EVO | Extreme Visual Overhaul for RSS | Beta 0.3 "Mostly Stable"

ItsJustLuci

On 2/20/2021 at 3:21 AM, ItsJustLuci said:

416u7nl.png

(Photos shot from approximately 504 km with the new 0.1b TUFX preset active)

Ahoi there... I have been obsessing over this image for a few days now. Could you or anyone please identify where that area is? Panama? It's not exactly Florida either...

23 hours ago, claustro said:

Ahoi there... I have been obsessing over this image for a few days now. Could you or anyone please identify where that area is? Panama? It's not exactly Florida either...

why thank you :valblush:I am really bad with geography sadly so I have no clue :valjoy: but you can see auroras so it'd likely be far north or south... my bet is northern europe?

I guess i've found a typo in "EVO\Configs\EVE_Configs\Textures.cfg" :

In Object EarthLand,

"texXn = EVO/Textures/MainTextures/EarthLand/EarthLandXn"

when it should be

"texXn = EVO/Textures/MainTextures/EarthLand/Xn"

Same with Xp, Yn, Yp, Zn, Zp.

Now the land from space in my KSP RSSROEVO looks similar to mod-creator screenshots. (and EarthLand texture is not red marked in the EVE menu)

I've done a few tests by deactivating parts of the mod, and it already looks very good just with EVE.

And this confirms my previous feeling : EVE config is ok (after fix), and scatterer config may need some tuning, imo 10x less intense to put it simply.

Also is it possible to not see the skybox when i'm not in the shadow of a planet, i shouldn't see the skybox when i'm in plain sun in space. (relative luminosity)

(edit) well it's a little more complicated than that, it depends on if i'm in a spacecraft or outside in a spacesuit, and if i'm looking toward the sun/with luminous planet nearby, or if i'm looking toward the opposite of the sun without anything luminous nearby. Let's leave it as it is.

Maybe a dim effect when the skybox appears during ascent, because currently it looks like it pops out of nowhere. (in KSP stock)

Edited by xebx

5 hours ago, xebx said:

I guess i've found a typo in "EVO\Configs\EVE_Configs\Textures.cfg" :

In Object EarthLand,

"texXn = EVO/Textures/MainTextures/EarthLand/EarthLandXn"

when it should be

"texXn = EVO/Textures/MainTextures/EarthLand/Xn"

Same with Xp, Yn, Yp, Zn, Zp.

Now the land from space in my KSP RSSROEVO looks similar to mod-creator screenshots. (and EarthLand texture is not red marked in the EVE menu)

I've done a few tests by deactivating parts of the mod, and it already looks very good just with EVE.

And this confirms my previous feeling : EVE config is ok (after fix), and scatterer config may need some tuning, imo 10x less intense to put it simply.

Also is it possible to not see the skybox when i'm not in the shadow of a planet, i shouldn't see the skybox when i'm in plain sun in space. (relative luminosity)

(edit) well it's a little more complicated than that, it depends on if i'm in a spacecraft or outside in a spacesuit, and if i'm looking toward the sun/with luminous planet nearby, or if i'm looking toward the opposite of the sun without anything luminous nearby. Let's leave it as it is.

Maybe a dim effect when the skybox appears during ascent, because currently it looks like it pops out of nowhere. (in KSP stock)

D'oh! it's bc I renamed mine EarthLandXn, while pingo used Xn... will rename all 3 versions to the same EarthLandXn in v0.2... speaking of which...

UPDATE TIME!
ok, I am working on getting a bunch of configs made derived from KSRSSVE, including some of the following:
snow, lava on io, geysers on multiple planets, dust on multiple planets, and maybe rain so far I have geysers and snow... and I think y'all'd like to see, so here goes!

grabiJL.jpgGJFcaCZ.jpg

here are some shots of snow over the arctic circle! I'm really happy w how this turned out, but I'm working on making it thicker and whiter.

w2ZT0Qm.pngvO8srFl.png

and here are some geysers shot at ~5km off the surface of enceladus, currently the only planet with working geysers w multiple planned for α-v0.2
Tis all for now, cheers and enjoy the pretty pics :D

-It's Just Luci

Edited by ItsJustLuci
format fix

On 2/24/2021 at 10:01 PM, ItsJustLuci said:

D'oh! it's bc I renamed mine EarthLandXn, while pingo used Xn... will rename all 3 versions to the same EarthLandXn in v0.2... speaking of which...

UPDATE TIME!
ok, I am working on getting a bunch of configs made derived from KSRSSVE, including some of the following:
snow, lava on io, geysers on multiple planets, dust on multiple planets, and maybe rain so far I have geysers and snow... and I think y'all'd like to see, so here goes!

grabiJL.jpgGJFcaCZ.jpg

here are some shots of snow over the arctic circle! I'm really happy w how this turned out, but I'm working on making it thicker and whiter.

w2ZT0Qm.pngvO8srFl.png

and here are some geysers shot at ~5km off the surface of enceladus, currently the only planet with working geysers w multiple planned for α-v0.2
Tis all for now, cheers and enjoy the pretty pics :D

-It's Just Luci

how did i not see this

On 2/27/2021 at 5:12 PM, Rocketry101 said:

quick reply :) Also when version 0.2 planned to relasese? (you should work on ksp 2 visuals

I'm in university right now, so whenever I have time to get fixes implemented, and yes I would absolutely love to mod KSP2 once RSS is ported over (I don't like stock frankly)

Edit: Quick reply because I live here... 2 doors down actually :) in all actuality I just have forum notifications on as I play a LOT of ksp

Edited by ItsJustLuci

8 hours ago, Spaceman.Spiff said:

It's a meme

yeah i know but i want o know the advantages of having this mod because it was already extremely frustrating to get rssve to work with my 1.8.1 save, what qualities does this mod have that can make me switch over to this mod

2 hours ago, Probro said:

yeah i know but i want o know the advantages of having this mod because it was already extremely frustrating to get rssve to work with my 1.8.1 save, what qualities does this mod have that can make me switch over to this mod

RSSVE:
has Clouds
uses Scatterer
EVO:
Has footprints with Kopernicus Expansion, clouds with EVE, and best of all, Amazing Scatterer configs.

8 hours ago, kylelander said:

RSSVE:
has Clouds
uses Scatterer
EVO:
Has footprints with Kopernicus Expansion, clouds with EVE, and best of all, Amazing Scatterer configs.

will i need kopernicus to run this mod, also will i also need to use scatterer and eve as a vital extention to run this mod?

10 hours ago, kylelander said:

RSSVE:
has Clouds
uses Scatterer
EVO:

im gonna need a tutorial to download this mod because im not really good with handling mods like these

2 hours ago, Probro said:

will i need kopernicus to run this mod, also will i also need to use scatterer and eve as a vital extention to run this mod?

Do you have Real Solar System?

This mod is only for that mod.

If you have RSS then you must have Kopernicus. 

And yes, without Scatterer and EVE, this mod would not function. That is why they are listed as dependecies.

Please read the OP before asking questions like this.

It answers all of them

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.