[ 1.12.x] Everoth star cluster V1.2 [Currently just the Estrela Dobre system!]

JcoolTheShipbuilder

since there is a big bug where the game crashes upon entering the SOI of the contact binary barycenter from kerbol and lags like heck inside the SOI (leaving and entering from planet SOIs are fine), and that idk how to fix it...
and that im going to college tomorrow and wont bring my games, i wont be able to work on this mod until christmas, the mod might be released around christmas...

• 9 months later...

It has been discovered that the game crashing upon SOI change into the barycenter SOI is caused by the new stock maneuver planner. Installing KSPCommunityFixes and disabling the stock maneuver planner fixes the issue by preventing the game from attempting a transfer to and from extremely faraway bodies.

1 hour ago, Sky Kerman said:

Ok cool! Will you add a home switch and habitable planet?

It will not have a home switch, but it does have multiple habitable planets, however, none are like Kerbin. no new planets will be added.
although Correlae is technically habitable, its atmosphere has a bit of chlorine gas, so the most habitable planet is Termania with its unicellular life.

Edited by JcoolTheShipbuilder

40 minutes ago, JcoolTheShipbuilder said:

this is a strange issue i have experienced, but sometimes reloading the game fixes it. what body are you having trouble with or is it with every body?

Some body's, its mostly the moon with the purple life. (Off topic but can I use your mod in a kerbal movie?)

11 minutes ago, Sky Kerman said:

Some body's, its mostly the moon with the purple life. (Off topic but can I use your mod in a kerbal movie?)

hmm.. yea it seems to be random, I havent tested much with Correlae (the one with purple life) as im figuring out the ocean node for Hados as the texture wont load correctly and results in a blank white color for its lava oceans.
also, sure you can use it in a kerbal movie!

• 2 weeks later...

Solved the issue with Correlae, added custom surface texture to Petrichor.

On 6/7/2022 at 4:18 PM, Sky Kerman said:

my craft seems to explode 10 meters of the surface.

the newest kopernicus version has an option "disablefarawaycolliders" in its new menu, which if enabled (restart game to make sure it is fully in effect), will prevent your craft from exploding 10m above the surface. however there are still some instances of your craft loading a bit above, and rarely below the terrain in certain areas, but it should be able to safely touch the terrain.

• 5 months later...

Hello everyone! apologies for the slow development, I am currently in university

Hm I decided on potentially adding a strange planet to a different system, but I realized that it can really only exist with its strangeness in this star system..
baiscally...
the idea is that..  a planet that orbits at the outer edge of the habitable zone, in the lagrange L5 point of the gas giants, and its solar day is exactly the orbital period of the contact binary stars.. in this situation a part of the surface has its daytime only when the dimmer star (5% solar luminousity) is eclipsing the brighter star (about 85% solar luminousity)..
it would result in a portion of the planet being covered in a thick ice sheet, where theres two spots adjacent to it that are the warmest spots due to those points always receiving the combined light of the two stars, and the side opposite from the ice sheet is temperate and has plentiful green life.

basically.. it has a very strange climate, its inclination will be fairly low, but still within the L5 point, and it will be a super-kerbin with no moons. Despite its strangeness and size, it is the most kerbin-like planet in the system, and it could even be a good place for a system swapped KSC (without game-breaking consenquences)

Also, I think that perhaps Culair might get a surface, but at the moment, I am unsure of how KSP2 will affect stuff, and I am a bit busy with university at the moment, so I might continue it during winter break.

Ok, I have decided that the new planet should be named Tempora as its unique climate results in its ice cap slowly collecting all of the remaining water on the massive planet's surface. So while it has some deep seas, the global sea level used to be much deeper over a billion years prior. And at some point in its future, long before the death of its parent stars, the final sea will vanish, to be locked away in its ice cap, which is only ever exposed to Adactus, the dimmer star. and there will be a thin band of life around the edges where the dawn and dusk of both stars will melt the edge, causing water to melt to feed the last bit of life while the rest of the planet is just expansive desert.

1 hour ago, Sky Kerman said:

Hey do you think you can make a homeswitch for Termina?

Also that new planet sounds so cool! Is scatter support coming soon?

Thanks! I am planning on adding scatter support.
homeswitch for termania? perhaps! if that doesnt work right or has tons of kraken issues, i will make a homeswitch for Tempora since that is the most similar to Kerbin