Mods wont Download!! :(

Just now, theCAVE said:

thanks, how long does it usually take for the mods to update?

Mods are created by members of the community to add free content so it depends on how much time they have to devote to this. Many mods also go though a very serious testing regime before they are released so the answer is, it depends. Please remember that while it is not against the forum rules to request an update, so long as it is polite and not repetitive, it can be a little annoying to some mod makers who get bombarded with these requests so it is best to be patient or revert to an earlier version of KSP so you can continue to enjoy the mod while you wait.

While I'm not a Linux user it seems you will need to download and install this: https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/CKAN/releases/download/v1.29.2/ckan_1.29.2_all.deb

18 minutes ago, theCAVE said:

do i download CKAN like a regular Mod

CKAN information is available in this thread. It is installed as a stand alone program on your device and then detects the KSP installations you have.

Updates to CKAN progress as the mod authors make them. Some are very current, others are not.

CKAN will give you an indication if one of your installed mods has an upgrade. CKAN will also resolve dependencies for any mod you choose to install and install the additional mods as well.

1 hour ago, theCAVE said:

Sorry, i should have been a bit more specific but i meant how long does it take for CKAN to update the mods and do i download CKAN like a regular Mod

It depends on each mod. Some mods get indexed very quicly, if there are no issues. Some need to be reviewed by the CKAN team, first... which can take however long it takes one of them to review, on their own, free time.
That being said, those guys are very active in the community, and barring any *serious* issues preventing the mod from being CKAN indexed, (ie they need to contact and hear bac from a mod dev before putting it up on CKAN), but generally, CKAN is generally very quic to update mods.

As to installing it, its a seperate program from KSP (ie in Windows its an .exe). So you install it however you normally install any program in Linux vOv
Once you get it running, you set it up to point at your KSP directory, browse for mods you want to install, and it does the rest.

5 minutes ago, Stone Blue said:

It depends on each mod. Some mods get indexed very quicly, if there are no issues. Some need to be reviewed by the CKAN team, first... which can take however long it takes one of them to review, on their own, free time.
That being said, those guys are very active in the community, and barring any *serious* issues preventing the mod from being CKAN indexed, (ie they need to contact and hear bac from a mod dev before putting it up on CKAN), but generally, CKAN is generally very quic to update mods.

As to installing it, its a seperate program from KSP (ie in Windows its an .exe). So you install it however you normally install any program in Linux vOv
Once you get it running, you set it up to point at your KSP directory, browse for mods you want to install, and it does the rest.

Thanks, thats great to know

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.