What do you want for KSP 1.12? Poll

What do you want to see for KSP’s next update? You can choose multiple answers.  

127 members have voted

1. 1. What do you want to see for KSP’s next update? You can choose multiple answers.

Just now, Kerbart said:

it will rain complaints if there are no new features

Probably, but at least they won't be from me for a change. Frankly I'd settle for a major release without major new bugs, we haven't had one of those in years. Actually fixing any of the old ones seems like a lost cause at this point.

Some improvements to career exploration contracts? Like making it more sensible in terms of progression, don't ask eve for first interplanetary landing + return for example. Also cargo delivery contracts could be fun, like bring x amounts of repair kits or whatever to a station.

1 hour ago, steve_v said:

Oh look, "bugfixes" has a healthy lead in the poll... I wonder why that might be?

Unfortunately people also voted for a 'better' game engine. Just going to post a totally unrelated quote here.

"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realise half of them are stupider than that."

6 hours ago, KawaiiLucy said:

Some improvements to career exploration contracts? Like making it more sensible in terms of progression, don't ask eve for first interplanetary landing + return for example. Also cargo delivery contracts could be fun, like bring x amounts of repair kits or whatever to a station.

The Eve landing and return mission caught me out. I didn't know anything about Eve and accepted the contract. I barely made it off Eve and back to Kerbin even with every cheat in the F12 menu on.

A lot of the contracts I get don't make much sense or are horribly repetitive. It seems like they taylor the contracts based on what you've chosen in the past. Which makes sense considering that's probably the type on contracts your interested in but I can only repair so many rovers or satellites before it gets dull.

• 1 month later...

First, bug fixes specially on EVA construction, I get constant issues with parts refusing to stay where I put them, poor alignment features, changing/installing wheels is a pain and at times I put a part and an unrelated parts moves. And there seems to be a glitch where often times right after I finish a burn the orbit continues to change, messing up my maneuvers. And they seriously need to revamp the map view code, my framerate drops to single digits when I have a few hundred asteroids being tracked.

I also checked 'new features' because KSP needs serious UI improvements, for instance:

• Ability to search for an object to mark as target, so I don't have to search for a single asteroid among several dozens;
  • List all experiments inside a module in a scrollable list instead of having a window having you read every experiment one by one;
  • A message saying "Transferred X experiments" instead of having 50 messages one for each transferred experiment;
  • Filter vessels by what body they're orbiting on the tracking station;
  • More information about vessels from the tracking station, such as mass, size and resources;
  • Sorting options for objects in the tracking station;
  • Ability to show only A/B/C/D/E class asteroids;
  • Show asteroid class for known asteroids (seriously, the game tells you what class a new asteroid is before it's tracked, but not when it's being tracked?)

1 hour ago, JB182 said:

everytime there is an update it always include bug fixes

The problem is that big, important bugs from previous update cycles sometimes don't get fixed, and new major updates practically always come with more bugs than they fix

1 minute ago, OrdinaryKerman said:

The problem is that big, important bugs from previous update cycles sometimes don't get fixed, and new major updates practically always come with more bugs than they fix

the kraken bug never got fix. i love when kerbals fall off something and he/she going like an octopus

1 minute ago, JB182 said:

the kraken bug never got fix. i love when kerbals fall off something and he/she going like an octopus

The original Deep Space Kraken physics glitch was fixed way back in 0.17 alpha, 'Kraken' is now just a nickname for any major physics bug.

A new gas giant is at the top of my list.  It would be nice to get some new locations instead of some new tools or parts.  At this point, most of the locations have become boring.  I just don't care about visiting eve when I have been there a hundred times.

Just now, Tundra said:

A new gas giant is at the top of my list.  It would be nice to get some new locations instead of some new tools or parts.  At this point, most of the locations have become boring.  I just don't care about visiting eve when I have been there a hundred times.

There's always OPM. And if you want things beyond The Kerbol system, there's a lot of planet packs out there.

The Nerv is already endgame and is too OP, you can literally do a grand tour with 25% mass fractions on those if you just wait and use gravity assists. I would tolerate open cycle nuclear engines with 1000 ISP but they release radioactive material and cannot burn forever. Maybe they can only burn 1 hour and thrust reduces over that time. I would enjoy a low expansion ratio NERV with a higher TWR and thrust ASL than in vaccum(I imagine it takes IntakeAir as well) for SSTO's to be simple(no rapiers needed), but no need for my pipedreams. Eg. It has 600 ISP ASL and a TWR of 5 and in VAC and a ISP of 450 and a TWR of two. Ability to reach 2200m/s in atmo with 50% mass not being the NERV and 3000m/s with just a fairing and probe core.

need reliant/swivel revamp. I use 1.25m rockets a lot, they're my RocketLab's Electron class equivalent. Small, cheap, but with enough power to get the job done. Even capable of sending small spacecraft on interplanetary voyages. Hell, if game is modded to have FMRS they have enough oopmh to carry extra fuel for a spaceX style first stage recovery.

I know there's a lot of parts that need some rework, but we have almost all engines done already, why not these two :valsad:

Edited by The Aziz

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.