The Universal Surface Base - A Lowne Aerospace Product

On 3/9/2021 at 2:08 PM, DaBakonAder said:

If I Installed this months ago (which I thought about doing) I Wouldn't be able to use it b/c its a .rar, but now i know winrar is free! so I can use this.

By the way, 7Zip is also free, and some say is better.

I have been watching your vids for years, and you never disappoint me! :D :sticktongue:

You have literally been my childhood! 

Hope that you're not offended by Piolet1549 getting all of the attention lol

This craft looks great! I will try it sometime today or this weekend. 

Edited by Guest

12 hours ago, SpaceX_Boi said:

Quick question-

Can we download the rockets too, or is just the base? :/ 

I'm fine either way btw :) 

It is the base and launcher. The rocket is part of the provided craftfiles, just choose the right one based off of your destination.

• 2 weeks later...

I finally managed to land on Eeloo with attempt 8.

I had to add moar boosters - Asparagus staging extra copies of the bottom stage + solids + using the max Dv design + extra liquid fuel in the top stage to transfer + removing solar panels and escape system. But then I had most of the final hover stage left, so I may have gone too far.

Unfortunately:

1. The comms dish and sensor bit seem to be stuck with struts - I broke it adding the extra Dv to my version.
  2. I can't seem to get the rover out? Once I've detached it from the docking port the rover is out of comms range and Kerbals can't get on the seats. Anyone have more luck with the rover?

Eeloo landed

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/6/2021 at 8:49 PM, Jebediah Kerman 13 said:

I would suggest to adding a cool foldable heat shield so when in reentry for Eve, we can unfold the shield and then after reentry, we can stow it away so it won't take a big space when landing. 

You didn't know? You can't deflate the inflatable heat shield

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/6/2021 at 1:18 PM, BigStar Aerospace said:

@Matt LowneI had to build it on PS4 which took forever, but it took me quite a few tries to get to Moho, but I figured out that adding moar boosters worked, it took another while to add them but a few extra Saturn V first stages and 5 of every solid rocket booster in the game for me to have a very inefficient launch to Moho.

WHAT BETTER WAY, THAN THE KERBAL WAY!

How did you remove the struts?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.