On 2/2/2021 at 11:40 PM, AzraelZephyrian said:

Next time, if you're gonna give a really low rating, please comment why so you see higher quality posts in the future.... 

We pretty much ignore the thread ratings on this forum, since every time I mouse over it, it gives me a different value until I pick one.    I think they default to one star until somebody actually rates one, but nobody ever seems to do so.   We just ignore them on principle.

So.... what was your question again?  :D

42 minutes ago, Gargamel said:

We pretty much ignore the thread ratings on this forum, since every time I mouse over it, it gives me a different value until I pick one.    I think they default to one star until somebody actually rates one, but nobody ever seems to do so.   We just ignore them on principle.

So.... what was your question again?  :D

Ahhh that makes sense.  I had a mod request for what I thought was an issue with certain legacy shaders (may still be one, I've only been updated from 1.7.3 for a few days due to reluctance to deal with mod conflicts from a big update) but may have been an issue with steam somehow installing the wrong version of KSP and bricking one of the shader mods I have.  Will report back when I have checked it out. 

Welp, I installed the correct version of KSP to no avail.  Still getting the darned pink boxes and I don't think it's a matter of shaders...I've tried with and without planetshine.  At this point, I'm considering uninstalling EVE, scatterer, planetshine and all the planet packs that depend on them and hoping that works.  If it does, I'll start back with EVE and add things until it breaks.  I hope it's that simple.  I've been pulling my hair out over this for days now.

First, don't use the steam install as your primary modded install. Your issue could easily be steam seeing the shaders and deciding they're corrupt.

Secondly, the legacy shaders might not be compatible with the current version of KSP. Either the format or the dx version can cause this.

So delete your KSP, reinstall it using steam and copy that clean install where steam can't touch it. Then you can troubleshoot from there.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.