[1.12.x] Kopernicus Stable branch (Last Updated February 12th, 2024)

R-T-B

On 11/27/2022 at 1:04 AM, funnelton said:

howdy, where can i get the 1.12.4 ''bleeding edge'' release?

I just patched release-139 to work with 1.12.4 with no warning.  No other changes & no new release for this, just download the old one which has now been patched.  A new release with much more features will be coming soon.

https://github.com/Kopernicus/Kopernicus/releases/tag/release-139

• 2 weeks later...

New in this latest version release-140:

1.) Fixed several bugs in the ringshader on non-windows platforms, as well as added some additional features (dual texture support, wiki will be updated soon, thanks WarriorSabe). This is considered experimental code on Linux and Mac, but still should be better than what you had. Please report any bugs, all the same.

2.) Fixed a Kopernicus SolarPanel localization "Direct Sunlight" error (sometimes would be stuck on english).

3.) This release deprecates 1.8.x support. Past releases will still work, but the extra ringshader features there were too maintainence intensive to port and you won't get future releases going forward. Given the limited user base of 1.8.x, and our limited manpower, we had to drop support for it to keep the project going.

Known Bugs:

1.) Not exactly a bug, but worth mentioning: The Kopernicus_Config.cfg file is rewritten when the game exits. This means any manual (not in the GUI) edits made while playing the game will not be preserved. Edit the file only with the game exited, please.

2.) At interstellar ranges, heat can sometimes behave strangely, sometimes related to map zoom (be careful zooming out). It is best to turn off part heating when traveling far far away.

3.) When zooming out all the way out in map view at interstellar ranges, the navball furthermore sometimes behaves oddly. We are working on this and monitoring all the interstellar bugs actively.

4.) Very Old craft files may complain about a missing module. This is a cosmetic error and can be ignored. Reload and re-save the craft to remove the error.

Known Caveats:

1.) The 1.12.x release series works on 1.12.x,1.11.x,1.10.x, and 1.9.x. The 1.8 release is deprecated.

2.) Multistar Solar panel support requires an additional config file, attached to release.

3.) As of release-107, scatter density underwent a bugfix on all bodies globally that results in densities acting more dense than before on some select configs. Some mods may need to adjust. Normally we'd not change things like this, but this is technically the correct stock behavior of the node so... if you need the old behavior, see config option UseIncorrectScatterDensityLogic.

4.) As of Release-119, LandControl createColors is no longer obeyed, it is forced on to avoid another bug. Very few mods to my knowledge use this parameter, but a few do (JNSQ for example). You can work around this if affected by setting your LandControl color to be all zeroes. See attatched cfg for a mod that does this.

5.) The "collider fix" as it's called, which fixes the event in which you sink into the terrain on distant bodies, is off by default. If you have a system larger than stock, please see Kopernicus_Config.cfg option DisableFarAwayColliders, read about the fix/workaround, and set it as you feel appropriate.

Edited by R-T-B

Kopernicus release-141

@R-T-B R-T-B released this 2 minutes ago

New in this latest version release-141:

1.) Deactivated some buggy thermal flux code that should not have shipped yet (it won't hurt your kerbals, but should not be shipping yet).  Basically a hotfix.

Known Bugs:

1.) Not exactly a bug, but worth mentioning: The Kopernicus_Config.cfg file is rewritten when the game exits. This means any manual (not in the GUI) edits made while playing the game will not be preserved. Edit the file only with the game exited, please.

2.) At interstellar ranges, heat can sometimes behave strangely, sometimes related to map zoom (be careful zooming out). It is best to turn off part heating when traveling far far away.

3.) When zooming out all the way out in map view at interstellar ranges, the navball furthermore sometimes behaves oddly. We are working on this and monitoring all the interstellar bugs actively.

4.) Very Old craft files may complain about a missing module. This is a cosmetic error and can be ignored. Reload and re-save the craft to remove the error.

5.) Ring shaders are broken on 1.11.x and lower.  Please use 1.12.x if possible and consider older builds basically as is.  You might get the ring shaders working by using older builds shader bundles, but I am really just focusing on 1.12.x now.

Known Caveats:

1.) The 1.12.x release series works on 1.12.x,1.11.x,1.10.x, and 1.9.x. The 1.8 release is deprecated

2.) Multistar Solar panel support requires an additional config file, attached to release.

3.) As of release-107, scatter density underwent a bugfix on all bodies globally that results in densities acting more dense than before on some select configs. Some mods may need to adjust. Normally we'd not change things like this, but this is technically the correct stock behavior of the node so... if you need the old behavior, see config option UseIncorrectScatterDensityLogic.

4.) As of Release-119, LandControl createColors is no longer obeyed, it is forced on to avoid another bug. Very few mods to my knowledge use this parameter, but a few do (JNSQ for example). You can work around this if affected by setting your LandControl color to be all zeroes. See attatched cfg for a mod that does this.

5.) The "collider fix" as it's called, which fixes the event in which you sink into the terrain on distant bodies, is off by default. If you have a system larger than stock, please see Kopernicus_Config.cfg option DisableFarAwayColliders, read about the fix/workaround, and set it as you feel appropriate.

Edited by R-T-B

Added a new bug (bold above) to the update.  Basically, please use 1.12.x, as I can't be bothered to fix older issues now that KSP isn't a moving target anymore.

I will update CKAN metadata for this in next release (even though it technically does load).

Edited by R-T-B

Kopernicus release-142

@R-T-B R-T-B released this now

New in this latest version release-142:

1.) Removed a warning that was incorrectly displaying on build 1.12.4 about the build being beta.

Known Bugs:

Known Caveats:

1.) The 1.12.x release series works on 1.12.x. The 1.11.x,1.10.x,1.9.x and 1.8.x releases are deprecated

Edited by R-T-B

On 12/29/2022 at 1:28 PM, R-T-B said:

Kopernicus release-142

@R-T-B R-T-B released this now

New in this latest version release-142:

1.) Removed a warning that was incorrectly displaying on build 1.12.4 about the build being beta.

Known Bugs:

Known Caveats:

1.) The 1.12.x release series works on 1.12.x. The 1.11.x,1.10.x,1.9.x and 1.8.x releases are deprecated

Hello @R-T-B,

[1] I noticed something strange on this new version(Kopernicus release-142), because now every time, that we land in any ice sheet on Laythe we are now always on ocean at not any more on top of ice as we can see here on this picture:

d12kZOu.jpg

NOTE: This happens now in all ice sheet on Laythe not only on this one.

The ship it self don't have any problem because it also have a oceanic drill and can refuel on the ocean but... that was not your intention I think, right?

LOG: https://www.dropbox.com/s/dqfitv1f1a7ktra/KSP_Kopernicus_release-142.log?dl=0

Here one picture taken at 26 December:

48aPY8r.jpg

Please let me know if you need more details or info, thanks!

[2] ... After wrote that I was still investigating and maybe the fault is a missing property at Parallax:

aD8dVrw.png

I am still checking it...

[3] Yes I confirm, that was the case, that small change, fix the issue on file: Kerbal Space Program\GameData\Parallax\Config\ParallaxGlobal.cfg

So nothing related with Kopernicus! ;) Thanks anyway!

Edited by pmborg

Hello, I encountered some problems when starting KSP. He asked me to export the kopernicus log. Can you help me solve this problem?thank you!

Kopernicus.log

//================================================================================================================================//
//=====  Kopernicus Stable BranchRelease-141 - (BuildDate: 29.12.2022 13:20:38; AssemblyHash: 8I0cGpTI2NTFKT55Y2w1CWzro1g=)  =====//
//================================================================================================================================//
[LOG 00:33:01]: Logger "Kopernicus" was created
[LOG 00:33:01]: Injector.Awake(): Begin
[LOG 00:33:01]: Parsing Target name in (Kopernicus.Configuration.Loader) as (System.String)
[LOG 00:33:01]: Parsing Target timeScale in (Kopernicus.Configuration.Loader) as (Kopernicus.ConfigParser.BuiltinTypeParsers.NumericParser`1[System.Double])
[LOG 00:33:01]: Parsing Target scale in (Kopernicus.Configuration.Loader) as (Kopernicus.ConfigParser.BuiltinTypeParsers.NumericParser`1[System.Double])
[LOG 00:33:01]: Parsing Target Epoch in (Kopernicus.Configuration.Loader) as (Kopernicus.ConfigParser.BuiltinTypeParsers.NumericParser`1[System.Double])
[LOG 00:33:01]: Parsing Target useOnDemand in (Kopernicus.Configuration.Loader) as (Kopernicus.ConfigParser.BuiltinTypeParsers.NumericParser`1[System.Boolean])
[LOG 00:33:01]: Parsing Target useOnDemandBiomes in (Kopernicus.Configuration.Loader) as (Kopernicus.ConfigParser.BuiltinTypeParsers.NumericParser`1[System.Boolean])
[LOG 00:33:01]: Parsing Target onDemandLoadOnMissing in (Kopernicus.Configuration.Loader) as (Kopernicus.ConfigParser.BuiltinTypeParsers.NumericParser`1[System.Boolean])
[LOG 00:33:01]: Parsing Target onDemandLogOnMissing in (Kopernicus.Configuration.Loader) as (Kopernicus.ConfigParser.BuiltinTypeParsers.NumericParser`1[System.Boolean])
[LOG 00:33:01]: Parsing Target onDemandUnloadDelay in (Kopernicus.Configuration.Loader) as (Kopernicus.ConfigParser.BuiltinTypeParsers.NumericParser`1[System.Int32])
[LOG 00:33:01]: Parsing Target useManualMemoryManagement in (Kopernicus.Configuration.Loader) as (Kopernicus.ConfigParser.BuiltinTypeParsers.NumericParser`1[System.Boolean])
[LOG 00:33:01]: Parsing Target mainMenuBody in (Kopernicus.Configuration.Loader) as (System.String)
[LOG 00:33:01]: Parsing Target maxViewingDistance in (Kopernicus.Configuration.Loader) as (Kopernicus.ConfigParser.BuiltinTypeParsers.NumericParser`1[System.Double])
[LOG 00:33:01]: Parsing Target scaledSpaceFaderMult in (Kopernicus.Configuration.Loader) as (Kopernicus.ConfigParser.BuiltinTypeParsers.NumericParser`1[System.Double])
[LOG 00:33:01]: Parsing Target force3DOrbits in (Kopernicus.Configuration.Loader) as (Kopernicus.ConfigParser.BuiltinTypeParsers.NumericParser`1[System.Boolean])
[LOG 00:33:01]: Parsing Target self in (Kopernicus.Configuration.Loader) as (System.Collections.Generic.List`1[Kopernicus.ConfigParser.BuiltinTypeParsers.StringCollectionParser])
[LOG 00:33:02]: [Kopernicus]: Configuration.Loader: Loaded Body: Sun
[LOG 00:33:02]: [Kopernicus]: Configuration.Loader: Failed to load Body: Ceres: Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: type
[LOG 00:33:19]: [Kopernicus] RuntimeUtility Started
[LOG 00:33:19]: StarLightSwitcher.Awake(): Begin
[LOG 00:39:00]: Injector.OnDestroy(): Complete

4 hours ago, SpudNutimus said:

Heads up, Kopernicus is showing the "in beta" message on 1.12.5. It works fine but that's cropped up again.

Yep, release incoming to address that and some small other things:

https://github.com/Kopernicus/Kopernicus/releases/tag/release-143

New in this latest version release-143:

1.) Removed a warning that was incorrectly displaying on build 1.12.5 about the build being beta (seems fine).

2.) a minor fix for exported height maps from Kittopia.

3.) allowedBiomes may now contain spaces.

Known Bugs:

Known Caveats:

Edited by R-T-B

On 1/3/2023 at 10:23 AM, Kwebib said:

What's the reason for the special Kopernicus comet/asteroid system?

Also, some people turn it off by setting the config to use the stock system. What are the tradeoffs for doing this?

To answer this, the stock generator does not work well with complete system replacements.  It only works properly with systems that have Dres and Kerbin both present, so basically stock-alike systems.

At one point I was going to properly support comets.  It will still happen someday, but like most of us, I'm going to be looking at what needs KSP2 has first, most likely.

Edited by R-T-B

I’m having an issue with my KSP game, at first I thought it was an issue with the tweak scale, but the mod author suggested that I remove kopernocous, and the problem went away; the issues that I’m having with my KSP game when both tweak scale and kopernocus are installed are that I can’t attach parts to other parts as in they don’t snap together and that I can’t rotate my camera inside the VAB or the spaceplane hanger, I also can’t exit out of the VAB or spaceplane hanger when I click thew exit button in the top right corner. Could anyone please help me with this my log is down below.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/clwgstgv3g6wks4/KSP.log?dl=0

3 hours ago, Rocket Science42 said:

I’m having an issue with my KSP game, at first I thought it was an issue with the tweak scale, but the mod author suggested that I remove kopernocous, and the problem went away; the issues that I’m having with my KSP game when both tweak scale and kopernocus are installed are that I can’t attach parts to other parts as in they don’t snap together and that I can’t rotate my camera inside the VAB or the spaceplane hanger, I also can’t exit out of the VAB or spaceplane hanger when I click thew exit button in the top right corner. Could anyone please help me with this my log is down below.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/clwgstgv3g6wks4/KSP.log?dl=0

The error is coming from KopernicusExpansion, not Kopernicus.  I don't dev that mod, though the names are quite similar.  If you remove KopernicusExpansion I expect you can still use Kopernicus.

Try reaching out to the dev of the mod there.

• 2 weeks later...
Heads up everyone!  This is probably the last bugfix before KSP2, should cover most things...

New in this latest version release-144:

1.) Kopernicus Asteroid Generator performance improvements via github user TuckMeIntoBread, should reduce in game stutter on asteroid spawning.

2.) The old "ColorFix.cfg" file is now baked into Kopernicus, and can be turned off with an ingame/config file option called "EnableColorFix." Setting it to false disables it, but it defaults to true for obvious reasons (few packs need it off, many need it on).

3.) Changed default for "DisableFarAwayColliders" is now true instead of false. The feature has yet to cause a major issue, and several larger planet packs rely on it, so...

4.) Fixed some insignificant but still relevant memory leaks, and changed Kopernicus_Config.cfg loader to load earlier to prevent race conditions with some configurations.

Known Bugs:

Known Caveats:

4.) As of Release-119, LandControl createColors is no longer obeyed, it is forced on to avoid another bug. Very few mods to my knowledge use this parameter, but a few do (JNSQ for example). We work around this in game now for most all mods, but if you find you need createColor colors, turn option "EnableColorFix" to false.

5.) The "collider fix" as it's called, which fixes the event in which you sink into the terrain on distant bodies, is now on by default. If you really need distant colliders, turn this off, but you'd best have a good reason (I can't think of any).

and just like that, a hotfix.  Hopefully the last one!

Kopernicus release-145

New in this latest version release-145:

1.) Hotfix for broken heightmap exporting, introduced in release-143 accidentally.

Known Bugs:

1.) The particle system is hopelessly broken and will likely remain that way. It will probably be removed entirely in the future. This happened around release 1.10 when squad removed more stock methods, but no one really noticed.

2.) Not exactly a bug, but worth mentioning: The Kopernicus_Config.cfg file is rewritten when the game exits. This means any manual (not in the GUI) edits made while playing the game will not be preserved. Edit the file only with the game exited, please.

3.) At interstellar ranges, heat can sometimes behave strangely, sometimes related to map zoom (be careful zooming out). It is best to turn off part heating when traveling far far away.

4.) When zooming out all the way out in map view at interstellar ranges, the navball furthermore sometimes behaves oddly. We are working on this and monitoring all the interstellar bugs actively.

5.) Very Old craft files may complain about a missing module. This is a cosmetic error and can be ignored. Reload and re-save the craft to remove the error.

Known Caveats:

4.) As of Release-119, LandControl createColors is no longer obeyed, it is forced on to avoid another bug. Very few mods to my knowledge use this parameter, but a few do (JNSQ for example). We work around this in game now, but if you need createColor colors, turn option "EnableColorFix" to false.

5.) The "collider fix" as it's called, which fixes the event in which you sink into the terrain on distant bodies, is now on by default. If you really need distant colliders, turn this off, but you'd best have a good reason (I can't think of any).

Edited by R-T-B

26 minutes ago, Brigadier said:

Ha, ha...I immediately thought that was going to happen :cool:.   Thanks for the amazing, not-quite-finished-yet work.

heh, we tested it pretty good actually, just forgot to try Kittopia... lol.

That should be it.  The only real bug remaining is particles have been broken since 1.10 or so when squad pulled a bunch of stock methods for them, probably something to do with comets I'd guess?  Sadly that will probably never get fixed due to missing code.  I added an errata/bug note for it to the release.

Edited by R-T-B

1 hour ago, Kwebib said:

Software development ignorance here but why would Squad remove available methods?

mostly because they don't use them anymore and they thought no one did, I'd guess (honestly almost no mods do use them).  Seems odd to me too,  but it was done.  In particular, the "renderer" for particles got removed, which makes it pretty hard to actually well, render them.

At the moment even if you can get them to load they are literally invisible past 1.10.

Edited by R-T-B