Flickering (craft) shadow problem

Hello,

I'm having this issue where the shadows generated by my craft are flickering. (So likely a separate issue from the big black terrain shadow glitches that have been reported elsewhere lately). It's really quite annoying. Here's a short GIF I recorded of the issue:

https://imgur.com/a/K8Ub0lQ

I have just upgraded my graphics card so that might be a factor but I am hoping it's not the root cause and it can be fixed with a setting of either the game or graphics which I'm not aware of. Is there any advise you could give me here?

Thanks in advance!

On 2/4/2021 at 10:22 PM, CSX6400 said:

Thanks in advance!

Try this it might help, its from a similar problem but i strongly believe it will help in that annoying graphic bug as well.

https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/195975-shadow-flickering-problem/

On 11/15/2020 at 7:04 AM, Anth12 said:

Heres the fix to this problem:

In the settings.cfg file find these settings and make sure they all = 1.

SHADOWS_FLIGHT_PROJECTION = 1
SHADOWS_KSC_PROJECTION = 1
SHADOWS_TRACKING_PROJECTION = 1
SHADOWS_EDITORS_PROJECTION = 1
SHADOWS_MAIN_PROJECTION = 1
SHADOWS_DEFAULT_PROJECTION = 1

3 hours ago, Boyster said:

Try this it might help, its from a similar problem but i strongly believe it will help in that annoying graphic bug as well.

Excellent help! I thought I could dismiss that solution from the other graphics bug as I already dealt with the big black terrain glitches by turning off "celestial bodies cast self-shadows" but editing the settings.cfg file like that indeed solved the problem. Strange that isn't the default setting. Thank you.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.