[ 1.12.x] Everoth star cluster V1.2 [Currently just the Estrela Dobre system!]

JcoolTheShipbuilder

now that Petrichor is about complete, I’m going to create Termania, a slightly smaller than Kerbin circumbinary moon, which will have red oceans from very recently evolved oxygen producing microorganisms creating oxygen that reacts with the iron in the oceans, creating red iron oxide

there will be little bit of life scattered on land, but most will be on shorelines

On 2/3/2021 at 1:20 AM, JcoolTheShipbuilder said:

-Make gas giant textures better (not a trump reference lol, just want it to look less..... fuzzy)

For this, I HIGHLY recommend you use Gaseous Giganticus (https://github.com/smcameron/gaseous-giganticus). It's a program that generates extremely detailed gas giant textures using an input image for reference. Gameslinx's planet pack Beyond Home uses Gaseous Giganticus, for example.

1.9.1 - 1.10.x] Beyond Home 1.5.0 (Supports Parallax) - Page 26 - Add-on  Releases - Kerbal Space Program Forums

The program is extremely powerful and can be tweaked to your liking. The only trade off is that depending on what computer you are using, textures can take a long time to generate (on an office computer, you can expect hours of waiting).

3 minutes ago, wpetula said:

For this, I HIGHLY recommend you use Gaseous Giganticus (https://github.com/smcameron/gaseous-giganticus). It's a program that generates extremely detailed gas giant textures using an input image for reference. Gameslinx's planet pack Beyond Home uses Gaseous Giganticus, for example.

1.9.1 - 1.10.x] Beyond Home 1.5.0 (Supports Parallax) - Page 26 - Add-on  Releases - Kerbal Space Program Forums

The program is extremely powerful and can be tweaked to your liking. The only trade off is that depending on what computer you are using, textures can take a long time to generate (on an office computer, you can expect hours of waiting).

hmm thats some good advice, i will use it for the gas giants

Edited by JcoolTheShipbuilder

This seems pretty cool, has a lot of potential, and gives me alot of Beyond home vibes with the surface scatters and landable Gas giants

Speaking of Gas giants, You should really use Gaseous Giganticus, its very good, tho It may work differently then the one that made Gateway(The Bluish gas giant that people were showing you)'s texture so it may not generate the beautiful swirls that gateway has. 

Edited by Cyrus Playz

Ok when I get back, I will redo Avon, it will keep its impact basin (tho it will be smaller), however, there will be much more detailed areas like mountain on the far side, and will have several large craters.

Also, should Oyst have a faint brown ring That goes from Avon to halfway to Paxt? I’m thinking it might be a good idea, but then I don’t want an excessive amount of rings. (Yes, rings will be around 3rd planet)

14 minutes ago, JcoolTheShipbuilder said:

yes i think thats pretty good, tho the purple planet should have blue oceans, like Correlae

Like this?

PEPLKto.png

imgur was being funny so thats why it took me so long just to do a recolor :/

What should i name the 4th planet of the system?
It will be a super kerbin between the sizes of Petrichor and Hados, probably at 800km radius, will be a cold ice world far from the suns, and will have cracks in its surface.
It will have two moons, one of which will have liquid on its surface, and it will be about 300km in radius. the other moon will be quite similar to Minmus, some craters, but also flat plains, no atmo, and about 120km in size

the 4th planet will be the furthest planet from its suns.... soo..
what should be its name?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.