The Universal Surface Base - A Lowne Aerospace Product

Just landed the base on Laythe. Didn't need any gravity assists and had a pretty nice flight. The two Kerbals on the outside sat there for a year though, which I only noticed once landed. I'm sure they had a nice reentry. 3CBVMck.png

13 hours ago, Corporalsimmons said:

So I landed on minmus but the rover is acting VERY drunk. its too light and the wheels dont spin? also the SAS module on the rover cant be toggled. But hey that just gives me an excuse to expand with a more specialized rover!

You can change the small in-line reaction wheel to SAS only, that helps. Or turn down the authority a bit.

I love this. It inspired me to design my own all-in-one base, up to now I've always gone with modules. Especially impressive job with the delivery mechanism, that's the hard part!

In hindsight, it was probably a bad idea to try this as my first mission to any other celestial body. It went about as well as a Blunderbirds-demanding mission

At least i got there, and 3 of my kerbals are alive, but the surface base isn't exactly that useful anymore, and I think Jeb is starting to hate minimus-flavored ice cream

On 2/6/2021 at 4:58 AM, Matt Lowne said:

Disclaimer: Lowne Aerospace® has not definitively proven the landing capabilities of the Universal Surface Base® on any celestial body aside from Tylo. Customer feedback welcomed. Lowne Aerospace is not responsible for any horrific tragedy that may arise from use of the Universal Surface Base®

The true question is,
can you land it in the Mohole?

Guys, I'm really sorry (well, not really!) But with the creation of  this thread, I had to do it....

black_bckg_2.jpg

black_bckg_6.jpg

Spoiler

I'm going to test the USB at some point, but until then...I felt like bringing a small chuckle or two into a a couple people's lives :kiss:

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.