[1.12.x] Stock Waterfall Effects (SWE) - A Waterfall config set for realistic rocket exhaust plumes for the stock engines

Knight of St John

On 10/21/2022 at 6:57 PM, Rakete said:

@Knight of St John

Tested your newest configs in combination with Scatterer's newest version

can confirm: The issue to be seen here has not been fixed.

wK4Fy8C.png

First reported here: 

I understood your post here, in a way, that the newest configs would contain a fix. So maybe, if you like,  you may want to have a look at the issue again? Reverted to SMAA for scatterer and Stock waterfall effect 0.5.2

Waterfall framework is the newest one installed.

Just turn off all scatterer antialiasing both taa and sma and the issue will be fixed

10 hours ago, Kerbal hunter101 said:

Just turn off all scatterer antialiasing both taa and sma and the issue will be fixed

And everything will look like it's a game from the early 2000 years. 

Smaa is okay for this issue. Taa in scatterer looks better overall, but causes flickering, which knight said will be fixed in some release. Without any Antialiasing, thats a no go for me. Thats why i use at least smaa on quality mode. Not as good as taa, but until fix of the plumes the only way for me. 

4 hours ago, Rakete said:

And everything will look like it's a game from the early 2000 years. 

Smaa is okay for this issue. Taa in scatterer looks better overall, but causes flickering, which knight said will be fixed in some release. Without any Antialiasing, thats a no go for me. Thats why i use at least smaa on quality mode. Not as good as taa, but until fix of the plumes the only way for me. 

TAA in TUFX generally works better than the one in scatterer (it doesn’t cause flickering in the UI, etc).  But it still has the engine bell artifact. Unfortunately there’s no perfect solution, you have to pick and choose what you’re willing to live with.

8 hours ago, JonnyOThan said:

TAA in TUFX generally works better than the one in scatterer (it doesn’t cause flickering in the UI, etc).  But it still has the engine bell artifact. Unfortunately there’s no perfect solution, you have to pick and choose what you’re willing to live with.

i turned off TAA in scatter and used the SMA or  FAA in TUFX and i stopped having problems @Rakete

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, modus said:

Did you look at this?

Yeah, but this is a heavy pack, requiring more dependencies. Unfortunatly there are no SRB configs requiring only Waterfall.

On 11/24/2022 at 9:55 AM, Kerbal hunter101 said:

i turned off TAA in scatter and used the SMA or  FAA in TUFX and i stopped having problems @Rakete

Didn't know, that there are also anti aliasing filters included. Cool. Is tufx having a hard impact on FPS?

Edited by Rakete

7 hours ago, Rakete said:

Yeah, but this is a heavy pack, requiring more dependencies. Unfortunatly there are no SRB configs requiring only Waterfall.

Didn't know, that there are also anti aliasing filters included. Cool. Is tufx having a hard impact on FPS?

The more dependencies is why I was asking. I’ll be using real plume whilst I wait. 

Edited by CaptWhitmire
Grammar.

Just checking, this mod should be equal or better performance compared to stock right? Without this mod installed (still with waterfall working for some modded parts), the game runs smooth for me easily, with this mod, if any ship with a stock engine is in physics range, the fps drops to about 10. More engines makes it even worse, with just 3 an in atmosphere the game becomes unplayable. Note that this is true regardless of whether the engines are activated or not AND I've already set the light and distortion effects to false in the waterfall config. Anyone else having this issue?

Nevermind, I figured it out after poking through the logs, apparently tweakscale companion causes the issues (it's version of firespitter for handling reflections is broken I guess?).  Anyways deleting tweakscale companion fixed the issue.

On 10/11/2022 at 1:29 PM, Knight of St John said:

Yes, this has been always the case for restock textured rapiers.
I think I can probably fix this... but it's more a matter of finding time and motivation for me haha.

Well if it's any help, I've been developing a Restock-exclusive variant of SWE :)

I hope that takes the some of the load off your back :grin:

For some reason in the newer versions (0.7) the rapier is completely broken. the air mode is misplaced and the closed mode is completely missing. 0.5.2 works fine. the plume is still misplaced but i can patch it myself. 0.7 doesnt even see the patch.

@PART[RAPIER]:NEEDS[Waterfall]:AFTER[WaterfallRestock]
{
    @MODULE[ModuleWaterfallFX],*
    {
        @TEMPLATE,*
        {
            @position = 0,0,-0.06
        }
    }
}

this is the patch btw. the after part is probably wrong but it still works

• 3 weeks later...

Hello there,

I have a small problem.

The normal small booster seems to work fine but the liquid swivel engine seems to be broken?

Realplume works cause theres a smoke trail but swe doesn't seem to work on the swivel engine. (theres no boost visible)

Don't have a picture of it but the sparkly little solid fuel booster works fine.

Does anyone have an idea how to fix this please?

Thanks in advance

installed mods:

Spoiler

QfkRpxO.png

no boost image

Spoiler

58vxpBj.jpeg

Edited by plakman

16 hours ago, plakman said:

Hello there,

I have a small problem.

The normal small booster seems to work fine but the liquid swivel engine seems to be broken?

Realplume works cause theres a smoke trail but swe doesn't seem to work on the swivel engine. (theres no boost visible)

Don't have a picture of it but the sparkly little solid fuel booster works fine.

Does anyone have an idea how to fix this please?

Thanks in advance

installed mods:

Hide contents

QfkRpxO.png

no boost image

Reveal hidden contents

58vxpBj.jpeg

You forgot to install the waterfall-core mod. That is the master for all of the plume effects.

Ok you're a genius -_-",

i swear i installed that before >.>

think something went wrong cause i used ckan after that because i couldn't get EVE to work lol.

thanks for this!

i do have a small issue still...
it's nothing big as the game is still running as it should but i get  these errors after installing the latest dependency aswell.

8CIPqwx.png

Edited by plakman

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/7/2023 at 4:48 AM, plakman said:

Ok you're a genius -_-",

i swear i installed that before >.>

think something went wrong cause i used ckan after that because i couldn't get EVE to work lol.

thanks for this!

i do have a small issue still...
it's nothing big as the game is still running as it should but i get  these errors after installing the latest dependency aswell.

8CIPqwx.png

@paddyproThis problem may be caused by Solid Waterfall Effects 2.4, switching to version 2.3 will solve the problem.RestockWaterfallExpansion.And if you downloaded the mod RestockWaterfallExpansion, there may be some reason for that as well.

Edited by Aebestach

How can I make my rcs plumes white instead of orange? Also when will more plume options be available? Vector and Mammoth are the only engines right now with more options. I would really love a hypergolic wolfhound plume and hypergolic terrier plume btw!

Hi!

Not sure if this is a waterfall or SWE issue, but it seems that others have had this problem too. Engine light from certain hydrolox/methalox engines such as the vector and rhino can be seen through parts. I've tried a bunch of native and scatterer anti-aliasing settings as recommended further back in the thread but that hasn't fixed it. Running on ubuntu with KSP 1.12.5, waterfall 0.9.0 and SWE 0.7.0

Any help is much appreciated!

• 5 weeks later...

Should I be worried that the Skiff plume dosent work?
Just sound, no light, visuals, anything.
For reference, I don't have any mods that should conflict with it. I've got waterfall, This, hyperedit,  and re-entry particle effect renewed. latest module manager installed. any ideas?

Oh, and I also do NOT have B9part switch on, would that cause this to happen?

Edited by Jebby Boi
To add a paragraph for context.

On 2/24/2023 at 3:21 PM, Jebby Boi said:

Should I be worried that the Skiff plume dosent work?
Just sound, no light, visuals, anything.
For reference, I don't have any mods that should conflict with it. I've got waterfall, This, hyperedit,  and re-entry particle effect renewed. latest module manager installed. any ideas?

Oh, and I also do NOT have B9part switch on, would that cause this to happen?

You need B9; can you also send screenshots and a ksp.log file?