[1.12.x] Kopernicus Stable branch (Last Updated February 12th, 2024)

R-T-B

1 minute ago, JadeOfMaar said:

@R-T-B I'm pretty sure that mess is the: LOL

Kerbin_InlandKSC.jpg

It doesn't match it IMO.  What's the weird thing on the top in his photo?  Maybe the commsrelay dish?  But that shouldn't be anywhere near his VAB codewise.

Edited by R-T-B

2 minutes ago, R-T-B said:

Thanks.  Do you have any idea what that odd model might be from?  I'm drawing a blank but knowing that might be the first clue to solving this.  I'm kind of thinking it's not a stock model.

In the meantime, if we can't identify it, maybe I'll just use a whitelist for things that need the new PQSCIty unpacker (really just stock facilities), since it seems to sometimes break on mod models...  at least that's the theory.

Can I get your KSP.log from your install root after spawning the bad thing to confirm all this?

I think it's multiple old buildings from the old KSC models:

- The tracking dish (Link)

- Launch Tower (Link)

There's one more part but I'm not familiar with it :/ 

@RB101

If you don't mind playing beta tester, please try this dev build.  Just replace the folder in your gamedata.  When you are done testing, tell CKAN to reinstall Kopernicus to take back over version management.

If this fixes your bug, I will make it release-150.  If it does not, we will try some additional methods.

Right now as I cannot replicate the bug personally, you are my only lifeline to fixing this lol.

https://glacialsoftware.net/KOP_DEV_BUILDS/Kopernicus-1.12.1-150dev.zip

Edited by R-T-B

Just now, R-T-B said:

@RB101

If you don't mind playing beta tester, please try this dev build.  Just replace the folder in your gamedata.  When you are done testing, tell CKAN to reinstall Kopernicus to take back over version management.

If this fixes your bug, I will make it release-150.

https://glacialsoftware.net/KOP_DEV_BUILDS/Kopernicus-1.12.1-150dev.zip

I'll give it a try now :) 

FYI: I'll be out in 30mins so I won't be able to test again until later 

Just now, RB101 said:

I'll give it a try now :) 

FYI: I'll be out in 30mins so I won't be able to test again until later 

that is fine.  This is primarily for only you...  at least so far... lol.  But always good to smash a bug.

Just now, RB101 said:

It hasn't fixed the issue :( 

I'll be posting an official release in a bit with some other fixes.  Test it when you get back.  If that doesn't fix it then we'll do some personal testing again at a later time.

Edited by R-T-B

New in this latest version release-150:

1.) Multipart PQSCity loader bugfixes for edge cases.

Known Bugs:

1.) Not exactly a bug, but worth mentioning: The Kopernicus_Config.cfg file is rewritten when the game exits. This means any manual (not in the GUI) edits made while playing the game will not be preserved. Edit the file only with the game exited, please.

2.) At interstellar ranges, heat can sometimes behave strangely, sometimes related to map zoom (be careful zooming out). It is best to turn off part heating when traveling far far away.

3.) When zooming out all the way out in map view at interstellar ranges, the navball furthermore sometimes behaves oddly. We are working on this and monitoring all the interstellar bugs actively.

4.) Very Old craft files may complain about a missing module. This is a cosmetic error and can be ignored. Reload and re-save the craft to remove the error.

Known Caveats:

1.) The 1.12.x release series works on 1.12.x. The 1.11.x,1.10.x,1.9.x and 1.8.x releases are deprecated

2.) Multistar Solar panel support requires an additional config file, attached to release.

3.) As of release-107, scatter density underwent a bugfix on all bodies globally that results in densities acting more dense than before on some select configs. Some mods may need to adjust. Normally we'd not change things like this, but this is technically the correct stock behavior of the node so... if you need the old behavior, see config option UseIncorrectScatterDensityLogic.

4.) As of Release-119, LandControl createColors is no longer obeyed, it is forced on to avoid another bug. Very few mods to my knowledge use this parameter, but a few do (JNSQ for example). We work around this in game now, but if you need createColor colors, turn option "EnableColorFix" to false.

5.) The "collider fix" as it's called, which fixes the event in which you sink into the terrain on distant bodies, is now on by default. If you really need distant colliders, turn this off, but you'd best have a good reason (I can't think of any).

6.) The particle system was hopelessly broken and has been since sometime past 1.10.x. Few mods used it, so it has been removed completely as of Release-146.

7.) Because we now unpack multipart PQSCity's correctly, you may find some PQSCity structures are in the earth or floating. Report such bugs to your planet pack author as this is an intended change (only cosmetic).

@RB101pretty certain this will fix your issue now. :)

Edited by R-T-B

4 hours ago, RB101 said:

Can confirm issue is fixed! :D 

I can't quite understand the change log... :/ 

What ended up being the cause?

Truth be told, the changelog is vague because I'm not really sure myself.  I just added a ton of checks like "if you are in the VAB you probably really shouldn't be spawning buildings intended for cities there."   Also recheck the building coordinates more often.

Clunky but it works.

Edited by R-T-B

Just now, R-T-B said:

Truth be told, the changelog is vague because I'm not really sure myself.  I just added a ton of checks like "if you are in the VAB you probably really shouldn't be spawning buildings intended for cities there."   Also recheck the building coordinates more often.

Clunky but it works.

Thanks for the clarification :) 

Coding hurts my brain :D , glad I could be of some use though!

New in this latest version release-151:

1.) A bugfix for how MapSO wraps terrain to a body, resulting in the polar regions behaving more normally. Do note that this does not apply to Moho, unless new boolean option "UseStockMohoTemplate" is disabled. This is because it would remove the Mohole.

2.) The above may slightly alter polar terrain. Though it will be safer overall for new missions, be careful loading existing craft there. I'm bolding this for a reason. This is probably not lethal but I don't want you to be unaware. Maybe make a save just in case? ;)

3.) We now ship a MM patch to disable the KSPCF patch that did the same thing, as we were in agreement that this should be handled by Kopernicus.

4.) Implement UI Scaling support to the Kopernicus UI.

Known Bugs:

1.) Not exactly a bug, but worth mentioning: The Kopernicus_Config.cfg file is rewritten when the game exits. This means any manual (not in the GUI) edits made while playing the game will not be preserved. Edit the file only with the game exited, please.

2.) At interstellar ranges, heat can sometimes behave strangely, sometimes related to map zoom (be careful zooming out). It is best to turn off part heating when traveling far far away.

3.) When zooming out all the way out in map view at interstellar ranges, the navball furthermore sometimes behaves oddly. We are working on this and monitoring all the interstellar bugs actively.

4.) Very Old craft files may complain about a missing module. This is a cosmetic error and can be ignored. Reload and re-save the craft to remove the error.

Known Caveats:

1.) The 1.12.x release series works on 1.12.x. The 1.11.x,1.10.x,1.9.x and 1.8.x releases are deprecated

2.) Multistar Solar panel support requires an additional config file, attached to release.

3.) As of release-107, scatter density underwent a bugfix on all bodies globally that results in densities acting more dense than before on some select configs. Some mods may need to adjust. Normally we'd not change things like this, but this is technically the correct stock behavior of the node so... if you need the old behavior, see config option UseIncorrectScatterDensityLogic.

4.) As of Release-119, LandControl createColors is no longer obeyed, it is forced on to avoid another bug. Very few mods to my knowledge use this parameter, but a few do (JNSQ for example). We work around this in game now, but if you need createColor colors, turn option "EnableColorFix" to false.

5.) As of release-151, polar generation behavior has changed slightly. Though it will be safer overall for new missions, be careful loading existing craft there. This is probably not lethal but I don't want you to be unaware. Maybe make a save just in case? ;)

6.) The "collider fix" as it's called, which fixes the event in which you sink into the terrain on distant bodies, is now on by default. If you really need distant colliders, turn this off, but you'd best have a good reason (I can't think of any).

7.) The particle system was hopelessly broken and has been since sometime past 1.10.x. Few mods used it, so it has been removed completely as of Release-146.

8.) Because we now unpack multipart PQSCity's correctly, you may find some PQSCity structures are in the earth or floating. Report such bugs to your planet pack author as this is an intended change (only cosmetic).

New in this latest version release-152:

1.) Performance improvements to the MapSO polar fixes courtesy @Gotmachines advice.

Known Bugs:

Known Caveats:

5.) As of release-151, polar generation behavior has changed slightly. Though it will be safer overall for new missions, be careful loading existing craft there. This is probably not lethal but I don't want you to be unaware. Maybe make a save just in case? ;)

6.) The "collider fix" as it's called, which fixes the event in which you sink into the terrain on distant bodies, is now on by default. If you really need distant colliders, turn this off, but you'd best have a good reason (I can't think of any).

7.) The particle system was hopelessly broken and has been since sometime past 1.10.x. Few mods used it, so it has been removed completely as of Release-146.

8.) Because we now unpack multipart PQSCity's correctly, you may find some PQSCity structures are in the earth or floating. Report such bugs to your planet pack author as this is an intended change (only cosmetic).

5 hours ago, modus said:

Aah if everyone had your honesty the world would be a much simpler (and better) place:D

Thanks.  As I'm sure everyone knows by now, I'm pretty dead honest about why I picked up Kopernicus.

I'm a gamer first and a coder second.  I needed it up to date.  I'm actually not even an excellent coder (I'm really shaky on what performs good/bad in C# sometimes, don't tell my work).  @Gotmachine runs circles around me, for example.  But someone had to do it. lol.  Thank goodness for community to watch out for each other. ;)

Edited by R-T-B

Using this with Parallax, is there any benefit to allowing Kopernicus to control asteroids? I know it doesn't generate comets, and I'm playing a stock game other than the visuals. So what's the real diff (other than comets) between allowing Kopernicus to handle asteroids vs. stock?

2 hours ago, Eleven said:

Using this with Parallax, is there any benefit to allowing Kopernicus to control asteroids? I know it doesn't generate comets, and I'm playing a stock game other than the visuals. So what's the real diff (other than comets) between allowing Kopernicus to handle asteroids vs. stock?

For stock gameplay, nothing.  It will only lack comets as our generator does not support them.  I'd advise setting it to the "stock" setting and letting the game handle it.

Edited by R-T-B

New in this latest version release-153:

1.) Fixed a small incompatibility with PQSCity repositioning in SigmaDimensions.

Known Bugs:

Known Caveats:

On 2/14/2023 at 4:47 AM, Eleven said:

I can't seem to get my Mun scene back in Stock. 

Kopernicus_Config.cfg is in /Gamedata/Kopernicus/Config/

DisableMainMenuMunScene = False but it's not showing the Mun. 

It never does it on load, usually you see it when exiting the game from a save or similar and going back through the main menu (I'm not really sure why, this is just how stock functions).

Other than that, works for me?  If it doesn't for you, post a KSP.log file please.

9 hours ago, R-T-B said:

It never does it on load, usually you see it when exiting the game from a save or similar and going back through the main menu (I'm not really sure why, this is just how stock functions).

Other than that, works for me?  If it doesn't for you, post a KSP.log file please.

No worries, thanks for the explanation!