The Universal Surface Base - A Lowne Aerospace Product

Here at Lowne Aerospace®  we are very excited to offer a new surface base! This features ample internal cargo and crew capacity, a full-size laboratory kitted-out with every science experiment available, two external viewing platforms, full ore mining and refining capability, a secure rover garage (rover included with purchase) with a closable door and retractable ramp, and a vertical telescopic mobility enhancer (sometimes referred to as a “ladder”) to enable boarding without the need for an EVA pack.

See the catalogue below to select the launcher configuration most suitable for your needs, and then proceed to purchase with the download button below.

Happy colonising!

Disclaimer: Lowne Aerospace® has not definitively proven the landing capabilities of the Universal Surface Base® on any celestial body aside from Tylo. Customer feedback welcomed. Lowne Aerospace is not responsible for any horrific tragedy that may arise from use of the Universal Surface Base®

JY8VVLy.png

ISjDRl8.png

See the base in action here:

Download to purchase here:

https://mega.nz/file/5MNkCBqB#YXC8j5nxzfrMFS506KH8dnFgZSRziXJi7jEqZaIhyo0

Edited by Matt Lowne

3 hours ago, Matt Lowne said:

Disclaimer: Lowne Aerospace® has not definitively proven the landing capabilities of the Universal Surface Base® on any celestial body aside from Tylo. Customer feedback welcomed. Lowne Aerospace is not responsible for any horrific tragedy that may arise from use of the Universal Surface Base®

what

Nice base, going to test it on Minmus, then Duna. I'll update this post with my results when finished.

Edit: on way to Minmus, please check your staging for the nuclear engines so that all of them are used.

I've just landed on Minmus. When deploying the rover, put all wheels on the ramp before lowering it (on the flats).

Edited by B1778
Update

@Matt LowneI had to build it on PS4 which took forever, but it took me quite a few tries to get to Moho, but I figured out that adding moar boosters worked, it took another while to add them but a few extra Saturn V first stages and 5 of every solid rocket booster in the game for me to have a very inefficient launch to Moho.

WHAT BETTER WAY, THAN THE KERBAL WAY!

Edited by BigStar Aerospace
Typing error

10 hours ago, Anders_ said:

@Matt Lowne Wow, looks great! Just wondering, how did you make the pictures showing the different configurations? Thanks!

I don't know if this is how he did it but this is how I would do it on photoshop. Screenshot each vessel on landing pad twice, one with the fairing and one without. Cut them out in photo shop, layer them on-top and change the transparency of the fairing part. Do this for all 4, add fancy background and voila.

3 hours ago, Jayman2323 said:

I don't know if this is how he did it but this is how I would do it on photoshop. Screenshot each vessel on landing pad twice, one with the fairing and one without. Cut them out in photo shop, layer them on-top and change the transparency of the fairing part. Do this for all 4, add fancy background and voila.

Pretty much! Except I got the craft pictures using the mod Kronal Vessel Viewer 

15 hours ago, Jebediah Kerman 13 said:

I would suggest to adding a cool foldable heat shield so when in reentry for Eve, we can unfold the shield and then after reentry, we can stow it away so it won't take a big space when landing. 

The Eve variant has a heat shield. 

No images of minmus yet?!

Jeb and crew are about to descend. I will update when they make it!

unknown.png?width=1214&height=683

EDIT:

We made it! A nice and easy touch down.

I think I will be doing a resupply/transfer mission next. Jeb and his crew need to come back for their next mission, so I will send a few kerbonaut's to look after the base. I will also be sending an experiment control unit as I seems I have lost mine! A few radiators too as the drill is overheating. I am going to bring a structural panel or two and add them onto the ramp (if I can) because it is quite steep on minmus, even with the leg spring strength all the way down. Lastly I will bring a few things to make a relay antenna/relay ground station (maybe even a satellite) as I cant control the rover without Kerbals in it due to my difficulty settings. 

Great craft Matt! It will be staying on my save as a minmus base!

unknown.png?width=1214&height=683

Edited by Space_Ben
An update

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.