[1.12.x] Kopernicus Stable branch (Last Updated February 12th, 2024)

R-T-B

It's an option you can turn on in the Kopernicus_config.cfg, or in game via the Kopernicus widget.

Plus, as the release notes say: "please see Kopernicus_Config.cfg option DisableFarAwayColliders, read about the fix/workaround, and set it as you feel appropriate."

Edited by modus
extra info

13 minutes ago, modus said:

It's an option you can turn on in the Kopernicus_config.cfg, or in game via the Kopernicus widget.

Plus, as the release notes say: "please see Kopernicus_Config.cfg option DisableFarAwayColliders, read about the fix/workaround, and set it as you feel appropriate."

unknown.png  the config file isnt in the new version

i downloaded it 3 times and its not there

2 hours ago, CaptainThunder said:

Hello! I am getting a warning message stating that that the custom planetary system was unable to load. It says for me to send you some things? Should I put that here or is there a more preferred method?

Hide contents

20220707_164541.jpg

Generally the main logfile I would need for support is KSP.log, found in your main game install directory.

A list of your mods also helps.  You can upload that logfile as a zipfile (it can be quite large) to any zip file hosting service.

Alternatively, this plugin may help you with your bug report:

https://github.com/KSPModdingLibs/KSPBugReport

1 hour ago, R-T-B said:

Generally the main logfile I would need for support is KSP.log, found in your main game install directory.

A list of your mods also helps.  You can upload that logfile as a zipfile (it can be quite large) to any zip file hosting service.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/18o5fn7v8v6q81x/KSP.log?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/r8fneog08zr9l02/ModuleManager.log?dl=0

Spoiler

unknown.png

Spoiler

unknown.png

That should be the logfile and a redundant set of mod lists, one in the Module manager log and another in a two part image form.

Thank you so so much for responding so quick.

Edited by CaptainThunder
Low quality image

2 hours ago, R-T-B said:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/18o5fn7v8v6q81x/KSP.log?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/r8fneog08zr9l02/ModuleManager.log?dl=0

Spoiler

unknown.png

unknown.png

That should be the KSP log and a double redundant list of my mods, from the module manager log and dual screenshots

Thank you so much for getting back to me so fast
(I'm sorry if this sends twice. On my end, it looks like my first message was erased so I redid it)

Edited by CaptainThunder
Yep. The second I sent this, the original popped up. Haven't figured out how to delete this one this.

Dual posting happens, all good.  I'm investigating your log now, will update with results soon.

EDIT:  Your logs indicate Duna is missing, of all things.  Any idea why?  If you have no idea why, I would try recording your mod list in ckan, and doing a full uninstall/reinstall as you may be suffering from some sort of odd install corruption?

Actual error follows:

[EXC 16:43:44.397] Exception: Reference body for "Chobo" could not be found. Missing body name is "Duna".
	Kopernicus.Configuration.Loader.Kopernicus.ConfigParser.Interfaces.IParserEventSubscriber.PostApply (ConfigNode node) (at <4190f47954804f0aa29ece093de51d7b>:0)
	Kopernicus.ConfigParser.Parser.LoadObjectFromConfigurationNode (System.Object o, ConfigNode node, System.String configName, System.Boolean getChildren) (at <b81c7e09ce34479e9d3831f2ed50b754>:0)
	Kopernicus.ConfigParser.Parser.CreateObjectFromConfigNode[T] (ConfigNode node, System.String configName, System.Boolean getChildren) (at <b81c7e09ce34479e9d3831f2ed50b754>:0)
	Kopernicus.Injector.Awake () (at <4190f47954804f0aa29ece093de51d7b>:0)
	UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
	ModuleManager.UnityLogHandle.InterceptLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
	UnityEngine.Debug:LogException(Exception)
	Kopernicus.Injector:Awake()
	UnityEngine.GameObject:AddComponent(Type)
	AddonLoader:StartAddon(LoadedAssembly, Type, KSPAddon, Startup)
	AddonLoader:StartAddons(Startup)
	AddonLoader:OnLevelLoaded(GameScenes)
	AddonLoader:OnSceneLoaded(Scene, LoadSceneMode)
	UnityEngine.SceneManagement.SceneManager:Internal_SceneLoaded(Scene, LoadSceneMode)

Edited by R-T-B

1 hour ago, R-T-B said:

Dual posting happens, all good.  I'm investigating your log now, will update with results soon.

EDIT:  Your logs indicate Duna is missing, of all things.  Any idea why?  If you have no idea why, I would try recording your mod list in ckan, and doing a full uninstall/reinstall as you may be suffering from some sort of odd install corruption?

Actual error follows:

[EXC 16:43:44.397] Exception: Reference body for "Chobo" could not be found. Missing body name is "Duna".
	Kopernicus.Configuration.Loader.Kopernicus.ConfigParser.Interfaces.IParserEventSubscriber.PostApply (ConfigNode node) (at <4190f47954804f0aa29ece093de51d7b>:0)
	Kopernicus.ConfigParser.Parser.LoadObjectFromConfigurationNode (System.Object o, ConfigNode node, System.String configName, System.Boolean getChildren) (at <b81c7e09ce34479e9d3831f2ed50b754>:0)
	Kopernicus.ConfigParser.Parser.CreateObjectFromConfigNode[T] (ConfigNode node, System.String configName, System.Boolean getChildren) (at <b81c7e09ce34479e9d3831f2ed50b754>:0)
	Kopernicus.Injector.Awake () (at <4190f47954804f0aa29ece093de51d7b>:0)
	UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
	ModuleManager.UnityLogHandle.InterceptLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
	UnityEngine.Debug:LogException(Exception)
	Kopernicus.Injector:Awake()
	UnityEngine.GameObject:AddComponent(Type)
	AddonLoader:StartAddon(LoadedAssembly, Type, KSPAddon, Startup)
	AddonLoader:StartAddons(Startup)
	AddonLoader:OnLevelLoaded(GameScenes)
	AddonLoader:OnSceneLoaded(Scene, LoadSceneMode)
	UnityEngine.SceneManagement.SceneManager:Internal_SceneLoaded(Scene, LoadSceneMode)

Wha... yeah no I have no clue what's going on. I'll give what you're suggesting a shot and let you know how it goes.

Edited by CaptainThunder
I didn't know what you meant by "record your mod list" so I ended up doing it the old fashion way

2 hours ago, CaptainThunder said:

Wha... yeah no I have no clue what's going on. I'll give what you're suggesting a shot and let you know how it goes.

Okay so it didn't work. Re deleted, erased, and restarted completely. Mods and all. I got the same warning, but at the very start of the start up I noticed a message very quickly that might be a lead. The message was as follows:

ZeroMiniAVC started ...

ZeroMiniAVC destroyed ...

Which I found out is a mod. I am going to try deleting it and restarting the game to see if it works. If not I'll reinstall and... I have no clue but it's worth a try.

Edited by CaptainThunder
It did not work

hmmm ... that is really weird.  It's late here but I will try replicating with an install tomorrow morning.  Then maybe I can offer more guidance.  I have a feeling this might be some kind of bug with the opm ckan build.  Will advise.

Edited by R-T-B

41 minutes ago, modus said:

@CaptainThunder, @R-T-B looking at the modlist, I'm also wondering: does KHNS play nice with Galaxies Unbound? Not using those packs myself so not sure.

As I'm waking up, that's the first thing I'm testing.  (That and OPM, though I think OPM is less likely to be an issue)  Good catch.

Also, heads up that the bleeding edge performance optimizations to scatters (finally making them perform as well as stock) will be coming here sometime today.  Watch for them. :)

EDIT:  Confirmed.  This is a conflict between GU and KHNS @CaptainThunder.  Pick one and your problem will solve.

Edited by R-T-B

5 minutes ago, modus said:

Good morning to you then (do you wake up really really early or are you not in the US? None of my business I know :wink:)!

Yeah I don't think OPM will be the problem.

Work calls when work calls.  I am west coast USA and yes it's 2am...  so technically morning but only just!  Part of being network tech support is you don't chose when something goes down! ;)

PS:  Please don't tell my workplace I'm doing Kerbal on the side while diagnostics run, that would be mean... lol

Edited by R-T-B

Spaceman gotta space.

Anyways, bleeding edge tested changes have been pushed.  Hot new stable release, with well vetted performance improvements and a new language localization to boot!

New in this latest version release-133:

1.) Rewrote large parts of the scatter system to use a new clever logic developed in conjunction with @gotmachine. Major thanks to him, as this realizes major performance benefits! This has been well tested in bleedinge edge for 2 days now and is stable.

2.) Kopernicus_Config.cfg parameters ScatterDistanceLimit and ScatterCountLimit are removed, and will be scrubbed from your cfgs automatically. This level of tweaking is no longer needed or required with the new high performance scatter system.

3.) We now depend on KSPHarmony framework to do a few small things that would be messy to do via reflection. Please ensure you extract your release zip fully, it includes everything you need (CKAN is also aware of this).

4.) Added es-es localization.

5.) Updated included ModuleManager to 4.2.2.

Known Bugs:

1.) Not exactly a bug, but worth mentioning: The Kopernicus_Config.cfg file is rewritten when the game exits. This means any manual (not in the GUI) edits made while playing the game will not be preserved. Edit the file only with the game exited, please.

2.) At interstellar ranges, heat can sometimes behave strangely, sometimes related to map zoom (be careful zooming out). It is best to turn off part heating when traveling far far away.

3.) When zooming out all the way out in map view at interstellar ranges, the navball furthermore sometimes behaves oddly. We are working on this and monitoring all the interstellar bugs actively.

4.) Very Old craft files may complain about a missing module. This is a cosmetic error and can be ignored. Reload and re-save the craft to remove the error.

Known Caveats:

1.) The 1.12.x release series works on 1.12.x,1.11.x,1.10.x, and 1.9.x. The 1.8 release is for 1.8.x.

2.) Multistar Solar panel support requires an additional config file, attached to release.

3.) As of release-107, scatter density underwent a bugfix on all bodies globally that results in densities acting more dense than before on some select configs. Some mods may need to adjust. Normally we'd not change things like this, but this is technically the correct stock behavior of the node so... if you need the old behavior, see config option UseIncorrectScatterDensityLogic.

4.) As of Release-119, LandControl createColors is no longer obeyed, it is forced on to avoid another bug. Very few mods to my knowledge use this parameter, but a few do (JNSQ for example). You can work around this if affected by setting your LandControl color to be all zeroes. See attatched cfg for a mod that does this.

5.) The "collider fix" as it's called, which fixes the event in which you sink into the terrain on distant bodies, is off by default. If you have a system larger than stock, please see Kopernicus_Config.cfg option DisableFarAwayColliders, read about the fix/workaround, and set it as you feel appropriate.

Minor hotfix for some situational logspam I noticed while playing:

New in this latest version release-134:

1.) Minor hotfix for some logspam regressions in the optional collider bugfix.

Known Bugs:

1.) Not exactly a bug, but worth mentioning: The Kopernicus_Config.cfg file is rewritten when the game exits. This means any manual (not in the GUI) edits made while playing the game will not be preserved. Edit the file only with the game exited, please.

2.) At interstellar ranges, heat can sometimes behave strangely, sometimes related to map zoom (be careful zooming out). It is best to turn off part heating when traveling far far away.

3.) When zooming out all the way out in map view at interstellar ranges, the navball furthermore sometimes behaves oddly. We are working on this and monitoring all the interstellar bugs actively.

4.) Very Old craft files may complain about a missing module. This is a cosmetic error and can be ignored. Reload and re-save the craft to remove the error.

Known Caveats:

1.) The 1.12.x release series works on 1.12.x,1.11.x,1.10.x, and 1.9.x. The 1.8 release is for 1.8.x.

2.) Multistar Solar panel support requires an additional config file, attached to release.

3.) As of release-107, scatter density underwent a bugfix on all bodies globally that results in densities acting more dense than before on some select configs. Some mods may need to adjust. Normally we'd not change things like this, but this is technically the correct stock behavior of the node so... if you need the old behavior, see config option UseIncorrectScatterDensityLogic.

4.) As of Release-119, LandControl createColors is no longer obeyed, it is forced on to avoid another bug. Very few mods to my knowledge use this parameter, but a few do (JNSQ for example). You can work around this if affected by setting your LandControl color to be all zeroes. See attatched cfg for a mod that does this.

5.) The "collider fix" as it's called, which fixes the event in which you sink into the terrain on distant bodies, is off by default. If you have a system larger than stock, please see Kopernicus_Config.cfg option DisableFarAwayColliders, read about the fix/workaround, and set it as you feel appropriate.

Last bugfix for a bit, this one was reported on discord:

New in this latest version release-135:

1.) Work around a bug in MFI in which feeding it a zero luminosity value (such as is common in black holes in planet packs) would cause it's flux calculation to crash due to a divide by zero exception. We work around this now by feeding it a very small luminosity value in place of zero. This would manifest itself as a bug where multistar charging failed in packs with zero luminosity bodies. Thank you Discord user VELIKAN for the report!

Known Bugs:

Known Caveats:

2 hours ago, tremonthedgehog said:

is the latest version on ckan?

Nearly always within an hour of release drop CKAN will come along and index it, yes.

If something goes wrong with that, it can take up to 2-3 hours, but almost never more than that.

1 hour ago, Brigadier said:

If you mean 1.12.1-135, then yes.

No offence intended but could you have not opened CKAN to check??? ;)

I mean maybe he was posted excitedly from his phone, I've done things like that before, who knows? lol

Edited by R-T-B