I have upscaled images of Venus' surface using AI.

Astronomer

• 1 year later...
On 2/14/2021 at 2:45 PM, Astronomer said:

Before:

pWz73vs.jpg

After:

WJLmn6u.jpg

Before:

UxVWYMo.jpg

After:

T6XvNvY.jpg

Good job they look great. I must have looked at these images from the Venera lander thousands of times  in my life. Still amazes me every time. There's a real deep mystery to these images being that its the only images of the surface of venus we've Russia's ever gotten.  Its our closest celestial neighbor and yet the entire surface is yet to be actually explored. Mapped dont count lol. Im hoping some day- which I always assumed would be like...NOW...-that we can build a serious lander or rover with a mission dedicated to landing on, surviving, and exploring the surface of Venus while also having a network or relay type system of objects to feed back up data from the surface. With NASA finally just recently putting a Uranus/Ice giants mission in the future starting works maybe a Venus craft of some sort will come within the next decade or so.  Now NASA does have the DAVINCI mission that will be an atmospheric exploring mission that will drop a probe when nearing the end of its mission. But thats not even scheduled yet and had a date range of "late 2020s". With the proximity and number of launch windows available for Venus, at least thats one less problem to worry about making it a tad bit easier. Now of only we can engineer some super alloys to withstand the surface for a decade... I just love Venus and need more of it.

Edited by Astra Infinitum

A word of caution is that most of these images have already been generated by a non-artificial intelligence, i.e. they're more artist's conceptions than reality.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.