Are you playing RSS without RO or Principia ?

gilflo

Hello guys

Are some of you playing RSS but without RO mod or Principia Mod  ?

I have been trying RO and Prinicipia on KSP 1.9 RSS and I feel it too complicated, I have been playing KSP for years, since 0.25,  and It's a pleasure to build Rocket and Spaceplane, I have been to Eve a lot of time and I am fed up with Kerbol system

I tried KSRSS which is easy when you know how to deal with Eve, then I tried RSS on KSP 1.7, love it as I built OPT Spaceplane able to climb to Orbit....Try again  to look at RO, look at Principia, but I don't want to start again at the very beginning, so I left them and now and I am trying RSS on KSP 1.9, maybe it's working on 1.10 and 1.11 as Kopernicus has been updated. 

As stock engines are not very efficient for RSS,  I use mainly RealScaleBooster mod  engines for rockets and OPT mod engines for Spaceplane and I am  trying Spaceplane direct launch to Orbit, Spaceplane launch like SpaceShuttle on a rocket, and rocket and spaceplane  Stratolaunch. There's a lot to try!

I have tried principia, but I didn't like the user interface. It didn't change much as far as orbital stability of my spacecraft at the orbital distances I typically used. I think it broke some of the faux-tidal locking of my custom system... so I removed it, even though I found it quite interesting (I am still interested in using lagrange points and such).

I haven't tried RSS in a long time. Never used RO

I do use Kopernicus and rescale mods to rescale the system to 3x or 4x, which I find to be fairly well balanced with stock parts.

Thank you, I'll take a look at Smurff, but with RealScaleboosters and OPT it seems pretty good, you don't need many engines and and a 2 stages rocket with boosters can set 400T to orbit, take off weight being around 7000T

• 2 months later...

Im playing RSS/RO/RP-1, as soon as I was able to land on Mun in Stock I switched to RSS/RO, even if it was very hard. Im on Archlinux with kerbal 1.10 btw.

but now as Im good enough, I want to add principia. Problem here is, that it REALLY lags in RSS/RO.

Ive tried it before on Stock and everything was fine, but in RP-1 and RO as well it lags when I have a flightplan and go say for 10 or more days of prediction.

Question: Where can I find out, if simply my hardware is too old? Or is Principia sth. that is usually only used with RSS and without RO or RP-1 and thats why not very well working.

I have only an i7-4790K and 24GB of RAM. 

who can provide help or links to read further on that topic?

cheers, Maru.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.