[1.12.x] Stock Waterfall Effects (SWE) - A Waterfall config set for realistic rocket exhaust plumes for the stock engines

Knight of St John

Just now, ItsSnowyy said:

so i have restock and i was wondering if i could just have config for one engine the  panther and delete others it that possible?

Yes you could, you just have to delete the !Restock line in the config files.

1 minute ago, SpaceFace545 said:

Hey would it be possible to configure the jet engine waterfall plumes for restock? restock only touches the rapier and just barely so the models should be an issue. And if you aren't able to do it, how would I?

Go to the configs from, remove the !Restock line at the beginning, delete the ones that waterfall restock already affects, then install as normal.

On 5/8/2021 at 8:47 AM, Jcking said:

Go to the configs from, remove the !Restock line at the beginning, delete the ones that waterfall restock already affects, then install as normal.

Also, you may want to turn on the ingame config editor to play around with the template offsets, then copy those to the actual engine configuration.

Just saw this thread. Is this what I was talking about over here:

Isn't stock and restock waterfall FX somewhat a duplication of effort?  Can't these both be combined into a single patch using: RESTOCK and !RESTOCK MM logical?

17 hours ago, Probus said:

Isn't stock and restock waterfall FX somewhat a duplication of effort?  Can't these both be combined into a single patch using: RESTOCK and !RESTOCK MM logical?

my config or the vector is also used in restock. I could do the work to neatly fit my plumes to the restock engines, but it's a lot of work, and not very fun to do.
besides, perhaps you should ask Nertea about what plumes he wants for restock first. maybe he's not going to want to just copy mine.

On 5/8/2021 at 5:05 PM, ItsSnowyy said:

so i have restock and i was wondering if i could just have config for one engine the  panther and delete others it that possible?

you could do this. indeed like Ryan said, you will have to mess with the editor a bit to fit it nicely on different models.
and you need to delete the !restock part in the config. That should do it, unless the part config of the engine was altered more by restock than only the model.

13 hours ago, Knight of St John said:

my config or the vector is also used in restock. I could do the work to neatly fit my plumes to the restock engines, but it's a lot of work, and not very fun to do.
besides, perhaps you should ask Nertea about what plumes he wants for restock first. maybe he's not going to want to just copy mine.

you could do this. indeed like Ryan said, you will have to mess with the editor a bit to fit it nicely on different models.
and you need to delete the !restock part in the config. That should do it, unless the part config of the engine was altered more by restock than only the model.

thanks! panther's plume is so good thanks for making it!

On 5/10/2021 at 8:59 PM, Probus said:

isn't stock and restock waterfall FX somewhat a duplication of effort?  Can't these both be combined into a single patch using: RESTOCK and !RESTOCK MM logical?

It's totally possible I did exactly that with the internalRCS plumes I made. I found thou that you have to be aware that's what your doing from the start and write things accordingly. It might be because I'm mucking about with things I don't really understand. But when I decided to make it one patch I had to rewrite a bunch of it to get it work out.

Edited by snkiz

@Knight of St John

Can you also make some waterfall plumes for SRBs, so that they match the look to liquidfuel engines in terms of widening of the plume with decreasing atmospheric pressure? I'd love to see that.

I think I found a bug. Either in the config by @Knight of St John or in Waterfall itself. @Nertea : The Rapier Engines produce while starting a vessel on the run way strange wind-like reflexes around the vessel. Tested it with 4 Vessels. I coundn't screenshot it, cause these wind-like reflexes are to fast for me to capture. Also: the effect of the rapiers are very heavy load on the fps. 20 + x Rapiers really pull down the FPS-rate (no other mods installed - fps drops only, when rapiers are active)... (please don't understand as complaint but as useful input for you for further improvement)

Apart from the above mentioned: This is the greatest mod, I've ever seen. Thanks Nertea und Knight. You did a great (!!!!!!) job.

Edited by Rakete

44 minutes ago, Spaceman.Spiff said:

20+ Rapiers will do that in stock too. 

Not quite... i did a back to back comparison with / without waterfall on my system (i7 9700K (new last year), 32 Gig Ram (new last year), old Gtx 1060). Without is not as choppy. But the effects are so great, that I accept the choppiness (only other mods: Eve Redux & Spectra). But if it can be a bit more optimized and streamlined, i would really appriciate it.

But i noticed something other: vehicles created with waterfall will not load in an install without waterfall without dropping a warning message: but saving again (without waterfall seems to fix the craft file. Not sure, what waterfall writes into the craft file, as vehicles saved without installed waterfall into a waterfallized KSP install shows the nice plumes as well... so seemingly no reason to write some waterfall-things into the craft file...

Edited by Rakete

1 hour ago, Rakete said:

But i noticed something other: vehicles created with waterfall will not load in an install without waterfall without dropping a warning message: but saving again (without waterfall seems to fix the craft file. Not sure, what waterfall writes into the craft file, as vehicles saved without installed waterfall into a waterfallized KSP install shows the nice plumes as well... so seemingly no reason to write some waterfall-things into the craft file...

Do they come up with a 'missing part modules' (or something similar) message when you try to load them? Because in that case you can just hit OK and they should load fine.

Edited by RealKerbal3x

33 minutes ago, RealKerbal3x said:

Do they come up with a 'missing part modules' (or something similar) message when you try to load them? Because in that case you can just hit OK and they should load fine.

Exactly this message. The craft will just work fine (in case i want to play, and Waterfall should initially be not compatible to Ksp 1.12 or 1.13 in a few months...) ? Will then the standard plumes kick in?

8 hours ago, Rakete said:

Exactly this message. The craft will just work fine (in case i want to play, and Waterfall should initially be not compatible to Ksp 1.12 or 1.13 in a few months...) ? Will then the standard plumes kick in?

Yes, the standard plumes should show up.

1 hour ago, RealKerbal3x said:

Yes, the standard plumes should show up.

Good to know for sharing craft files with friends, who play vanilla ksp... Thx. So the missing Waterfall should not make the craftfile broken in anyway?...