JNSQ Parallax settings - Bumpy roads up ahead [Version 1.0 ]

SirBlob

3 hours ago, alberro+ said:

Looking forward to this, any chance it'll work on 1.8.1?

It will, BUT the 1.2 version of Parallax fixed a lot of stuttering and also the newest version of Parallax fixed a lot of issues if it works on 1.8.1 this config will, the config just applies Parallax tesselation nothing more.

I highly recommend you test out the newest version of Parallax on 1.8.1 in a new test save, personally I play on 1.11.1

On 2/5/2021 at 4:34 PM, SirBlob said:

That happend because of the old Parallax version not very enjoyable tbh.

Edited by SirBlob
phrasing

3 hours ago, SirBlob said:

It will, BUT the 1.2 version of Parallax fixed a lot of stuttering and also the newest version of Parallax fixed a lot of issues if it works on 1.8.1 this config will, the config just applies Parallax tesselation nothing more.

I highly recommend you test out the newest version of Parallax on 1.8.1 in a new test save, personally I play on 1.11.1

That happend because of the old Parallax version not very enjoyable tbh.

Very well then, I'll show you the results once I have them.

• 3 weeks later...
11 hours ago, Starslinger999 said:

so does this mod add new textures for the new planets or just resize the parallax textures for the stock planets only

All planets have parallax textures, some use the "stock" parallax textures huygen for example uses minmus textures but with different colors, still looks good in my opinion.

Custom textures may take a while with school and all, got some exams and appointments coming up ;)

7 hours ago, SirBlob said:

All planets have parallax textures, some use the "stock" parallax textures huygen for example uses minmus textures but with different colors, still looks good in my opinion.

Custom textures may take a while with school and all, got some exams and appointments coming up ;)

Just was wondering bc of the lack of files if the new planets had textures at all but thats understandable IRL first and gl with the exams

• 2 months later...

Hey do you plan to update this for the new Parallax version? New Parallax version breaks old configs, however it offers a lot of bugfixes and greatly improved performance so it is worth it IMO. Technically, only rewriting the actual configs would be needed, no textures would need to be changed (to my knowledge)

Edited by Vovical

23 hours ago, Vovical said:

Hey do you plan to update this for the new Parallax version? New Parallax version breaks old configs, however it offers a lot of bugfixes and greatly improved performance so it is worth it IMO. Technically, only rewriting the actual configs would be needed, no textures would need to be changed (to my knowledge)

I don´t want to overpromise anything, because I haven´t looked at the changes yet. But give me like this weekend (+ a few days) :cool: 

First of some good news, the config is nearly done, but some tweeks are still needed.

Also I have encountered this problem and I dont know how to fix it. Not gonna release it yet.

Also the new textures for pol and so on look really good, but the old pol textures [with collisions] looked way better on huygen I might reuse the old textures on huygen, if I get permission ofcourse.

Also just some general information my exams are done but I am currently in the process of getting my drivers license which takes up a lot of my time and  also working, so dont expect a lot of updates but I am trying my best to get this config to work in 1.12.

Edited by SirBlob
info

On 7/10/2021 at 6:57 AM, SirBlob said:

First of some good news, the config is nearly done, but some tweeks are still needed.

Also I have encountered this problem and I dont know how to fix it. Not gonna release it yet.

Also the new textures for pol and so on look really good, but the old pol textures [with collisions] looked way better on huygen I might reuse the old textures on huygen, if I get permission ofcourse.

Also just some general information my exams are done but I am currently in the process of getting my drivers license which takes up a lot of my time and  also working, so dont expect a lot of updates but I am trying my best to get this config to work in 1.12.

Nice! IIRC anyone making cfgs has permission to use them but best to  ask Linx

So here is a preview version,  on what I am working on, works on every planet [blank squares included,  tbh I don't know how to get rid of them, just a visual glitch not game breaking]

When parallax has collisions again I will reuse the old texutres from pol for huygen [if I get permission],  when the new parallax update drops, I will try my best to update as soon as possible.

For the next weeks I will try to get grid of the blank squares, but I won't promise anything.

Would be nice to know if you guys also get blank squares or if its just on my end :)

Edited by SirBlob

4 hours ago, SirBlob said:

So here is a preview version,  on what I am working on, works on every planet [blank squares included,  tbh I don't know how to get rid of them, just a visual glitch not game breaking]

When parallax has collisions again I will reuse the old texutres from pol for huygen [if I get permission],  when the new parallax update drops, I will try my best to update as soon as possible.

For the next weeks I will try to get grid of the blank squares, but I won't promise anything.

Would be nice to know if you guys also get blank squares or if its just on my end :)

So far in my testing (1.11.2), I've not seen the blank squares bug.  I do remember the blank squares (or flying terrain) happened in Scatterer some time ago.  I also have Scatterer installed :)

But I am getting the black Mun of death in the tracking center, and just the tracking center:

ATKiSRs.png

Mod list:

DSnSerz.pngICqJobA.pngOHm8WQc.png

And I forgot to add my adventures:

TPIdPLm.pngzwA0Hq2.pngotakTSn.pngXbULN9o.png

Edited by MashAndBangers

41 minutes ago, MashAndBangers said:

So far in my testing (1.11.2), I've not seen the blank squares bug.  I do remember the blank squares (or flying terrain) happened in Scatterer some time ago.  I also have Scatterer installed :)

But I am getting the black Mun of death in the tracking center, and just the tracking center:

ATKiSRs.png

Mod list:

DSnSerz.pngICqJobA.pngOHm8WQc.png

Which Parallax version are you using? I used KSP 1.12 for the preview version with Parallax 1.3 maybe thats causing the problem.

Also I never had the black mun problem, gonna take a look at it [in 1.11 I always used the 1.2 Version of Parallax and never had that problem]

Edited by SirBlob

31 minutes ago, SirBlob said:

Which Parallax version are you using? I used KSP 1.12 for the preview version with Parallax 1.3 maybe thats causing the problem.

Also I never had the black mun problem, gonna take a look at it [in 1.11 I always used the 1.2 Version of Parallax and never had that problem]

I'm using 1.3 Parallax in 1.11.2.  I went back to 1.11.2 because docking ports are broken in 1.12 at the moment.

21 minutes ago, MashAndBangers said:

I'm using 1.3 Parallax in 1.11.2.  I went back to 1.11.2 because docking ports are broken in 1.12 at the moment.

Ok  gonna take a look real quick,  if you still want collisions I would use 1.2 parallax with the old config. But its up to you, the new texutres look realy good, like the ones in your  our screenshots comrade. :cool:

Edit:

Started a new 1.11.2 save with 1.3 Parallax, no black mun to be seen, weird :huh:

Edited by SirBlob
info

1 hour ago, SirBlob said:

Started a new 1.11.2 save with 1.3 Parallax, no black mun to be seen, weird

I love bugs that only happen to certain people!

So the missing squares does happen:

nQgs7jq.png

Upon ascent from the Mun, the terrain tried to disappear, but after a second or 2, it all went back to normal.

• 3 weeks later...
38 minutes ago, Orgalit said:

Hi!

SirBlob, is there any news about 1.12 Parallax config for JNSQ? Can't wait to start a new career  after long break )

Still waiting for the new Parallax update, so collisions are back and I then can also start work on the asteroids configs.

• 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, theonegalen said:

Excited for the update, once it happens!

I am still waiting for the next parallax update and even when the update is out, it might take a while on my side. Since I am currently studying which takes a lot of my free time. But I will try my best to update it as soon as possible.

• 3 months later...
On 7/25/2021 at 6:10 AM, SirBlob said:

thanks for this, have tested it out for a while on kerbin/mun/minmus and it seems to be working great in ksp 1.12.3 + parallax 3.1

• 1 month later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.