EVO | Extreme Visual Overhaul for RSS | Beta 0.3 "Mostly Stable"

ItsJustLuci

SFg9037.png

Extreme Visual Overhaul for Real Solar System

bqhVudG.jpghIRQyH2.pnggfvKVQI.pngul8hKER.png8UTzWJl.png3MbRgZE.pngwXYJYkV.png

Hello,

This is EVO, a visual overhaul for Real Solar System aimed at providing stunning visuals while offering great performance. EVO is a spiritual successor to @pingopete's RVE 64k project, and is meant to offer a similar level of visual
fidelity, while offering more performance oriented options as well. EVO will also be open to contributions, ideally remaining a never quite finished project for the next few years. I was inspired to make this pack after seeing great
breakthroughs in visuals for stock and modded systems, as well as errors when using some of my old favorites (such as RVE 64k) in newer versions.
――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――
So far EVO adds the following:

• An almost no compromise combination of RVE64k and RSSVE
  • 32k, 48k, and 64k Land Texture options, modified from RVE 64k
  • New Ocean and Atmosphere configs for Earth
  • New 32k 48k City Lights from Space Engine, with a new 8k City ground texture based on satellite imagery
  • New Mars Textures
  • Boot-prints for some celestial bodies
  • A new Sunflare from @Avera9eJoe's beautiful Spectra Visual Compendium
  •  Scatterer 0.07 support, alongside Godrays and Wave Collisions
  • An Optional TUFX Preset, based on RVE64k's legendary KS3P preset
  • Fog to Venus and Titan
  • Dust Storms to Mars
  • Auroras to Jupiter
  • Hexagon Storms to Saturn
  • Geysers to Enceladus
  • Lava on IO
  • Much more...

――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――

Troubleshooting/FAQ PLEASE READ: 

• The Lights aren't showing up/ look off press alt+0, push the arrow in the EVE menu to go to textures and hit apply, go to city lights and hit apply, and if the terrain now looks off press alt+11 and map EVE clouds.
  • The terrain is white/invisible! 99% of the time, this is due to an improper install, read the directions. Seriously. if that doesn't work, attempt the fix above as it often fixes that issue as well
  • When is the next update coming? when it comes. I am in college, working a job, and streaming 2x per week alongside working on CH4 (soon) so be patient and enjoy the screenshots <3 

Dependencies:

Scatterer

Environmental Visual Enhancement

Real Solar System

Incompatibilities: RSSVE, RVE64k

WARNING
as of right now, Kopernicus Bleeding Edge is not meant to be used in Normal Play, it is no longer recommended for use with this mod.

Licensing: EVO is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International (CC BY-NC-SA 4.0), so you are free to redistribute, modify and copy the contents of the mod so long as you attribute and credit the appropriate author(s),
remain non-commercial and distribute it under the same license (CC BY-NC-SA 4.0)
City Lights textures, and other textures labeled in the mod as space engine assets are NOT licensed under the above license and are being used at the permission of the space engine team DO NOT REDISTRIBUTE

Credits:

@blackrack -
Scatterer

• Adds better oceans and atmospheres to planets

@JadeOfMaar -Sunflares of Maar

@Waz - Environmental Visual Enhancements

• Adds tons of visual capabilities, far too many to list here

@pingopete - RVE64K

@tony48 - KSRSS(VE)

• Adds a whole lot of configs that mine are derived from, from snow to lava and much more

@G'th -AD ASTRA

• I used their aurora textures and hexagon storm as they are easily the best I have ever seen

@Theysen - RSSVE

@Vabien - Kopernicus Expansion Continued-er

• Adds the ability for bootprints, alongside many, many other things

@Shadowmage - TUFX

• Post Processing for KSP

Special Thanks to:

@jrodriguez for offering multiple textures, and input on the project
@Jceratops for helping test the mod
@pingopete for inspiring this project, and teaching me so  much
@Avera9eJoefor showing me cool things that EVE is capable of

Download: Github

Enjoy the mod, and feel free to offer contributions and suggestions,

Z6htdd4.png

Edited by ItsJustLuci
added a warning

18 minutes ago, ItsJustLuci said:

Permanent Boot-prints for some celestial bodies

Ah, not quite. Boot-prints aren't saved to any file. Definitely something I might do in future, but for now they despawn outside render distance. Cool looking mod-pack tho!

Just now, Vabien said:

Ah, not quite. Boot-prints aren't saved to any file. Definitely something I might do in future, but for now they despawn outside render distance. Cool looking mod-pack tho!

ah cheers, thought they were permenant, probably better for my save that they aren't XD will go fix

wow Luci, this looks awesome!!! congratulations for the release!

qq, is this compatible with RSS installs under KSP 1.8.1? I noted the disclaimer re Kopernicus Bleeding Edge but I couldnt quite get if this only affects footprints or the overall mod.

Anyhow thanks a million for this!

2 minutes ago, hypervelocity said:

wow Luci, this looks awesome!!! congratulations for the release!

qq, is this compatible with RSS installs under KSP 1.8.1? I noted the disclaimer re Kopernicus Bleeding Edge but I couldnt quite get if this only affects footprints or the overall mod.

Anyhow thanks a million for this!

It was tested only on 1.10 and I honestly dont think that it's gonna work on older version than 1.8.1. since also 1.8.1. might be broken so I reccomend you to get 1.8.1 or newer.

1 minute ago, D0m1nu2 said:

It was tested only on 1.10 and I honestly dont think that it's gonna work on older version than 1.8.1. since also 1.8.1. might be broken so I reccomend you to get 1.8.1 or newer.

i am asking about compatibility with 1.8.1 i did not mention older versions

So you guys run this on RSS on KSP 1.11.1?? How do you like it??

Looks intriguing. Haven't built a new full scale RSS install since 1.2.2.  Maybe it's time to update after all.

And, could this work on downscaled systems too??

cheers

I installed the 64k version of EVO but had some issues with it; uninstalling RSSVE fixed some of those, but a few have persisted:

KAt8Hpb.png

City lights at Cape Canaveral. There were also city textures during the day with RSSVE installed, but not any more- I'm not sure if that's intended or not.

aGaOxPe.png

This very conspicuous grid pattern in the city lights is particularly bad across the eastern half of the USA, but is visible in other places e.g. China, Europe and for some reason the northern coastline of Siberia(?). Is this intended behaviour or is something wrong? I tried applying the EVE settings but managed to break it entirely, eventually they came back but still looked like this.

kY18t6P.png

No sunflare from the Sun in any view I've tried so far- KSC, tracking station or flight.

I'm running RSS/RO/RP-1 in KSP 1.11.1 with the latest versions of EVE (redux 1.11.2.1) and scatterer (0.0723) as installed by CKAN, can provide logs and a mod list if you need them.

Aside from these issues, I really like this mod- it looks so much better than before!

y00jZ2V.png

MouhUIU.png

2LbAlMK.png

8 hours ago, D0m1nu2 said:

8 hours ago, hypervelocity said:

i am asking about compatibility with 1.8.1 i did not mention older versions

it works in 1.8.1 for some, my recommendation is to download the latest scatterer and EVE,  along w kopernicus bleeding edge and give it a shot but backup first... 1.10 is officially supported, but it should be back compatible according to some testers

3 hours ago, jimmymcgoochie said:

I installed the 64k version of EVO but had some issues with it; uninstalling RSSVE fixed some of those, but a few have persisted:

KAt8Hpb.png

City lights at Cape Canaveral. There were also city textures during the day with RSSVE installed, but not any more- I'm not sure if that's intended or not.

aGaOxPe.png

This very conspicuous grid pattern in the city lights is particularly bad across the eastern half of the USA, but is visible in other places e.g. China, Europe and for some reason the northern coastline of Siberia(?). Is this intended behaviour or is something wrong? I tried applying the EVE settings but managed to break it entirely, eventually they came back but still looked like this.

kY18t6P.png

No sunflare from the Sun in any view I've tried so far- KSC, tracking station or flight.

I'm running RSS/RO/RP-1 in KSP 1.11.1 with the latest versions of EVE (redux 1.11.2.1) and scatterer (0.0723) as installed by CKAN, can provide logs and a mod list if you need them.

Aside from these issues, I really like this mod- it looks so much better than before!

y00jZ2V.png

MouhUIU.png

2LbAlMK.png

as far as the sunflare, it's a known issue, I need to replace a file (I forgot to fix when renaming the main folder, used rssve as a base)  but for now if you want to you can replace RSSVE with EVO in the EVO/Configs/Scatterer_Configs/Sun/Sunflares/Sunflare.cfg file :) as far as the lights are concerned, I need to touch up the map a bit, and I am going to likely have a new city day texture thanks to @Katniss218 soon-ish

PS: sorry for the delayed response, livestreaming on twitch today

Edited by ItsJustLuci
adding ps

Manual install and it worked.

Spoiler

EVO32k - 2k Display - GTX1060 - i7-10700 - 16Go

tSiswnH.png

LnpUAo4.jpg

(note: yes i'm using Raptor SL x3 in one to reduce lag, same twr)

It looks better than raw RSSRO and works at first try.

But :

- it pumps 1.6Go RAM and 1Go G-RAM and Cpu load is heavier (i guess normal), FPS stay ok not a big difference.

- ground is full of lights during the night. (KSC looks like it's in hell). edit ok i see the fix

- yellow dense fog was the first layer during an ascent ?? (it looked weird)

- a little too green and pink (or colors a little exaggerated)

I will keep it obviously, i will find a way to tweak (reduce RAM and G-RAM mostly) for my hardware.

Thanks.

Edited by xebx

1 minute ago, xebx said:

Manual install and it worked.

Hide contents

tSiswnH.png

LnpUAo4.jpg

EVO32k - 2k Display - GTX1060 - i7-10700 - 16Go

It looks a lot better than raw RSSRO and works at first try.

But :

- it pumps 2Go RAM and 1Go G-RAM and Cpu load is heavier (i guess normal/inevitable), FPS stay ok not a big difference.

- ground full of lights during the night. (KSC looks like it's in hell). edit ok i see the fix

- yellow dense fog was the first layer during an ascent ?? (it looked weird)

- a little too green and pink (or too much saturation)

I will keep it obviously, i will find a way to tweak (reduce RAM and G-RAM mostly) for my hardware.

huh? i used spectra in stock system and this runs better than that

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.