[1.12.x] Kopernicus Stable branch (Last Updated February 12th, 2024)

R-T-B

I did a super-duper clean install (including installing onto a clean-scrub virtual drive) and now KSP boots and loads with a heavily (and I mean heavily) modified mod list, but I can't get past the main menu.  None of the buttons work.

<edit>

I installed the "temporary" Kronometer patch, and that fixed it.  It appears that whatever was wrong with it is what was causing the ultimate hold up in my install at least.

Edited by CAPFlyer

It's also important to ensure you do not have two Kronometer.dlls (or Kopernicus.Parser.dlls).

KSP 1.12.x really hates duplicate dlls basically.  Use the parser dll included with Kopernicus, and the patchec Kronometer.

We are working on making this simpler in the background for those still confused.

I didn't have 2, I did check for that.  I think that at some point, I somehow may have reverted to an older version of Kronometer and not realised it.  When I did the super clean install, I did JNSQ instead and that revealed the Kronometer issue as it uses the older version of Kronometer (which I'd manually updated for my previous ReScale install).  Now, going via JNSQ, I'm thinking that's going to simplify my install some.

18 hours ago, CAPFlyer said:

I didn't have 2, I did check for that.  I think that at some point, I somehow may have reverted to an older version of Kronometer and not realised it.  When I did the super clean install, I did JNSQ instead and that revealed the Kronometer issue as it uses the older version of Kronometer (which I'd manually updated for my previous ReScale install).  Now, going via JNSQ, I'm thinking that's going to simplify my install some.

I know, was just stating for general audiences to be aware.

7 hours ago, squeaker0704 said:

[LOG 11:54:35]: [Kopernicus]: Configuration.Loader: Failed to load Body: Aden: Value cannot be null I keep getting this 

Aden...  hmmm.  What planet pack is that from?

hello I have a problem with the latest version this. I'm trying to use KSRSS but when I get to the main menu e it says a warning about corrupting saves and how the planet pack could not be loaded because of this. also when I do start a game it gets stuck on the black loading screen with the little planets at the bottom right. 

On 8/23/2021 at 8:51 PM, R-T-B said:

It's also important to ensure you do not have two Kronometer.dlls (or Kopernicus.Parser.dlls).

KSP 1.12.x really hates duplicate dlls basically.  Use the parser dll included with Kopernicus, and the patchec Kronometer.

We are working on making this simpler in the background for those still confused.

I've released a working version of Kronometer

2 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

I've released a working version of Kronometer

Right on time.  Thanks man.

For Kopernicus, land scatters are still often misbehaving if you aren't using pure stock situations.  The next update is going to target this issue, trying to address it once and for all, but I may need outside help to do it right (I've struggled with this code in the past), so I have no idea how long until it's done.  But it is being worked on.

In the meantime, there is an expensive option to make them behave right, in my experience.  Set ScatterCleanupDelta=0 in Kopernicus_Config.cfg.  It will hurt your FPS in scatter heavy situations, but they behave right.

Edited by R-T-B

• 3 weeks later...

@R-T-Bhey there. So, I had a problem with Kopernicus last time. 0 comets found. Literally. For a whole game century. (maybe not, just 3/4)

My first attempt is to delete all my planet mods: no luck.
Delete all mods connecting/depending on Kopernicus + kopernicus itself: 2 comets within an Earth minute.
So... it means Kopernicus is conflicting with my comets. How do I fix this as I want to re-install Parallax plus a few planet mods soon?

On 9/15/2021 at 5:15 AM, Kerbal Productions said:

@R-T-Bhey there. So, I had a problem with Kopernicus last time. 0 comets found. Literally. For a whole game century. (maybe not, just 3/4)

My first attempt is to delete all my planet mods: no luck.
Delete all mods connecting/depending on Kopernicus + kopernicus itself: 2 comets within an Earth minute.
So... it means Kopernicus is conflicting with my comets. How do I fix this as I want to re-install Parallax plus a few planet mods soon?

Comets won't spawn in Kopernicus by default, an old problem with our asteroid/body generator.

You can make them spawn by setting useKopernicusAsteroidGenerator to "Stock" in Kopernicus_Config.cfg

Keep in mind this only works well in stockalike systems.

Edited by R-T-B

22 hours ago, squeaker0704 said:

i don't know of another file hosting sites 

Google Drive, OneDrive, Dropbox, and pastebin are very common, free and useful.

Once you've uploaded your file to a service, right-click on it and look for a Share or shareable link option (this could be a "Copy link" button).  This is true for the first three but I can't comment on pastebin since I don't use it.  Copy that link and paste it here as you would inserting text.  Pictures can be done the same way although I prefer uploading to imgur and then posting a direct link so that the pictures appear in-line and not just link text.

On 9/24/2021 at 6:47 AM, squeaker0704 said:

ok what do i do next after pasting it to pastbin

Provide the link of the paste.  It should be in your address bar.  You can also use one of the above services.

• 2 weeks later...

Bug Report: Star light shining on a craft is limited by SOI

Discription: When a craft is out of a star's SOI, there is no light shinning on the craft from that star.

Test Environment:

Edited by Jason Kerman