[1.11.1] SMI Missiles and Launchers KSP 1.11.X BDA 1.4.0.7+

TheKurgan

This is a resurrection of  SMI Missiles and Launchers by the legendary @SpannerMonkey(smce)

Spanner gave me permission to bring this part of SM Armory Group back to a release state, and also permission to bring the missiles and bombs from SM Armory over to SM_Missiles.

Spoiler

xJRWaSn.png

3uDgpE9.png

License

There have been a couple of missiles removed that no longer function properly, and there may be one or two that were never released...
I will continue to build upon and update this post in the near future, but for now, here it is!

Download

The heat seeking missiles have a new capability added for adjusting flare vulnerability... this has not been released by the BDA team yet. 
I have not tested them on versions of BDA lower then the current (unreleased) DEV build.
If the heat seekers give you any issues, PLEASE let me know, and I will comment out the modules until the next version of BDA is released.

Requires the latest version of BDArmory

Texture switching uses FStextureSwitch2 from Firespitter available here

Before anyone asks...

I do not have permission, and will NOT ask for permission to revive any other parts of the SM Armory Group.

The upkeep required for the rest of the SM Armory Group mods is well beyond my capabilities and desires. 

Edited by TheKurgan

BDA may be getting the R74 that Me and Josue did the config for, BUT if that missile doesn't go in BDA, it may go in BDA-Extended... if that ever becomes a thing.
Maybe Stardust will give me his R74 :)
I am thinking that any new missiles we make, may end up in a new mod, if it ever gets off the ground.

Edited by TheKurgan

10 minutes ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

And didn't we have an r74 in stryker??

Thanks so much for  your support Spanner, I very much appreciate it.  I'm just very happy that I can bring back one tiny part of your work.

We have an R73... so it's nearly identical. But I'm not sure, off the top of my head,  which mod it was in. I'll have a look when I get home. 

Cheers!

18 hours ago, Delta dart said:

Any requirements for this mod to work? (apart from bda)

No, not really, but if you want the texture switching to work, you'll need Firespitter... I'll add that to the OP once my head stops pounding :P

On 2/6/2021 at 12:01 PM, TheKurgan said:

Before anyone asks, no, I do not have permission, and will NOT ask for permission to revive any other parts of the SM Armory Group.
The upkeep required for the rest of the SM Armory Group mods is well beyond my capabilities and desires. 

@Hypercore How about you read the opening thread before you start rejoicing and spreading fallacies about the revival of other SM mods. 

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 2/7/2021 at 6:08 AM, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

Hey, just poppin in  to wish you all the best in your latest modding adventure,   and while I'm at it  confirm that you have my full support  and  blessing in rereleasing a modified version of missiles and launchers.

Anyho  tata for now

SM

My First Comment on this platform and i got to say, i've been using your mods since 2016 (PEW continued) and i loved all of them. i wish that you're doing well even though you haven't been online recently, hope to seeing more creations from you!

Edited by Crepe Kerbal
Better Phrasing

• 3 months later...
On 2/7/2021 at 3:08 AM, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

Hey, just poppin in  to wish you all the best in your latest modding adventure,   and while I'm at it  confirm that you have my full support  and  blessing in rereleasing a modified version of missiles and launchers.

Anyho  tata for now

SM

When Kerbals needed him the most, he vanished.

• 4 months later...
  • 7 months later...

New to the BDA-world, I stumbled over this mod. Does it work wirh KSP 1.12.x and BDA+ (1.5.5.1 and later)?

Additional question: what does the plugin do, that comes with this pack?

Edited by Rakete

• 2 months later...

I checked with a new install of of KSP 1.12.5 with BDA+ and it is practically unusable.

I tested this with the GOAB bomb and it bugged out by stopping mid-air and slowly falling straight into the ground at ~9m/s

I hope this gets fixed and made compatible with 1.12.5 since BDA+ offers just few weaponry in my opinion.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.