[1.12.x] Kopernicus Stable branch (Last Updated February 12th, 2024)

R-T-B

11 minutes ago, Emilius73 said:

Nyan Cat explosion in 1.11.2 go brrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

1.11.2 just went live, but seeing it's a hot fix with only five changes, it shouldn't affect Kopernicus much, right?

Is there a way to edit the versioning file before a patch comes out?

I did not expect another hotfix lol.  It shouldn't be erroring out though?  It should autoadapt to the new minor changes.  What error are you getting?

Furthermore, nyancats should not happen anymore for an error.  I literally disabled that due to confusion between it and April 1st / cat day.  It's now a text watermark.

3 minutes ago, Emilius73 said:

Unfortunately no... JNSQ doesn't load in 1.11.2

Can I get an error report?

Edited by R-T-B

3 minutes ago, Jcking said:

It seems that slightly older versions of Kopernicus error out, but release 36 does not.

Yes.  The latest versions are autoadapting to minor updates like this.  Try that.  Do bear in mind the notes on solar panels in the release notes though (for JNSQ, other than possibly a harmless error on loaded craft blueprints, you are fine).

Pretty cool that I don't have to do anything.  I just tried JNSQ and it works!

@Emilius73

Edited by R-T-B

3 minutes ago, R-T-B said:

Yes.  The latest versions are autoadapting to minor updates like this.  Try that.  Do bear in mind the notes on solar panels in the release notes though (for JNSQ, other than possibly a harmless error on loaded craft blueprints, you are fine).

Pretty cool that I don't have to do anything.  I just tried JNSQ and it works!

@Emilius73

Oh! That explains everything. I think I'm still on release 34.

Thank you!

Edited by Emilius73

My results just now:

I updated an install to 1.11.2. I ran it stock only first, then added Kopernicus 36 with no planet pack, ran fine.

Then I added JNSQ, still ran fine. Was able to load and start a new sandbox game without issue or log bloat. So if there's a conflict with the new build and the new KSP, it's more complicated than just Kopernicus alone. This install is BARE - 2 folders from Kop, 2 from JNSQ, 2 from Squad, and mm.

Pics or it never happened:

Spoiler

oNM3tMz.png

Edited by OrbitalManeuvers
added screenshot

The latest version works perfectly fine with 1.11.2 for me.  My planet pack I was developing in August (I believe KSP was in v1.10) loaded up correctly, I was able to make a new star system without any issues besides me messing up file paths, and even the enormous Galaxies Unbound mod worked.  Every object and custom orbit icon loaded, and the custom ground scatter worked too. I haven't tried to see if Kittopia still works with 1.11/1.11.2, though.

On 3/16/2021 at 1:10 PM, MirrorsareHard154 said:

Got the mod just as the new update dropped, mod broke, can't paste any logs, and KSP.log is somehow 214MB

Try the latest release.  Most people reporting this are a couple releases out of date, and those lack 1.11.2 support.

On 3/18/2021 at 5:28 AM, MirrorsareHard154 said:

I installed release 36, that's still the latest release

I don't know what to tell you without logs.  Try deleting KSP.log to regenerate it.  Logs should not be that big, and release 36 is supposed to work with 1.11.2.  I have a feeling your log is quite old and has a lot of stuff we don't need.  Deleting and regenerating it will fix that and make it a manageable size.

Edited by R-T-B

New in this latest version (release-37):

1.) Land Scatter optimizations and bugfixes. They now run pretty dang close to stock performance.

2.) Because of the new scatter centric performance, the scatter culler is disabled (it now costs more performance to run than the performance it gained, so what is the point?). The Kopernicus_config.cfg commands for it are furthermore no longer obeyed, but may be left intact without harm.  If you want to reduce scatters, I advise using the stock scatter density slider.

Known Bugs:

1.) Old craft files may complain about a missing module. This is a cosmetic error and can be ignored. Reload and re-save the craft to remove the error.

2.) At interstellar ranges, heat can sometimes behave strangely, sometimes related to map zoom (be careful zooming out). It is best to turn off part heating when traveling far far away.

3.) When zooming out all the way out in map view at interstellar ranges, the navbal furthermore sometimes behaves oddly. We are working on this and all the interstellar bugs actively.

4.) Hazardous Body object is presently broken, and has been for some time aparently. We are working on this for next release. Don't go driving in lava you shouldn't drive in, now...

Edited by R-T-B

If you are playing on rescale, you'll be happy to know I've heard your pleas and the distance culler will be coming back in next release, which'll be very soon.  For users who don't need it, it can in next release simply be set to "0" to disable it, so we get the best of both worlds.

It will be set to "5000" meters by default, which should be a good compromise.  As it stood, 10x rescale was nearly unplayable without the culler, as the long distance horizons ensured way too many scatters to manage.  I forgot to think about rescales when concluding performance was "acceptable," heh.

Edited by R-T-B

New in this latest version (release-38):

1.) Yet more landscatter optimizations and bugfixes.

2.) Restored the distance culler with a default cull distance of 5000m, because large system rescales need it.

Known Bugs:

1.) Old craft files may complain about a missing module. This is a cosmetic error and can be ignored. Reload and re-save the craft to remove the error.

2.) At interstellar ranges, heat can sometimes behave strangely, sometimes related to map zoom (be careful zooming out). It is best to turn off part heating when traveling far far away.

3.) When zooming out all the way out in map view at interstellar ranges, the navbal furthermore sometimes behaves oddly. We are working on this and all the interstellar bugs actively.

4.) Hazardous Body object is still presently broken, and has been for some time aparently. We are working on this for a near future release. Don't go driving in lava you shouldn't drive in, now...

To show how performance has improved in 10x rescales with the new culler:

Here is an absolutely huge draw-distance forest that is being distance culled to 5000m.  Unfortunately the act of culling nearly 20km of trees (KSP tries to draw that much, don't ask me why, probably some kind of rescale bug/thing) is kind of heavy, but it's even worse to draw them.  FPS without the culler is around 20FPS.  FPS with is below, quite a bit more playable (~54FPS at 4K on a RTX 2080):

CTTXza5.jpg

No, it's not ideal (a lot of the trees that are lagging us are hidden from view behind that hill and could use some kind of z-culling to hide them too), but 1080p should be better, and I'm still working on it.  At least rescale 10x is finally for the first time in history approaching playable numbers with scatters at 100% density.  What a novel idea, right?

PS:  Colliders were enabled for all scatters in this test, which probably further hindered performance, so keep that in mind too.

Edited by R-T-B

1 hour ago, HelloMaxxo said:

the mod is giving me an exeption during the loading process, how can i submit the folder?

I would suggest reading the post at the link in my sig block on how to upload a log file and share it here.  Avoid posting the log's contents directly to a thread since file length can be a problem.

• 3 weeks later...

Can someone tell me which version of Kopernicus  had the module:  KopernicusSolarPanels  was renamed to KopernicusSolarPanel?

I need to update a contract pack

Edit:  Actually, apparently different versions of Kopernicus use one or the other.  How can a contract pack differentiate between the two?

This is the sort of change that should never have been done, given all the other mods which have it referenced.  Very bad decision, at the very least, should have some sort of compatibility layer

Edited by linuxgurugamer