[1.12.x] Stock Waterfall Effects (SWE) - A Waterfall config set for realistic rocket exhaust plumes for the stock engines

Knight of St John

On 10/21/2022 at 6:57 PM, Rakete said:

@Knight of St John

Tested your newest configs in combination with Scatterer's newest version

can confirm: The issue to be seen here has not been fixed.

wK4Fy8C.png

First reported here: 

I understood your post here, in a way, that the newest configs would contain a fix. So maybe, if you like,  you may want to have a look at the issue again? Reverted to SMAA for scatterer and Stock waterfall effect 0.5.2

Waterfall framework is the newest one installed.

Just turn off all scatterer antialiasing both taa and sma and the issue will be fixed

10 hours ago, Kerbal hunter101 said:

Just turn off all scatterer antialiasing both taa and sma and the issue will be fixed

And everything will look like it's a game from the early 2000 years. 

Smaa is okay for this issue. Taa in scatterer looks better overall, but causes flickering, which knight said will be fixed in some release. Without any Antialiasing, thats a no go for me. Thats why i use at least smaa on quality mode. Not as good as taa, but until fix of the plumes the only way for me. 

4 hours ago, Rakete said:

And everything will look like it's a game from the early 2000 years. 

Smaa is okay for this issue. Taa in scatterer looks better overall, but causes flickering, which knight said will be fixed in some release. Without any Antialiasing, thats a no go for me. Thats why i use at least smaa on quality mode. Not as good as taa, but until fix of the plumes the only way for me. 

TAA in TUFX generally works better than the one in scatterer (it doesn’t cause flickering in the UI, etc).  But it still has the engine bell artifact. Unfortunately there’s no perfect solution, you have to pick and choose what you’re willing to live with.

8 hours ago, JonnyOThan said:

TAA in TUFX generally works better than the one in scatterer (it doesn’t cause flickering in the UI, etc).  But it still has the engine bell artifact. Unfortunately there’s no perfect solution, you have to pick and choose what you’re willing to live with.

i turned off TAA in scatter and used the SMA or  FAA in TUFX and i stopped having problems @Rakete