Orbital path from LKO to a Mun encounter does not always show path through Mun's SOI, even after I manage to set a maneuver node at the Pe above the Mun.

I have an mp4 of this happening, but I have not yet found a way to 'create new bug report' on the wiki https://bugs.kerbalspaceprogram.com/projects/ksp/wiki, or to upload/link to it on this forum.

The latest post from UomoCapra regarding KSP Enhanced Edition links to the KSP Forums with this line "If you want to continue helping us out by providing us with feedback and bug reports, you can do so through our Bugtracker". The post I refer to is linked below.

I would like to report a bug correctly, but I simply cannot find WHERE I should create a new report. Any help is appreciated.

EDIT: Perhaps this might show the mp4 I mentioned - Intermittent patches

Edited by gravitydeficit

I think you're supposed to make an account on the bug tracker to submit anything there.

I've been experiencing the same bug since one of the last couple updates. I believe it only occurs when you're aimed for the very edge of a body's sphere of influence, and additionally it occurs with more regularity when the encounter is further out into the future. Just time warping closer to the encounter date can make it stop.

I think you're supposed to make an account on the bug tracker to submit anything there.

I've been experiencing the same bug since one of the last couple updates. I believe it only occurs when you're aimed for the very edge of a body's sphere of influence, and additionally it occurs with more regularity when the encounter is further out into the future. Just time warping closer to the encounter date can make it stop.

I have an account on the bug tracker, but I cannot find the "create report" button on the "issues" page for PS4. This is the page I'm referring to: https://bugs.kerbalspaceprogram.com/issues?utf8=✓&set_filter=1&sort=id%3Adesc&f[]=status_id&op[status_id]=o&f[]=cf_8&op[cf_8]=%3D&v[cf_8][]=PS4&f[]=&c[]=project&c[]=tracker&c[]=priority&c[]=status&c[]=cf_7&c[]=cf_8&c[]=subject&c[]=assigned_to&c[]=updated_on&c[]=done_ratio&c[]=fixed_version&group_by=

In the mp4 link I posted above, the Pe at the Mun is below 200 km. I don't doubt that the problem exists with a higher Pe, but that isn't the case here.

Thank you for replying.

Edited by gravitydeficit
I neglected to quote InfernoSD

5 hours ago, InfernoSD said:

Yes, the periapsis may be very close once you're in the Mun's SOI, but the conic prior to that is pretty far from the Mun's orbit. That's all I mean. That's how it's been everytime this flickering glitch has happened to me.

Ah... I misunderstood you. My apologies.

Still, this is a bug, and I don't know how to report it properly. I have three mp4 vids of this happening from different save games. One of them relates to a Duna transfer. When the patches don't work, it makes it very difficult to plan interplanetary transfers, much less gravity assists.

Sorry, I'm preaching to the choir again.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.