobah said:

Right, OK, how does one do that LOL!.... Like I said, no modding experience and very little GitHub knowledge.

I have Visual Code and a GitHub account.... and that's it :P

Yeah, I've run into the same problem :confused:.  Others may will correct me but the steps are roughly as follows.  You've already got a GitHub account and either Visual Studio or Visual Studio Code and that a good start.  I don't use VSC so my advice stops there since I don't know how well GitHub is integrated:

1. Go to the project's page on GitHub where the source code is maintained.  Many mod authors use GitHub and have a link on the OP with this info.  In this case LGG has posted https://github.com/linuxgurugamer/StationScience.
  2. Fork the repository so that you have your own copy.  LGG might advise otherwise but I believe creating fork ensures separation from his production code, i.e. you're not trying to edit his master repo directly.
  3. Make your additions/changes and commit them to your fork.
  4. Create a Pull Request (PR) with the LGG master as the base and your fork as the compare.
  5. Wait patiently for LGG to review and merge your PR.

I stand prepared to be corrected :).

1 hour ago, Brigadier said:

Yeah, I've run into the same problem :confused:.  Others may will correct me but the steps are roughly as follows.  You've already got a GitHub account and either Visual Studio or Visual Studio Code and that a good start.  I don't use VSC so my advice stops there since I don't know how well GitHub is integrated:

1. Go to the project's page on GitHub where the source code is maintained.  Many mod authors use GitHub and have a link on the OP with this info.  In this case LGG has posted https://github.com/linuxgurugamer/StationScience.
  2. Fork the repository so that you have your own copy.  LGG might advise otherwise but I believe creating fork ensures separation from his production code, i.e. you're not trying to edit his master repo directly.
  3. Make your additions/changes and commit them to your fork.
  4. Create a Pull Request (PR) with the LGG master as the base and your fork as the compare.
  5. Wait patiently for LGG to review and merge your PR.

I stand prepared to be corrected :).

This was very helpful @Brigadierthank you very much for your helpful advice, it was was very useful. I managed to figure out how to do all of the above and I think I have sent @linuxgurugamermy first batch of changes, for the Experiment: Plant Growth.

Hopefully @linuxgurugameris happy with the changes and will have them in the mod :)

23 minutes ago, spoonyboobah said:

This was very helpful @Brigadierthank you very much for your helpful advice, it was was very useful. I managed to figure out how to do all of the above and I think I have sent @linuxgurugamermy first batch of changes, for the Experiment: Plant Growth.

Hopefully @linuxgurugameris happy with the changes and will have them in the mod :)

They look good, but I added some comments, please review

On 4/24/2021 at 10:22 PM, FKeakFury said:

Thanks inuxgurugamer for maintaining this mod. unfortunately after downloading the recent v2.6.0.5 my new KSP 1.11.2 gamespace complains on loading:
"Mod(s) DLL that are not compatible with this version of KSP
StationScience 2.6.0.5 GameData\StationScience|Plugins|StationScience.dll"

I do not use CKAN, but have been having no issue maintaining my different version since KSP 1.3.

Am I missing something, that StationScience.dll has a dependency on? I downloaded your MOAR Station Science mod from SpaceDock.

Much thanks.

I'm also getting this error, and KSP freezes when loading with this mod installed.

EDIT: My error, forgot to install SpaceTuxLibrary

Edited by dlrk

On 5/5/2021 at 9:10 PM, linuxgurugamer said:

They look good, but I added some comments, please review

Thanks for merging, just to let you know that my next batch of reports is done and the pull request has been sent... :)

On 5/9/2021 at 2:32 PM, spoonyboobah said:

Thanks for merging, just to let you know that my next batch of reports is done and the pull request has been sent... :)

How much more should I expect?  I'd like to wait until you have all your updates done before releasing

8 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

How much more should I expect?  I'd like to wait until you have all your updates done before releasing

Hi,

OK, I have Retrograde Kuarqs just about done... Eccentric Kuarqs about 75% done... Then Creature Comforts and Zoology Bay Observation is next...

So can send the rest of the Kuarqs reports in one go then do the "creatures" in one... or wait until I done them all in one go. Up to you?

4 hours ago, spoonyboobah said:

Hi,

OK, I have Retrograde Kuarqs just about done... Eccentric Kuarqs about 75% done... Then Creature Comforts and Zoology Bay Observation is next...

So can send the rest of the Kuarqs reports in one go then do the "creatures" in one... or wait until I done them all in one go. Up to you?

Whichever is best for you.  Just let me know when it's done, I'll wait to release until then

New release, 2.6.1

• Thanks to github user @Carnildo for these:
    • Remove broken 'Starved' display logic. As a side effect, fixes incorrect 'Running' status display and permits the display of the 'Idle', 'Stored', and 'BadLocation' statuses.
    • Only show the 'Can't perform experiment' message if the experiment is running. Eliminates message spam during launch.
    • Prevent an NRE if StationExperiment.CheckBoring() is called before StationExperiment.OnStart(). This can happen because CheckBoring() is called from StationScienceModule.PreProcessing()
  • Thanks to Github user @spoonyboobah for this:
    • Updated descriptions of the Experiment: Plant Growth
    • Added a full set of science reports for Experiment: Prograde Kuarqs.
    • Added Retrograde and Eccentric Kuarqs reports

So....I have run into an issue and am trying to track down why.  So I have MOAR Station Science as well as Contract Configurator and Contract Packs.  I took a mission to do "Experiment: Seed Growth" in orbit.  So was like "OK, can do that...well...wait...no Experiment: Seed Growth".  Tried Plant Growth but no joy.  SO...any thoughts?  I would rather like to do these missions and not loose vast amounts of cash for taking them.

Edited by SyberSmoke

I have Tourism and Field Research Directories for the Contract Packs.

As I think on it...it has been a while since I played and some of these mods may be old.  I mean if updating the mission packs would solve the issue I can try that.

Edit: OK, updated and the issue exists still.  : `(

Edited by SyberSmoke

On 5/30/2021 at 3:39 PM, SyberSmoke said:

I have Tourism and Field Research Directories for the Contract Packs.

As I think on it...it has been a while since I played and some of these mods may be old.  I mean if updating the mission packs would solve the issue I can try that.

Edit: OK, updated and the issue exists still.  : `(

Log file is needed

I recently came back to this mod, and the current models for the experiment pods don't suit me well. I can't differentiate between the different experiments, and they have a weird form factor between 1.25 and 2.5m parts.

Is there some way to get the old science pods back?

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

Two questions:

Will updating from an older version (late last year sometime) to the most recent cause any issue in my save (I have parts in orbit)?

Secondly is there anything obvious I might be missing if a contract to carry out an experiment doesn't complete as it should? Put the experiment in orbit, lab, eureka's etc all work. Finalize results, return it to the ground. The mission shows the check mark for 'complete in orbit around kerbin' but on recovery the contract stays uncompleted. Not a bug report per se, as I'm not on the latest version and might just be missing something obvious.

Thanks

On 6/27/2021 at 2:20 AM, DavefromNZ said:

Secondly is there anything obvious I might be missing if a contract to carry out an experiment doesn't complete as it should? Put the experiment in orbit, lab, eureka's etc all work. Finalize results, return it to the ground. The mission shows the check mark for 'complete in orbit around kerbin' but on recovery the contract stays uncompleted. Not a bug report per se, as I'm not on the latest version and might just be missing something obvious.

Is this the "retrograde quarks" experiment? That one has been bugged for me since forever, in exactly the way you describe. Everything works until you recover the vessel, then it stays uncompleted. Kinda annoying, to put it like that.

On 6/30/2021 at 4:17 PM, Codraroll said:

Is this the "retrograde quarks" experiment? That one has been bugged for me since forever, in exactly the way you describe. Everything works until you recover the vessel, then it stays uncompleted. Kinda annoying, to put it like that.

If you could provide a save file, and a complete set of instructions on how to reproduce this, I can take a look

Log file would also be useful

3 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

If you could provide a save file, and a complete set of instructions on how to reproduce this, I can take a look

Log file would also be useful

Wait, I just realized I'm an idiot. Still playing with Station Science Continued and not the new version of the mod. Curse my sporadic playing of this game and wanting to continue on old save files whenever I pick it back up again.

Edited by Codraroll

On 6/30/2021 at 10:17 PM, Codraroll said:

well, for me, i AM on 2.6.0.1 of THIS mod, but in KSP 1.12.1

here, retrograde kuarqs around Kerbin doesnt even get a check when results finalised.

P4NKHDa.png

I'd like to give you a save, but since the station is quite modded, you wont be able to reproduce it :(

but might a logfile help?

Edited by Speadge

On 5/31/2021 at 3:23 AM, SyberSmoke said:

So....I have run into an issue and am trying to track down why.  So I have MOAR Station Science as well as Contract Configurator and Contract Packs.  I took a mission to do "Experiment: Seed Growth" in orbit.  So was like "OK, can do that...well...wait...no Experiment: Seed Growth".  Tried Plant Growth but no joy.  SO...any thoughts?  I would rather like to do these missions and not loose vast amounts of cash for taking them.

I also came into contract issues. Contract generator (StnSciContract.cs) generates contract for "Experiment: Seed Growth" (/GameData/StationScience/Parts/StnSciExperiment1.cfg). However this part is not avaible at all in the tech tree (idk why). There is another part called "Experiment: Plant Growth" (/GameData/StationScience/ArcanumIndustries/Parts/exper01PlantGrowth.cfg) available instead. These two parts are definitely not the same part. Thus the contract cannot be completed.

On 6/2/2021 at 6:31 AM, linuxgurugamer said:

Log file is needed

I think many others running into "Kuarqs" might share the same issue, because the Kuarqs experiment parts happen to be named the same in (/GameData/StationScience/Parts/) and in (/GameData/StationScience/ArcanumIndustries/Parts/). @linuxgurugamerPTAL.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.