[1.12.x] Kopernicus Stable branch (Last Updated February 12th, 2024)

R-T-B

5 hours ago, davide96 said:

@R-T-B hi i've installed the kopernicus but as soon i install the pack i get a shadows issue...

can someone help me please??

ZMZcLC0.jpg

Honestly, stock shadows are hit and miss for me too.  I'd install Scatterer if you have the horsepower, it's shadows seem to work better.

8 minutes ago, Lisias said:

It happens on MacOS too.

These dialogs need to be closed on the same Scene they are popped, otherwise they can't be closed anymore.

My guess it's the GameObject responsible by the dialog being destroyed, and so there's no one alive to handle the close event.

You'd be right.

The easiest fix for now is just to make it go away on scene change.  Doing that.

New in this latest version (release-48):

1.) Fixed a 1.12 series bug that caused the beta-support warning dialog to stick across scenes on non-windows machines.

Known Bugs:

1.) Old craft files may complain about a missing module. This is a cosmetic error and can be ignored. Reload and re-save the craft to remove the error.

2.) At interstellar ranges, heat can sometimes behave strangely, sometimes related to map zoom (be careful zooming out). It is best to turn off part heating when traveling far far away.

3.) When zooming out all the way out in map view at interstellar ranges, the navbal furthermore sometimes behaves oddly. We are working on this and all the interstellar bugs actively.

Known Caveats:

1.) Mutlistar Solar panel support requires an additonal config file, attatched to release.

Edited by R-T-B

1 hour ago, R-T-B said:

This seems to be Linux specific.  I can close it on Windows.  Or maybe it's your clickthroughblocker messing with something?

The warning is likely short term anyways as we are doing pretty well, but thanks for the heads up.  I'll probably drop it next release.

I suppose should have mentioned that this was on Windows.

And CBT doesn't do anything to popups like that

10 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

I suppose should have mentioned that this was on Windows.

And CBT doesn't do anything to popups like that

Yeah, that's right.  You need to close it in the loading scene or it looses the ability to be closed.  I tried closing it immediately, that's why I missed it in testing.

I just made it autoclose on the end of loading scene.

Edited by R-T-B

1 hour ago, Zaffre said:

I am astounded. 1.12 has barely been out and this is already updated. ...And in the event of something, would it be better to contact you here on the forums or on the Kop Discord?

Yep, it's amazing what we can do when work level falls back to normal, eh?

Either way is equally likely to reach me, but Discord is a bit more...  immediate.

1 hour ago, Juba said:

CKAN still shows 2:release-1.12.0-47

Not unusual when a ton of mod launches are happening for CKAN to take a bit to index this.

1 hour ago, Souptime said:

im not sure if this has been reported or not, but all of my modded gas giants are using jool's texture instead of their own

lemme get the log real quick

here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/14jLux4d3KwAhDH4VHU_s_H5lOiLSdQb7/view?usp=sharing

it took an unusually long time to upload, probs cuz of funky mods

Fixed in latest, or should be anyways.  Let me know if it's not.

On 6/24/2021 at 8:48 PM, Sesshaku said:

Tried with  RO/RSS/Principia. I know, probably not the best. And everything seemed to work fine, except, It took more Delta-V to get to the moon. Instead of the usual 3-3.3K it took 4.XK.

Unsure if it was for something I don't get, or because something changed with Kopernicus. I am gonna try to revert back and see what happens then.

Tried it with an older version of Kopernicus and Delta V was back to normal. Again, unsure if this is from Kopernicus, or Principia.

2 hours ago, Sesshaku said:

Tried it with an older version of Kopernicus and Delta V was back to normal. Again, unsure if this is from Kopernicus, or Principia.

Principia will certainly increase the amount of DeltaV required to reach a target, because of the number of bodies altering your course with gravitational pull.

1 hour ago, R-T-B said:

Principia will certainly increase the amount of DeltaV required to reach a target, because of the number of bodies altering your course with gravitational pull.

Yes I know, what I meant was this.

With a pre 1.12 Kopernicus+Current Principia+RSS . A trip to the moon took roughly 2.8-3.4 thousand Delta V from LEO.

With the current Kopernicus+Current Principia+RSS. A trip to the moon from LEO took 4-4.4 thousand Delta V.

RSS should not have changed neither distances nor gravity forces. And therefore Pincipia should've estimated the same delta V. However, that was not the case.

It's solved easily by just sticking to the old version of Kopernicus and KSP. Just wanted to point out that peculiarity that happened to me in case you figure out a bug or inconsistency among the mods.

3 hours ago, Sesshaku said:

Yes I know, what I meant was this.

With a pre 1.12 Kopernicus+Current Principia+RSS . A trip to the moon took roughly 2.8-3.4 thousand Delta V from LEO.

With the current Kopernicus+Current Principia+RSS. A trip to the moon from LEO took 4-4.4 thousand Delta V.

RSS should not have changed neither distances nor gravity forces. And therefore Pincipia should've estimated the same delta V. However, that was not the case.

It's solved easily by just sticking to the old version of Kopernicus and KSP. Just wanted to point out that peculiarity that happened to me in case you figure out a bug or inconsistency among the mods.

Interesting.  Does it still happen with the latest release?  I honestly don't know what could cause that but it is possible that it was related in some way to the "Joolification" of gas giants that may have somehow affected the mass of Jool...  but that's kind of a longshot.

11 hours ago, R-T-B said:

Interesting.  Does it still happen with the latest release?  I honestly don't know what could cause that but it is possible that it was related in some way to the "Joolification" of gas giants that may have somehow affected the mass of Jool...  but that's kind of a longshot.

Didn't try with the latest one, I am gonna give it a go and report back to you.

EDIT: Whatever it was, it's not present in the latest release. So it seems it fixed itself.

Edited by Sesshaku

1 hour ago, Sesshaku said:

Didn't try with the latest one, I am gonna give it a go and report back to you.

EDIT: Whatever it was, it's not present in the latest release. So it seems it fixed itself.

I'm pretty sure it was related to the gas giant bug we had.  Maybe it was making Jool super dense or something and screwing up a lot of orbital expectations, I dunno.  Glad it's fixed.

Edited by R-T-B

Just a heads up the present build should work with 1.12.1 just fine.  Please post if you encounter any issues.

The version warning popup will probably be removed next release.  No real major bugs to speak of. :)

Edited by R-T-B

New in this latest version (release-49):

1.) Official support for 1.12.0 and 1.12.1 added, warning on those removed.

Known Bugs:

1.) Old craft files may complain about a missing module. This is a cosmetic error and can be ignored. Reload and re-save the craft to remove the error.

2.) At interstellar ranges, heat can sometimes behave strangely, sometimes related to map zoom (be careful zooming out). It is best to turn off part heating when traveling far far away.

3.) When zooming out all the way out in map view at interstellar ranges, the navbal furthermore sometimes behaves oddly. We are working on this and all the interstellar bugs actively.

Known Caveats:

1.) Mutlistar Solar panel support requires an additonal config file, attatched to release.

2.) Before 1.12.0, the mission creator module in Making History is somehow, amazingly, is bugged in such a way as to make landing at bodies more distant than say, Stock Eeloo, impossible, due to sinking landing gear and lethal-to-kerbalkind terrain. The general work around for this is to a.) stay within the standard solar system distance, or b.) install another mod: either Parallax which does it's own colliders, or alternatively, "MakingLessHistory."

12 hours ago, R-T-B said:

New in this latest version (release-49):

1.) Official support for 1.12.0 and 1.12.1 added, warning on those removed.

Known Bugs:

Known Caveats:

2.) Before 1.12.0, the mission creator module in Making History is somehow, amazingly, is bugged in such a way as to make landing at bodies more distant than say, Stock Eeloo, impossible, due to sinking landing gear and lethal-to-kerbalkind terrain. The general work around for this is to a.) stay within the standard solar system distance, or b.) install another mod: either Parallax which does it's own colliders, or alternatively, "MakingLessHistory."

Hi I'm here to report an bug, so there is this annoying lighting glitch Iv been dealing with these past few updates, my only installed mod is world stabilizer.

6 hours ago, Minmus Taster said:

Hi I'm here to report an bug, so there is this annoying lighting glitch Iv been dealing with these past few updates, my only installed mod is world stabilizer.

I have heard of this but have honestly no idea what may be causing it.  I assume it does not happen in stock game, ie no mods fresh start?

If not, I will put it on the tracker and launch a proper iinvestigation.

What build of ksp, for the record?

Edited by R-T-B

1 hour ago, R-T-B said:

I have heard of this but have honestly no idea what may be causing it.  I assume it does not happen in stock game, ie no mods fresh start?

If not, I will put it on the tracker and launch a proper iinvestigation.

What build of ksp, for the record?

I'm using 1.12.1 with world stabilizer (and the dependencies of course) installed I'm also pretty sure it happens without other mods to:/

18 hours ago, Minmus Taster said:

@R-T-B I have the same issue, it happen even with no mods and with only kopernicus installed.

I'm running ksp 1.12 (last), no mods, only kopernicus

Edited by davide96

@R-T-B R-T-B released this now

New in this latest version (release-50):

1.) Scaled meshes set to invisible no longer feature colliiders. Furthermore, those without the invisible trait now DO feature colliders, allowing proper occulusion on oblate spheres.

Known Bugs:

Known Caveats:

@davide96 does it happen in pure stock (no kopernicus?).  Just trying to isolate it to my mod.  I will look into it.

Edited by R-T-B