Have you seen the new KSP 2 emojis?

UomoCapra

I think the “old” emojis are actually proper emojis, while the “new” emojis are more like those emoji stickers instead. The animations are the main reason I still use the “old” type :sticktongue::0.0::confused:;.; over the new :awe::valsob::happy:, but the new versions’ eyes are slightly too small and the overall size is too big compared to the default text size.

I’m not saying the new versions are bad, I just prefer the old ones.

• 4 weeks later...

a normal emoji: :lol: 1/10

a KSP emoji: :D 5/10

a KSP 2 emoji: :happy: 10/10

i love the KSP 2 emoji's! :heart_eyes::blush2:

is there will be animated KSP 2 emoji(s)?

Edited by JB182
forgot about adding KSP 2 into "is there will be animated emoji(s)?"

• 6 months later...
On 4/7/2021 at 7:46 AM, JB182 said:

a normal emoji: :lol: 1/10

a KSP emoji: :D 5/10

a KSP 2 emoji: :happy: 10/10

i love the KSP 2 emoji's! :heart_eyes::blush2:

is there will be animated KSP 2 emoji(s)?

Well for me it's exactly the opposite. For me personally the KSP2 emojis are kinda cringy, KSP emojis are fine, but those good old emojis? They bring me those interesting feelings from forums which are still using 2000s design and emojis.

Edited by ShuttlePilot
Kerbal typo

On 2/17/2021 at 2:17 PM, StarSlay3r said:

Don't worry, we didn't forget about Val. Her emojis are ready and available for use in the forum now! Thank you to Paul Zimmer and Steve Suhy for making these as well! 

qOF7X7H.png   :valawe:             AAFxuZK.png :valblush:

6auck1C.png           :valgrin:                 7vHns6f.png   :valcry:

FfWvip5.png         :valhappy:                 Hgvg6rc.png        :valwink:

pngOz0M.png           :valjoy:                    lpbQCNB.png     :vallove:

8PsW4Ot.png            :valsad:                       Rpjtcvq.png    :valsob:

xFB1SaQ.png            :valwow:

On 2/11/2021 at 7:00 AM, theJesuit said:

IMHO I think the eyes are a little small?  Hard to make out on a laptop screen.  They also look a little angled from the top, so not a fan yet.

I feel that I should a stickler!  WHY NO FEMALE EMOJI FACES?  This is an oversight as bad as Val not having a visor on the menu screen when she first was introduced, or female kerbals not even having tongues for ages!

I'm sorry I missed the females being added.  So this being quite late feedback.

• The female Wow and Awe are quite similar, again harder to tell apart on small screens.
  • Don't know whether I like the female wow looking at me with an 0 mouth and tongue hanging out, looks more like she is panting?  That may just be my interpretation? 
  • There is no 'sobbing' or 'wow' in the male lineup.  Do males not do this?
  • The grin looks more like a grimace as if she is pushing something painful out?

Full disclosure, I don't like the new ones, male or female.  They haven't grown on me, so I won't use them.  I think my feedback is justified though.

Edited by theJesuit