[1.12.x] Kopernicus Stable branch (Last Updated February 12th, 2024)

R-T-B

23 hours ago, Rakete said:

Thanks @R-T-B. Hope you aren't leaving modding ksp 2 completely. 

Thanks for all the work you and the other devs put into kopernicus.

I'll be focusing on KSP2 but KSP1 will always have some attention.  I'd say it'll be about 25/75% cut, depending of course on how good/bad KSP2 is.

1 hour ago, R-T-B said:

I'll be focusing on KSP2 but KSP1 will always have some attention.  I'd say it'll be about 25/75% cut, depending of course on how good/bad KSP2 is.

Sounds great, that bugfixes are still in the making, even with a slower pace. Thanks for that - esp. for those of us, who run a potato pc and are not sure, if KSP2 will run well on our machines.

Edited by Rakete

4 minutes ago, OhioBob said:

The Kopernicus Wiki gives much of that type of information.  Scatters specifically are placed using a PQS mod called LandControl.

Well that'll help a ton, alot of that I've already worked out on my own. Is there a list of the available BUILTIN object files? Is there a special program needed to access the hidden KSP files or something?

3 hours ago, PrimeDirective96 said:

Well that'll help a ton, alot of that I've already worked out on my own. Is there a list of the available BUILTIN object files? Is there a special program needed to access the hidden KSP files or something?

The only way I know to figure out what objects are available is by looking configs for the celestial bodies and see what they are using.  You can find that here:

kittopia-dumps/Configs at master · Kopernicus/kittopia-dumps (github.com)

As far as accessing the hidden files, I don't know anyway to do that.  Perhaps there's a way to decompile files, but I don't know anything about that.  That's not my area of expertise.

2 hours ago, OhioBob said:

The only way I know to figure out what objects are available is by looking configs for the celestial bodies and see what they are using.  You can find that here:

kittopia-dumps/Configs at master · Kopernicus/kittopia-dumps (github.com)

As far as accessing the hidden files, I don't know anyway to do that.  Perhaps there's a way to decompile files, but I don't know anything about that.  That's not my area of expertise.

Yes! That should do the trick. Thank you so much, you've been a huge help, now time to go to bed :/

19 hours ago, dave1904 said:

What will you be looking into first in Ksp 2. Planet modding again?

Honestly I don't know until I get the game, but I'd like to look at a proper career mode, since they seem to be only going science mode at launch.

As essential as Kopernicus was for KSP1, I really hope KSP2 has something more intuitive to replace it.

For my absolute first mod though it will likely be something excesively simply to learn the ropes, KISS principle stuff.

Edited by R-T-B

So I lied...  I fixed one final bug.  Basically, it's a very old one in which PQSCities which were multipart other than the KSC were assembled without relative coordinates.  That meant that if there was more than one building (think the Inland KSC) it got compacted inside itself with all it's structures in one position rather than spread out like it should be.  It may have affected other multipart hidden easter eggs as well, I'm not sure.  Anyways, it is now fixed!  Announcing the next release:

Kopernicus release-146
New in this latest version release-146:

1.) Fix for multipart PQSCity units like the Inland KSC. Closes Github Issue #521.

2.) Some space center parts that weren't customizable are now fixed/working again.

3.) The particle system which hasn't worked since at least 1.10.x has been removed to keep the code lean and mean. No mods used it to my knowledge, anyhow.

Known Bugs:

1.) Not exactly a bug, but worth mentioning: The Kopernicus_Config.cfg file is rewritten when the game exits. This means any manual (not in the GUI) edits made while playing the game will not be preserved. Edit the file only with the game exited, please.

2.) At interstellar ranges, heat can sometimes behave strangely, sometimes related to map zoom (be careful zooming out). It is best to turn off part heating when traveling far far away.

3.) When zooming out all the way out in map view at interstellar ranges, the navball furthermore sometimes behaves oddly. We are working on this and monitoring all the interstellar bugs actively.

4.) Very Old craft files may complain about a missing module. This is a cosmetic error and can be ignored. Reload and re-save the craft to remove the error.

Known Caveats:

1.) The 1.12.x release series works on 1.12.x. The 1.11.x,1.10.x,1.9.x and 1.8.x releases are deprecated

2.) Multistar Solar panel support requires an additional config file, attached to release.

3.) As of release-107, scatter density underwent a bugfix on all bodies globally that results in densities acting more dense than before on some select configs. Some mods may need to adjust. Normally we'd not change things like this, but this is technically the correct stock behavior of the node so... if you need the old behavior, see config option UseIncorrectScatterDensityLogic.

4.) As of Release-119, LandControl createColors is no longer obeyed, it is forced on to avoid another bug. Very few mods to my knowledge use this parameter, but a few do (JNSQ for example). We work around this in game now, but if you need createColor colors, turn option "EnableColorFix" to false.

5.) The "collider fix" as it's called, which fixes the event in which you sink into the terrain on distant bodies, is now on by default. If you really need distant colliders, turn this off, but you'd best have a good reason (I can't think of any).

6.) The particle system was hopelessly broken and has been since sometime past 1.10.x. Few mods used it, so it has been removed completely as of Release-146.

Edited by R-T-B

I appreciate the report.  I tested with a few mods but it looks like some might not like the newly fixed PQSCities...  I'll have to work out some workarounds.  Stand by for a hotfix if you are having issues, there will most likely be one.

I worked out the bug.  It happens to crash the game when the newly properly unpacked structures go somewhere they shouldn't (in the terrain, floating in the air, etc).  I have a fix though and will post it shortly.  Basically, it tells it to just keep loading and ignore burried or floating structures.  I consider that more of a cosmetic glitch than a "stop everything" bug anyways.  Planet pack author can fix such things. ;)

JNSQ's "Inland KSC" island looks like this right now:

H3qtS5V.png

For reference, this is back at native Kerbin, the proper Inland KSC, unpacked right:

kTjX55U.png

Fix will be uploaded in the coming minutes. :)

@GoAHeadFix here!  Try this. :)

Kopernicus release-147

New in this latest version release-147:

1.) Bugfix for game crashing due to structures not being tracked right by the spawning mechanisms if they are not placed properly by the authors, brought about by multipart structures suddenly spawning correctly.

Known Bugs:

1.) Not exactly a bug, but worth mentioning: The Kopernicus_Config.cfg file is rewritten when the game exits. This means any manual (not in the GUI) edits made while playing the game will not be preserved. Edit the file only with the game exited, please.

2.) At interstellar ranges, heat can sometimes behave strangely, sometimes related to map zoom (be careful zooming out). It is best to turn off part heating when traveling far far away.

3.) When zooming out all the way out in map view at interstellar ranges, the navball furthermore sometimes behaves oddly. We are working on this and monitoring all the interstellar bugs actively.

4.) Very Old craft files may complain about a missing module. This is a cosmetic error and can be ignored. Reload and re-save the craft to remove the error.

Known Caveats:

1.) The 1.12.x release series works on 1.12.x. The 1.11.x,1.10.x,1.9.x and 1.8.x releases are deprecated

2.) Multistar Solar panel support requires an additional config file, attached to release.

3.) As of release-107, scatter density underwent a bugfix on all bodies globally that results in densities acting more dense than before on some select configs. Some mods may need to adjust. Normally we'd not change things like this, but this is technically the correct stock behavior of the node so... if you need the old behavior, see config option UseIncorrectScatterDensityLogic.

4.) As of Release-119, LandControl createColors is no longer obeyed, it is forced on to avoid another bug. Very few mods to my knowledge use this parameter, but a few do (JNSQ for example). We work around this in game now, but if you need createColor colors, turn option "EnableColorFix" to false.

5.) The "collider fix" as it's called, which fixes the event in which you sink into the terrain on distant bodies, is now on by default. If you really need distant colliders, turn this off, but you'd best have a good reason (I can't think of any).

6.) The particle system was hopelessly broken and has been since sometime past 1.10.x. Few mods used it, so it has been removed completely as of Release-146.

7.) Because we now unpack multipart PQSCity's correctly, you may find some PQSCity structures are in the earth or floating. Report such bugs to your planet pack author as this is an intended change (only cosmetic).

Edited by R-T-B

7 minutes ago, Kwebib said:

Maybe they have global warming in JNSQ, and that's why they had to move from the old KSC.

Fun random fact:  JNSQ's ice caps are actually a giant scatter.  So yes you can go under them.  I suppose that does mean there is far less ice.

Edited by R-T-B

1 hour ago, Kurld said:

Does Kittopia still work, and if so, how do I start it from within the game?   Thanks!

It should, but I will confess I have not tested it in a bit.  Will test now and report back.

I think the gui hotkey was CTRL-P, I'd better check that too though lol.

EDIT:  It works an that IS the hotkey, heh.  Minor unrelated release incoming...

Edited by R-T-B

Kopernicus release-148

New in this latest version release-148:

1.) Bugfix for some (almost completely unusued) KSC customization functions that were broken.

Known Bugs:

Known Caveats:

7.) Because we now unpack multipart PQSCity's correctly, you may find some PQSCity structures are in the earth or floating. Report such bugs to your planet pack author as this is an intended change (only cosmetic).

Last bugfix for now, though before KSP2, the number "Release-150" is kinda tempting... lol.  We'l see.  Keep in mind all these minor bugfixes are for almost entirely unused functions, so they are pretty optional:

Kopernicus release-149

New in this latest version release-149:

1.) More KSC customization fixes that almost certainly no one uses. Just trying to make it perform as per the wiki. :)

Known Bugs:

Known Caveats:

Edited by R-T-B

21 minutes ago, RB101 said:

Not sure if this is related to this mod, but it's the only thing I've updated via ckan since last playing the game,

This now appears within the VAB/SPH, and is part of the scene/background (it is not a part)

https://imgur.com/a/2131fF4

oof.  Looks like the new PQSCity unpacker had a really bad day in the VAB!  Guess we'll need release-150 afterall. lol. ;)

Most users aren't experiencing this though, so can I ask for a screenshot of your modlist?  Just a shot of your gamedata folder or similar will do.  In the meantime, Release-145 is the last release not to feature the new PQSCity unpacker so you can use that to get rid of this in the shortterm.

I'll have some kind of fix later today with any luck.

Edited by R-T-B

4 minutes ago, R-T-B said:

oof.  Looks like the new PQSCity unpacker had a really bad day in the VAB!  Guess we'll need release-150 afterall. lol. ;)

Most users aren't experiencing this though, so can I ask for a screenshot of your modlist?  Just a shot of your gamedata folder or similar will do.  In the meantime, Release-145 is the last release not to feature the new PQSCity unpacker so you can use that to get rid of this in the shortterm.

I'll have some kind of fix later today with any luck.

Thanks for the fast reply :) , (I have tried multiple fresh installs of the below mods list with Release 146 - 149, and gotten the same issue)

I can also confirm that backdating to Release-145 fixes this issue,

Here is a my mod list as exported from Ckan (I hope this helps)

Spoiler

[x] Science! Continued (xScienceContinued 6.0.1.3)
Aircraft Carrier Accessories (AircraftCarrierAccessories 1:1.9.1)
AirPark ReContinued (AirParkContinued 2:1.7.1.7)
Airships (Heisenberg v2.19.1)
Alternate Resource Panel (AlternateResourcePanel 1:v2.11.0.0)
Antenna Helper (AntennaHelper 2:1.0.7.7)
ASET Agency (ASETAgency 1.0)
ASET Props (ASETProps 1.5)
B9 Aerospace Procedural Wings - Fork (B9-PWings-Fork 3:0.43.0.11)
B9 Part Switch (B9PartSwitch v2.20.0)
Background Resources (BackgroundResources 1:v0.18.0.0)
BahamutoD Animation Modules (BDAnimationModules 1:v0.6.7.1)
BetterBurnTime (BetterBurnTime 1.10)
BetterCrewAssignment (BetterCrewAssignment 1.4.1)
BetterTimeWarpContinued (BetterTimeWarpCont 2.3.13)
BonVoyage (BonVoyage 1:1.4.1)
Breaking Ground (BreakingGround-DLC 1.7.1)
Bumblebee (Bumblebee 0.6.1)
ClickThrough Blocker (ClickThroughBlocker 1:2.1.10.21)
CommNet Antennas Consumptor (CommNetAntennasConsumptor 3.5.5)
CommNet Antennas Extension (CommNetAntennasExtension 2.1.7)
CommNet Antennas Info (CommNetAntennasInfo 3.1.2)
CommNet Constellation (CommNetConstellation 1.5.7)
Community Category Kit (CommunityCategoryKit v112.0.1)
Community Resource Pack (CommunityResourcePack v112.0.1)
Community Tech Tree (CommunityTechTree 1:3.4.4)
Community Terrain Texture Pack (CommunityTerrainTexturePack 1:1.0.4)
Contract Configurator (ContractConfigurator v2.2.2.0)
Critical Temperature Gauge (CriticalTemperatureGauge 1.12.3.1)
Crowd Sourced Science (CrowdSourcedScience v6.0)
Cryo Tanks (CryoTanks 1.6.5)
Cryo Tanks Core (CryoTanks-Core 1.6.5)
DeepFreeze Continued... (DeepFreeze V0.31.0.0)
Deployable Engines Plugin (DeployableEngines 1.3.1)
DMModuleScienceAnimateGeneric (DMagicScienceAnimate v0.23)
Draggable Navball (DraggableNavball v1.0.1.5)
Dynamic Battery Storage (DynamicBatteryStorage 2:2.2.5.0)
Easy Vessel Switch (EVS) (EasyVesselSwitch 2.3)
Editor Extensions Redux (EditorExtensionsRedux 3.4.3.5)
EvaFollower (EvaFollower 1:1.1.1.14)
Extraplanetary Launchpads (ExtraPlanetaryLaunchpads 6.99.3.0)
Far Future Technologies (FarFutureTechnologies 1.2.0)
Feline Utility Rovers (FelineUtilityRovers 1.3.6)
Final Frontier (FinalFrontier 1.10.0-3485)
Firespitter Core (FirespitterCore v7.17)
Firespitter Resources config (FirespitterResourcesConfig v7.17)
FuseBox Continued (FuseBoxContinued 0.1.17.3)
GravityTurn Continued (GravityTurnContinued 3:1.8.3)
Harmony 2 (Harmony2 2.2.1.0)
Haystack ReContinued (HaystackReContinued 0.5.7.6)
Heat Control (HeatControl 0.6.1)
Heisenberg Classic Stock Play Mode (Heisenberg-PlayMode-ClassicStock v2.19.1)
Hide Empty Tech Tree Nodes (HideEmptyTechNodes 1.3.2)
HL Airships Core (HooliganLabsAirships 7.0.1.0R3)
HyperEdit (HyperEdit 1.5.8.0)
Improved Tree Engine Placement (ImprovedTreeEnginePlacement v1.4.0)
Inline Ballutes (InlineBallutes 1.2.11.4)
Internal RCS (InternalRCS 1.3)
KARE (KARE 1.1.1)
KEI (KEI 1.2.10.5)
Kerbal Actuators (KerbalActuators v1.8.5)
Kerbal Aircraft Expansion (KerbalAircraftExpansion 4:2.8.1.0)
Kerbal Alarm Clock (KerbalAlarmClock v3.14.0.0)
Kerbal Atomics (KerbalAtomics 1:1.3.3)
Kerbal Atomics - Liquid Fuel Only (KerbalAtomics-NTRsUseLF 1.3.3)
Kerbal Attachment System (KAS 1.12)
Kerbal Engineer Redux (KerbalEngineerRedux 1.1.9.0)
Kerbal Foundries2 (KerbalFoundriesContinued 2.4.8.18)
Kerbal Inventory System (KIS 1.29)
Kerbal Inventory System - No Fun (KerbalInventorySystemNoFun 1:0.1.11.0)
Kerbal Joint Reinforcement Continued (KerbalJointReinforcementContinued v3.6.1)
Kerbal Planetary Base Systems (KerbalPlanetaryBaseSystems v1.6.16)
Kerbal Research & Development (KRnD 1.16.0.13)
Kerbal Reusability Expansion (SpaceXLegs 2.9.2)
KerBalloons Continued (KerBalloons 1:0.5.0.13)
Konstruction (Konstruction v112.0.1)
Kopernicus Planetary System Modifier (Kopernicus 2:release-1.12.1-145)
Kramax Autopilot Continued (KramaxAutopilotContinued 0.4.0.1)
KSP Community Fixes (KSPCommunityFixes 1.24.5)
KSP Recall (KSP-Recall v0.3.0.10)
KSP Rescue Contract Fix (KSPRescueContractFix 1.1.0)
KSP Resonant Orbit Calculator (ResonantOrbitCalculator 0.0.7)
KSP Wheel (KSPWheel 1:0.16.14.33)
Lithobrake Exploration Technologies (LET) (formerly LETech) (LithobrakeExplorationTechnologies 0.5.0.0-adoption)
Making History (MakingHistory-DLC 1.12.1)
MechJeb 2 (MechJeb2 2.14.2.0)
MemGraph (MemGraph 1:1.2.0.1)
Mk1-Cabin-Hatch (Mk1CabinHatch 1.0.1)
Mk2 Stockalike Expansion (Mk2Expansion 2:1.9.1.2)
Mk3 Stockalike Expansion (Mk3Expansion 1.6.1.3)
ModularFlightIntegrator (ModularFlightIntegrator 1.2.10.0)
Module Manager (ModuleManager 4.2.2)
MOLE (MOLE v1.27.0)
MOLE Classic Stock Play Mode (MOLE-PlayMode-ClassicStock v1.27.0)
Near Future Aeronautics (NearFutureAeronautics 2.1.1)
Near Future Construction (NearFutureConstruction 1.3.1)
Near Future Electrical (NearFutureElectrical 1.2.3)
Near Future Electrical Core (NearFutureElectrical-Core 1.2.3)
Near Future Exploration (NearFutureExploration 1.1.2)
Near Future IVA Props (NearFutureProps 1:0.7.1)
Near Future Launch Vehicles (NearFutureLaunchVehicles 2.2.0)
Near Future Propulsion (NearFuturePropulsion 1.3.5)
Near Future Solar (NearFutureSolar 1.3.2)
Near Future Solar Core (NearFutureSolar-Core 1.3.2)
Near Future Spacecraft (NearFutureSpacecraft 1.4.3)
Near Future Spacecraft - LFO Engines (NearFutureSpacecraft-OrbitalLFOEngines 1.4.3)
OPT Reconfig (OPTReconfig 3.4.1)
OPT Spaceplane (Legacy) (OPTSpacePlaneParts 1:3.1.2)
OPT Spaceplane Continued (OPTSpacePlaneMain 1:3.1.1)
Outer Planets Mod (OuterPlanetsMod 2:2.2.10)
Parking Brake (ParkingBrake 0.4.4)
Patch Manager (PatchManager 0.0.17.6)
PersistentRotation Upgraded (PersistentRotationUpgraded 1.9.1.7)
Precise Node (PreciseNode 1.2.12)
Procedural Parts (ProceduralParts v2.4.3)
'Project Orion' Nuclear Pulse Engine (USI-NuclearRockets v112.0.1)
PWB Fuel Balancer Restored (PWBFuelBalancerRestored 0.2.1.7)
RasterPropMonitor Core (RasterPropMonitor-Core 1:v0.31.10.2)
Rational Resources (RationalResources 1.42)
Rational Resources Companion (RationalResourcesCompanion 1.42)
Rational Resources Parts (RationalResourcesParts 1.42)
RCS Build Aid (RCSBuildAid v1.0.6)
RealChute Parachute Systems (RealChute v1.4.8.3)
Recycled Parts Atomic Age (RecycledPartsAtomicAge 0.2.3)
Recycled Parts BDM Mk22 Lightning (RecycledPartsBDMk22Lightning 0.2.3)
Recycled Parts LVN Clusters (RecycledPartsLVNClusters 0.2.3)
Recycled Parts Mk2 Essentials (RecycledPartsMk2Essentials 0.2.3)
Recycled Parts Mk2 Lightning (RecycledPartsMk2Lightning 0.2.3)
Recycled Parts Mk2 Solar Batteries (RecycledPartsMk2SolarBatteries 0.2.3)
Recycled Parts Orgami Foldable Assets (RecycledPartsOrgamiFoldableAssets 0.2.3)
RemoteTech Redev Antennas (RemoteTechRedevAntennas 0.1.1)
REPOSoftTech-Agencies (REPOSoftTech-Agencies V1.5.9.0)
ResearchBodies (ResearchBodies 2:V1.13.0)
ReStock (ReStock 1.4.3)
ReStock+ (ReStockPlus 1.4.3)
Retractable Lifting Surface Module (RetractableLiftingSurface 0.2.1.2)
Rover Science Continued (RoverScienceCont 2.3.5.6)
Science Lab Info (and 6 Crew Lab) (ScienceLabInfo 2.0.2)
ScienceAlert ReAlerted (ScienceAlert 1.9.20.2)
Ship Manifest (ShipManifest 6.0.6.0)
SimpleFuelSwitch (SimpleFuelSwitch 1.4.2)
Smart Parts (SmartParts 1.9.17)
SmartStage (SmartStage 1:2.9.14.2)
Snacks (Snacks v1.28.0)
Space Dust (SpaceDust 0.4.4)
Space Dust Unbound (SpaceDustUnbound 1.0.2)
SpaceTux Library (SpaceTuxLibrary 0.0.8.5)
StageRecovery (StageRecovery 1.9.6.1)
Stockalike Mining Extension (StockalikeMiningExtension 1.1.6)
Stockalike Station Parts Expansion Redux (StationPartsExpansionRedux 2.0.10)
SXTContinued (SXTContinued 2:0.3.29.8)
System Heat (SystemHeat 0.6.0)
System Heat - Nuclear Engine Configuration (SystemHeat-FissionEngines 0.6.0)
System Heat - Nuclear Reactor Configuration (SystemHeat-FissionReactors 0.6.0)
System Heat - Resource Converter Configuration (SystemHeat-Converters 0.6.0)
System Heat - Resource Harvester Configuration (SystemHeat-Harvesters 0.6.0)
TAC Fuel Balancer (TacFuelBalancer v2.21.5.3)
Tarsier Space Technology with Galaxies Continued... (TarsierSpaceTechnologyWithGalaxies 1:7.13)
Textures Unlimited (TexturesUnlimited 1.5.10.25)
The Janitor's Closet (JanitorsCloset 0.3.7.8)
Toolbar (Toolbar 1:1.8.0.8)
Toolbar Controller (ToolbarController 1:0.1.9.9)
TooManyOrbits (TooManyOrbits 1.1.6.6)
Tracking Station Evolved (TrackingStationEvolved 7.0)
Trajectories (Trajectories v2.4.3)
TweakScale - Rescale Everything! (TweakScale v2.4.6.21)
TweakScale Redistributable (TweakScale-Redist v2.4.6.21)
Universal Storage II Finalized (UniversalStorage2 4.0.0.8)
USI Core (USI-Core v112.0.1)
USI Kolonization Systems (MKS/OKS) (UKS 1:v112.0.1)
USI Tools (USITools v112.0.1)
Waterfall Core (Waterfall 0.9.0)
WaypointManager (WaypointManager 2.8.3.5)
Who Am I? (WhoAmI 1.4.0)
Wild Blue Tools (WildBlueTools v1.88.1)
WildBlueIndustries Classic Stock Play Mode (WildBlue-PlayMode-ClassicStock v1.88.1)
Zero MiniAVC (ZeroMiniAVC 1:1.1.3.2)

7 minutes ago, RB101 said:

Thanks for the fast reply :) , (I have tried multiple fresh installs of the below mods list with Release 146 - 149, and gotten the same issue)

I can also confirm that backdating to Release-145 fixes this issue,

Here is a my mod list as exported from Ckan (I hope this helps)

Hide contents

[x] Science! Continued (xScienceContinued 6.0.1.3)
Aircraft Carrier Accessories (AircraftCarrierAccessories 1:1.9.1)
AirPark ReContinued (AirParkContinued 2:1.7.1.7)
Airships (Heisenberg v2.19.1)
Alternate Resource Panel (AlternateResourcePanel 1:v2.11.0.0)
Antenna Helper (AntennaHelper 2:1.0.7.7)
ASET Agency (ASETAgency 1.0)
ASET Props (ASETProps 1.5)
B9 Aerospace Procedural Wings - Fork (B9-PWings-Fork 3:0.43.0.11)
B9 Part Switch (B9PartSwitch v2.20.0)
Background Resources (BackgroundResources 1:v0.18.0.0)
BahamutoD Animation Modules (BDAnimationModules 1:v0.6.7.1)
BetterBurnTime (BetterBurnTime 1.10)
BetterCrewAssignment (BetterCrewAssignment 1.4.1)
BetterTimeWarpContinued (BetterTimeWarpCont 2.3.13)
BonVoyage (BonVoyage 1:1.4.1)
Breaking Ground (BreakingGround-DLC 1.7.1)
Bumblebee (Bumblebee 0.6.1)
ClickThrough Blocker (ClickThroughBlocker 1:2.1.10.21)
CommNet Antennas Consumptor (CommNetAntennasConsumptor 3.5.5)
CommNet Antennas Extension (CommNetAntennasExtension 2.1.7)
CommNet Antennas Info (CommNetAntennasInfo 3.1.2)
CommNet Constellation (CommNetConstellation 1.5.7)
Community Category Kit (CommunityCategoryKit v112.0.1)
Community Resource Pack (CommunityResourcePack v112.0.1)
Community Tech Tree (CommunityTechTree 1:3.4.4)
Community Terrain Texture Pack (CommunityTerrainTexturePack 1:1.0.4)
Contract Configurator (ContractConfigurator v2.2.2.0)
Critical Temperature Gauge (CriticalTemperatureGauge 1.12.3.1)
Crowd Sourced Science (CrowdSourcedScience v6.0)
Cryo Tanks (CryoTanks 1.6.5)
Cryo Tanks Core (CryoTanks-Core 1.6.5)
DeepFreeze Continued... (DeepFreeze V0.31.0.0)
Deployable Engines Plugin (DeployableEngines 1.3.1)
DMModuleScienceAnimateGeneric (DMagicScienceAnimate v0.23)
Draggable Navball (DraggableNavball v1.0.1.5)
Dynamic Battery Storage (DynamicBatteryStorage 2:2.2.5.0)
Easy Vessel Switch (EVS) (EasyVesselSwitch 2.3)
Editor Extensions Redux (EditorExtensionsRedux 3.4.3.5)
EvaFollower (EvaFollower 1:1.1.1.14)
Extraplanetary Launchpads (ExtraPlanetaryLaunchpads 6.99.3.0)
Far Future Technologies (FarFutureTechnologies 1.2.0)
Feline Utility Rovers (FelineUtilityRovers 1.3.6)
Final Frontier (FinalFrontier 1.10.0-3485)
Firespitter Core (FirespitterCore v7.17)
Firespitter Resources config (FirespitterResourcesConfig v7.17)
FuseBox Continued (FuseBoxContinued 0.1.17.3)
GravityTurn Continued (GravityTurnContinued 3:1.8.3)
Harmony 2 (Harmony2 2.2.1.0)
Haystack ReContinued (HaystackReContinued 0.5.7.6)
Heat Control (HeatControl 0.6.1)
Heisenberg Classic Stock Play Mode (Heisenberg-PlayMode-ClassicStock v2.19.1)
Hide Empty Tech Tree Nodes (HideEmptyTechNodes 1.3.2)
HL Airships Core (HooliganLabsAirships 7.0.1.0R3)
HyperEdit (HyperEdit 1.5.8.0)
Improved Tree Engine Placement (ImprovedTreeEnginePlacement v1.4.0)
Inline Ballutes (InlineBallutes 1.2.11.4)
Internal RCS (InternalRCS 1.3)
KARE (KARE 1.1.1)
KEI (KEI 1.2.10.5)
Kerbal Actuators (KerbalActuators v1.8.5)
Kerbal Aircraft Expansion (KerbalAircraftExpansion 4:2.8.1.0)
Kerbal Alarm Clock (KerbalAlarmClock v3.14.0.0)
Kerbal Atomics (KerbalAtomics 1:1.3.3)
Kerbal Atomics - Liquid Fuel Only (KerbalAtomics-NTRsUseLF 1.3.3)
Kerbal Attachment System (KAS 1.12)
Kerbal Engineer Redux (KerbalEngineerRedux 1.1.9.0)
Kerbal Foundries2 (KerbalFoundriesContinued 2.4.8.18)
Kerbal Inventory System (KIS 1.29)
Kerbal Inventory System - No Fun (KerbalInventorySystemNoFun 1:0.1.11.0)
Kerbal Joint Reinforcement Continued (KerbalJointReinforcementContinued v3.6.1)
Kerbal Planetary Base Systems (KerbalPlanetaryBaseSystems v1.6.16)
Kerbal Research & Development (KRnD 1.16.0.13)
Kerbal Reusability Expansion (SpaceXLegs 2.9.2)
KerBalloons Continued (KerBalloons 1:0.5.0.13)
Konstruction (Konstruction v112.0.1)
Kopernicus Planetary System Modifier (Kopernicus 2:release-1.12.1-145)
Kramax Autopilot Continued (KramaxAutopilotContinued 0.4.0.1)
KSP Community Fixes (KSPCommunityFixes 1.24.5)
KSP Recall (KSP-Recall v0.3.0.10)
KSP Rescue Contract Fix (KSPRescueContractFix 1.1.0)
KSP Resonant Orbit Calculator (ResonantOrbitCalculator 0.0.7)
KSP Wheel (KSPWheel 1:0.16.14.33)
Lithobrake Exploration Technologies (LET) (formerly LETech) (LithobrakeExplorationTechnologies 0.5.0.0-adoption)
Making History (MakingHistory-DLC 1.12.1)
MechJeb 2 (MechJeb2 2.14.2.0)
MemGraph (MemGraph 1:1.2.0.1)
Mk1-Cabin-Hatch (Mk1CabinHatch 1.0.1)
Mk2 Stockalike Expansion (Mk2Expansion 2:1.9.1.2)
Mk3 Stockalike Expansion (Mk3Expansion 1.6.1.3)
ModularFlightIntegrator (ModularFlightIntegrator 1.2.10.0)
Module Manager (ModuleManager 4.2.2)
MOLE (MOLE v1.27.0)
MOLE Classic Stock Play Mode (MOLE-PlayMode-ClassicStock v1.27.0)
Near Future Aeronautics (NearFutureAeronautics 2.1.1)
Near Future Construction (NearFutureConstruction 1.3.1)
Near Future Electrical (NearFutureElectrical 1.2.3)
Near Future Electrical Core (NearFutureElectrical-Core 1.2.3)
Near Future Exploration (NearFutureExploration 1.1.2)
Near Future IVA Props (NearFutureProps 1:0.7.1)
Near Future Launch Vehicles (NearFutureLaunchVehicles 2.2.0)
Near Future Propulsion (NearFuturePropulsion 1.3.5)
Near Future Solar (NearFutureSolar 1.3.2)
Near Future Solar Core (NearFutureSolar-Core 1.3.2)
Near Future Spacecraft (NearFutureSpacecraft 1.4.3)
Near Future Spacecraft - LFO Engines (NearFutureSpacecraft-OrbitalLFOEngines 1.4.3)
OPT Reconfig (OPTReconfig 3.4.1)
OPT Spaceplane (Legacy) (OPTSpacePlaneParts 1:3.1.2)
OPT Spaceplane Continued (OPTSpacePlaneMain 1:3.1.1)
Outer Planets Mod (OuterPlanetsMod 2:2.2.10)
Parking Brake (ParkingBrake 0.4.4)
Patch Manager (PatchManager 0.0.17.6)
PersistentRotation Upgraded (PersistentRotationUpgraded 1.9.1.7)
Precise Node (PreciseNode 1.2.12)
Procedural Parts (ProceduralParts v2.4.3)
'Project Orion' Nuclear Pulse Engine (USI-NuclearRockets v112.0.1)
PWB Fuel Balancer Restored (PWBFuelBalancerRestored 0.2.1.7)
RasterPropMonitor Core (RasterPropMonitor-Core 1:v0.31.10.2)
Rational Resources (RationalResources 1.42)
Rational Resources Companion (RationalResourcesCompanion 1.42)
Rational Resources Parts (RationalResourcesParts 1.42)
RCS Build Aid (RCSBuildAid v1.0.6)
RealChute Parachute Systems (RealChute v1.4.8.3)
Recycled Parts Atomic Age (RecycledPartsAtomicAge 0.2.3)
Recycled Parts BDM Mk22 Lightning (RecycledPartsBDMk22Lightning 0.2.3)
Recycled Parts LVN Clusters (RecycledPartsLVNClusters 0.2.3)
Recycled Parts Mk2 Essentials (RecycledPartsMk2Essentials 0.2.3)
Recycled Parts Mk2 Lightning (RecycledPartsMk2Lightning 0.2.3)
Recycled Parts Mk2 Solar Batteries (RecycledPartsMk2SolarBatteries 0.2.3)
Recycled Parts Orgami Foldable Assets (RecycledPartsOrgamiFoldableAssets 0.2.3)
RemoteTech Redev Antennas (RemoteTechRedevAntennas 0.1.1)
REPOSoftTech-Agencies (REPOSoftTech-Agencies V1.5.9.0)
ResearchBodies (ResearchBodies 2:V1.13.0)
ReStock (ReStock 1.4.3)
ReStock+ (ReStockPlus 1.4.3)
Retractable Lifting Surface Module (RetractableLiftingSurface 0.2.1.2)
Rover Science Continued (RoverScienceCont 2.3.5.6)
Science Lab Info (and 6 Crew Lab) (ScienceLabInfo 2.0.2)
ScienceAlert ReAlerted (ScienceAlert 1.9.20.2)
Ship Manifest (ShipManifest 6.0.6.0)
SimpleFuelSwitch (SimpleFuelSwitch 1.4.2)
Smart Parts (SmartParts 1.9.17)
SmartStage (SmartStage 1:2.9.14.2)
Snacks (Snacks v1.28.0)
Space Dust (SpaceDust 0.4.4)
Space Dust Unbound (SpaceDustUnbound 1.0.2)
SpaceTux Library (SpaceTuxLibrary 0.0.8.5)
StageRecovery (StageRecovery 1.9.6.1)
Stockalike Mining Extension (StockalikeMiningExtension 1.1.6)
Stockalike Station Parts Expansion Redux (StationPartsExpansionRedux 2.0.10)
SXTContinued (SXTContinued 2:0.3.29.8)
System Heat (SystemHeat 0.6.0)
System Heat - Nuclear Engine Configuration (SystemHeat-FissionEngines 0.6.0)
System Heat - Nuclear Reactor Configuration (SystemHeat-FissionReactors 0.6.0)
System Heat - Resource Converter Configuration (SystemHeat-Converters 0.6.0)
System Heat - Resource Harvester Configuration (SystemHeat-Harvesters 0.6.0)
TAC Fuel Balancer (TacFuelBalancer v2.21.5.3)
Tarsier Space Technology with Galaxies Continued... (TarsierSpaceTechnologyWithGalaxies 1:7.13)
Textures Unlimited (TexturesUnlimited 1.5.10.25)
The Janitor's Closet (JanitorsCloset 0.3.7.8)
Toolbar (Toolbar 1:1.8.0.8)
Toolbar Controller (ToolbarController 1:0.1.9.9)
TooManyOrbits (TooManyOrbits 1.1.6.6)
Tracking Station Evolved (TrackingStationEvolved 7.0)
Trajectories (Trajectories v2.4.3)
TweakScale - Rescale Everything! (TweakScale v2.4.6.21)
TweakScale Redistributable (TweakScale-Redist v2.4.6.21)
Universal Storage II Finalized (UniversalStorage2 4.0.0.8)
USI Core (USI-Core v112.0.1)
USI Kolonization Systems (MKS/OKS) (UKS 1:v112.0.1)
USI Tools (USITools v112.0.1)
Waterfall Core (Waterfall 0.9.0)
WaypointManager (WaypointManager 2.8.3.5)
Who Am I? (WhoAmI 1.4.0)
Wild Blue Tools (WildBlueTools v1.88.1)
WildBlueIndustries Classic Stock Play Mode (WildBlue-PlayMode-ClassicStock v1.88.1)
Zero MiniAVC (ZeroMiniAVC 1:1.1.3.2)

Thanks.  Do you have any idea what that odd model might be from?  I'm drawing a blank but knowing that might be the first clue to solving this.  I'm kind of thinking it's not a stock model.

In the meantime, if we can't identify it, maybe I'll just use a whitelist for things that need the new PQSCIty unpacker (really just stock facilities), since it seems to sometimes break on mod models...  at least that's the theory.

Can I get your KSP.log from your install root after spawning the bad thing to confirm all this?

Edited by R-T-B