[1.12.x] Kopernicus Stable branch (Last Updated February 12th, 2024)

R-T-B

5 hours ago, Mike J said:

When I tried to load ksp with rss I got this issue with Kopernicus. I'm not sure why I have gotten this issue as I installed both Kopernicus and RSS correctly. 

Image of the warning: https://imgur.com/a/l5mKBMw

My ksp.log: https://www.dropbox.com/s/n9c0jv980myffen/KSP.log?dl=0

Looks unrelated to either of those mods.  It looks more like an improper install of ConformalDecals is being caught by Kopernicus and it's warning you about it.

You appear to be missing a "0Harmony.dll" file from that mod.

EDIT:  It looks like it may also be having trouble finding the Kopernicus Shader bundle for mac.  I am unsure why.  Relevant section:

[LOG 11:17:49.186] [Kopernicus] ShaderLoader: Loading asset bundle at path /Users/angelrios/Library/Application Support/Steam/steamapps/common/Kerbal Space Program/KSP.app/Contents/../../GameData/Kopernicus/Shaders/kopernicusshaders-macosx.unity3d
[LOG 11:17:49.503] [Kopernicus] ShaderLoader: adding Kopernicus/Rings
[EXC 11:17:51.124] Exception: Failed to load Body: Sun
	Kopernicus.Configuration.Loader.Kopernicus.ConfigParser.Interfaces.IParserEventSubscriber.PostApply (ConfigNode node) (at <c170ccdc238340ae9481bc1ac2d372c4>:0)
	Kopernicus.ConfigParser.Parser.LoadObjectFromConfigurationNode (System.Object o, ConfigNode node, System.String configName, System.Boolean getChildren) (at <395892e8bc6a43f7a7ef20a5d37d4d79>:0)
	Kopernicus.ConfigParser.Parser.CreateObjectFromConfigNode[T] (ConfigNode node, System.String configName, System.Boolean getChildren) (at <395892e8bc6a43f7a7ef20a5d37d4d79>:0)
	Kopernicus.Injector.Awake () (at <c170ccdc238340ae9481bc1ac2d372c4>:0)
	UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
	ModuleManager.UnityLogHandle.InterceptLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
	UnityEngine.Debug:LogException(Exception)
	Kopernicus.Injector:Awake()
	UnityEngine.GameObject:AddComponent(Type)
	AddonLoader:StartAddon(LoadedAssembly, Type, KSPAddon, Startup)
	AddonLoader:StartAddons(Startup)
	AddonLoader:OnLevelLoaded(GameScenes)
	AddonLoader:OnSceneLoaded(Scene, LoadSceneMode)
	UnityEngine.SceneManagement.SceneManager:Internal_SceneLoaded(Scene, LoadSceneMode)
[WRN 11:17:51.459] DontDestroyOnLoad only works for root GameObjects or components on root GameObjects.
[LOG 11:17:51.486] [AddonLoader]: Instantiating addon 'AtmosphereFixer' from assembly 'Kopernicus'

Do any other mac users have this working?

Edited by R-T-B

New in this latest version (release-43):

1.) Removed the workaround code for distant world landing gear sinking. This is a bug caused by Making History's mission creator, disabling it (see below) will fix the bug.

2.) Moved the scatter culler code to FixedUpdate for more consistent performance across varrying FPS-situations.

Known Bugs:

1.) Old craft files may complain about a missing module. This is a cosmetic error and can be ignored. Reload and re-save the craft to remove the error.

2.) At interstellar ranges, heat can sometimes behave strangely, sometimes related to map zoom (be careful zooming out). It is best to turn off part heating when traveling far far away.

3.) When zooming out all the way out in map view at interstellar ranges, the navbal furthermore sometimes behaves oddly. We are working on this and all the interstellar bugs actively.

Known Caveats:

1.) The mission creator module in Making History somehow, amazingly, is bugged in such a way as to make landing at bodies more distant than say, Stock Eeloo, impossible, due to sinking landing gear and lethal-to-kerbalkind terrain. The general work around for this is to a.) stay within the standard solar system distance, or b.) install MakingLessHistory, linked below:

https://github.com/DMagic1/KSP_MakingLessHistory/releases

2.) Mutlistar Solar panel support requires an additonal config file, attatched to release.

Edited by R-T-B

7 hours ago, R-T-B said:

Looks unrelated to either of those mods.  It looks more like an improper install of ConformalDecals is being caught by Kopernicus and it's warning you about it.

You appear to be missing a "0Harmony.dll" file from that mod.

EDIT:  It looks like it may also be having trouble finding the Kopernicus Shader bundle for mac.  I am unsure why.  Relevant section:

[LOG 11:17:49.186] [Kopernicus] ShaderLoader: Loading asset bundle at path /Users/angelrios/Library/Application Support/Steam/steamapps/common/Kerbal Space Program/KSP.app/Contents/../../GameData/Kopernicus/Shaders/kopernicusshaders-macosx.unity3d
[LOG 11:17:49.503] [Kopernicus] ShaderLoader: adding Kopernicus/Rings
[EXC 11:17:51.124] Exception: Failed to load Body: Sun
	Kopernicus.Configuration.Loader.Kopernicus.ConfigParser.Interfaces.IParserEventSubscriber.PostApply (ConfigNode node) (at <c170ccdc238340ae9481bc1ac2d372c4>:0)
	Kopernicus.ConfigParser.Parser.LoadObjectFromConfigurationNode (System.Object o, ConfigNode node, System.String configName, System.Boolean getChildren) (at <395892e8bc6a43f7a7ef20a5d37d4d79>:0)
	Kopernicus.ConfigParser.Parser.CreateObjectFromConfigNode[T] (ConfigNode node, System.String configName, System.Boolean getChildren) (at <395892e8bc6a43f7a7ef20a5d37d4d79>:0)
	Kopernicus.Injector.Awake () (at <c170ccdc238340ae9481bc1ac2d372c4>:0)
	UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
	ModuleManager.UnityLogHandle.InterceptLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
	UnityEngine.Debug:LogException(Exception)
	Kopernicus.Injector:Awake()
	UnityEngine.GameObject:AddComponent(Type)
	AddonLoader:StartAddon(LoadedAssembly, Type, KSPAddon, Startup)
	AddonLoader:StartAddons(Startup)
	AddonLoader:OnLevelLoaded(GameScenes)
	AddonLoader:OnSceneLoaded(Scene, LoadSceneMode)
	UnityEngine.SceneManagement.SceneManager:Internal_SceneLoaded(Scene, LoadSceneMode)
[WRN 11:17:51.459] DontDestroyOnLoad only works for root GameObjects or components on root GameObjects.
[LOG 11:17:51.486] [AddonLoader]: Instantiating addon 'AtmosphereFixer' from assembly 'Kopernicus'

Do any other mac users have this working?

The missing shader bundle might be the reason why I also get this warning in the stock system without any planet packs. Thanks for the response!

On 6/12/2021 at 6:05 PM, R-T-B said:

I would suggest a reinstall as something in your game must be corrupted.

Ah-okay, I reinstalled both of the files, and now I have the right loading screen, but the sun still doesn't show up. I'll try using a different version for KSRSS. Thanks for the help!

4 hours ago, GuessingEveryDay said:

Oh. Turns out it was the same problem as @MikeJ was having. 0Harmony was missing, and Kopernicus didn't like that.

Oh, that could be it too, lol.  Logs are hard to read some days.

@R-T-B R-T-B released this

New in this latest version (release-44):

1.) Preliminary support for the autoadapting code to handle 1.12.0. May/may not work come launch, let's find out!

Known Bugs:

1.) Old craft files may complain about a missing module. This is a cosmetic error and can be ignored. Reload and re-save the craft to remove the error.

2.) At interstellar ranges, heat can sometimes behave strangely, sometimes related to map zoom (be careful zooming out). It is best to turn off part heating when traveling far far away.

3.) When zooming out all the way out in map view at interstellar ranges, the navbal furthermore sometimes behaves oddly. We are working on this and all the interstellar bugs actively.

Known Caveats:

1.) The mission creator module in Making History somehow, amazingly, is bugged in such a way as to make landing at bodies more distant than say, Stock Eeloo, impossible, due to sinking landing gear and lethal-to-kerbalkind terrain. The general work around for this is to a.) stay within the standard solar system distance, or b.) install another mod: either Parallax which does it's own colliders, or alternatively, "MakingLessHistory", linked below:

2.) Multistar Solar panel support requires an additonal config file, attatched to release.

PS:  This latest release features a warning if running on 1.12.0 when loading.  That is intentional until we know how buggy it is.

Edited by R-T-B

EDIT:  I am aware that Kopernicus needs a bugfix to load properly for 1.12.0 (my guesswork update was not good enough).  On it, stand by.

EDIT EDIT:  False alarm.  It loads fine, bugs presently unknown.

Edited by R-T-B

New in this latest version (release-45):

1.) Improve beta-release version support warning.  We don't know 1.12.0's full stability yet, but welcome reports.

Known Bugs:

Known Caveats:

1.) The mission creator module in Making History somehow, amazingly, is bugged in such a way as to make landing at bodies more distant than say, Stock Eeloo, impossible, due to sinking landing gear and lethal-to-kerbalkind terrain. The general work around for this is to a.) stay within the standard solar system distance, or b.) install another mod: either Parallax which does it's own colliders, or alternatively, "MakingLessHistory", linked below:

2.) Mutlistar Solar panel support requires an additonal config file, attatched to release.

5 minutes ago, R-T-B said:

Mutlistar Solar panel support requires an additonal config file, attatched to release.

So quick i  release'  thank you!

What's the reason for not integrating this patch though?  No hassel,  just wondering.

Peace.

7 minutes ago, theJesuit said:

So quick i  release'  thank you!

What's the reason for not integrating this patch though?  No hassel,  just wondering.

Peace.

The multistar support has a performance penalty.  It's not much, but it is enough to make it good to be optional.

One little micropatch just dropped.  For the 1.12.0 "be careful" warning etc... (it was not spawning the dialog)

@R-T-B R-T-B released this now

New in this latest version (release-46):

1.) Made the beta-warning actually work (fixed a version-detect typo).

Known Bugs:

Known Caveats:

Edited by R-T-B

First screen shot :)

fvs1sU3.png

Appears ok,

Once I am limiting to 144 FPS...(VSYNC with Max monitor refresh rate) is at 144 FPS so I also don't detect slowness... ;)

bAGx69r.png

Edited by pmborg

From my limited testing, it looks like the Kopernicus autoadapting code is working well.  No bugs yet in my modstack that are from Kopernicus...

Tried with  RO/RSS/Principia. I know, probably not the best. And everything seemed to work fine, except, It took more Delta-V to get to the moon. Instead of the usual 3-3.3K it took 4.XK.

Unsure if it was for something I don't get, or because something changed with Kopernicus. I am gonna try to revert back and see what happens then.

New in this latest version (release-47):

1.) Fixed a 1.12 series bug that caused gas giants to turn Joolian Green.

Known Bugs:

Known Caveats:

aii5YIj.jpg

19 minutes ago, Spaceman.Spiff said:

What version of KSP and Kopernicus are you on. 

Hi, I'm on 1.12 of ksp (this issue was present even in 1.11.1), and Ihave the latest release of kopernicus (release 1.12.0-47)

and these are my settingLWFaDOF.jpg

2 hours ago, OrbitalManeuvers said:

Try going into your scatterer settings and selecting a higher quality preset. Blue ball icon from the space center scene.

I have tryed but nothing happen, then I've unistalled everythink and made a fresh install, installed ONLY kopernicus and the bug is there...why i get this bug?? I don't see the other players with this bug...I don't think that is my pc issue because I'm able to run ksp at full graphics setting

4 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Thank you for the quick update.

However,  the warning dialog is unclosable and shows up on all screens

THkuBvK.jpeg

Edit:  After returning to the main menu and back into the game, it's now gone

This seems to be Linux specific.  I can close it on Windows.  Or maybe it's your clickthroughblocker messing with something?

The warning is likely short term anyways as we are doing pretty well, but thanks for the heads up.  I'll probably drop it next release.

2 hours ago, TaintedLion said:

JNSQ's day length seems to be 24 hours instead of the 12 it's supposed to be, dunno if it's a Kopernicus issue. 1.12.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fth0309q3b94itr/KSP.log?dl=0 - log

You need to update JNSQ's bundled Kronometer dlls, you can find a quickfix updated package at the end of the issue here:

https://github.com/Kopernicus/Kronometer/issues/17

Just replace Kronometer.dll and Kopernicus.Parser.dll  in your JNSQ with the ones from this Kronometer zip.  Ignore the rest.

Edited by R-T-B

7 minutes ago, R-T-B said:

This seems to be Linux specific.  I can close it on Windows. 

It happens on MacOS too.

These dialogs need to be closed on the same Scene they are popped, otherwise they can't be closed anymore.

My guess is the GameObject responsible for the dialog being destroyed on changing scenes, and so there's no one alive to handle the close event.

Edited by Lisias
Hit "Save" too soon.