Scott Manley sent me... ;)

GregSeventy7

10 hours ago, GregSeventy7 said:

Longtime viewer of his channel, finally have a new PC capable of running this great game properly so I've taken the dive.

Welcome aboard, fellow (new) Kerbonaut!

And remember:

Theres No Such a Thing as a Too Big Of A Rocket!!
0002.jpg

(Elon Musk is our fault!)

P.S.: Keep an eye on the thread below, lots of interesting things to see!

Spoiler

(really, you need to check it! :) )

Welcome to the forums!  Thats exactly how I got my start in KSP.  I have no idea how I got there, but watching Manley led me to buying the game when it came out on Steam circa what, 2013?  Still love his channel as he provides information that you just don't get in other KSP channels.  His has evolved to be far beyond simply videogames, which I really dig.  As soon as something wild happens in space, I know my guy Scott Manley will soon be on the scene to explain it to me properly.

On 2/3/2021 at 3:10 PM, GregSeventy7 said:

Longtime viewer of his channel, finally have a new PC capable of running this great game properly so I've taken the dive.

Kinda how I started too - watching a video titled "What KSP doesn't teach you about ________"   I don't remember which exact video anymore, but I while watching it, I was wondering "what the heck is a Kerbal Space Program?"  Two days later, I downloaded the demo with the idea that if I could make orbit in the demo, I'd buy the game.    Almost a week later, the full version was in my Steam library

Manley got me into this game too years ago, around... 1.4, I think. Got me in a bit of a dilemma trying to decide between KSP or Space Engineers, both of which I was eyeing but neither of which I had a strong enough PC for. I ultimately chose KSP.

• 2 weeks later...