EVO | Extreme Visual Overhaul for RSS | Beta 0.3 "Mostly Stable"

ItsJustLuci

16 hours ago, hypervelocity said:

wow Luci, this looks awesome!!! congratulations for the release!

qq, is this compatible with RSS installs under KSP 1.8.1? I noted the disclaimer re Kopernicus Bleeding Edge but I couldnt quite get if this only affects footprints or the overall mod.

Anyhow thanks a million for this!

works fine in 1.8.1

19 hours ago, Rocketry101 said:

huh? i used spectra in stock system and this runs better than that

with the ram still better than all consuming rve which can easily eat 19 gb of ram

i dont really know that sicne i have katniss cape

yeah that looks weird to me also

i fix that with tufx :)

Are there supposed to be land textures over the actual continents that we've seen in previous versions of RVE? I am running this on 1.8 and so far I am not seeing them, but the lights, clouds, and aurorae are still there.

Edited by Hayhaa

15 hours ago, Hayhaa said:

Are there supposed to be land textures over the actual continents that we've seen in previous versions of RVE? I am running this on 1.8 and so far I am not seeing them, but the lights, clouds, and aurorae are still there.

somehow they dont seem to work in the mod yet

23 hours ago, Rocketry101 said:

why earth night side look like this: 

ADx1w88.pngreal ugly glow please can you tell me how to fix i dont have any other visual mod and i have rss 8K textures . I think scatter default config is in the way

any other visual mods in your game?

also what ksp version are you on? and what scatterer version?

1 hour ago, Dafni said:

Even though my first two questions here in this thread are unanswered so far, I'd like to throw in a third one:

What about ring-shadows? Any way to enable them?

Again, many thanks in advance!

Daf

in scatterer settings there is option of ´ kopernicus ring shadows ´ turn that on and u should be fine 

Thank you Luci for your work! I've managed to get a 1.10 install going and just checked out the mod and I gotta say this is looking good!

The only thing I could not have it to run properly is the sunflare :( I edited EVO\Configs\Scatterer_Configs\Sun\Sunflares\Sunflare.cfg as follows but I get the below - I don't think it should look this way (small white circle at the centre of the flare)

@assetPath = EVO/Configs/Scatterer_Configs/Sun/Sunflares/Flares

Untitled.png

I have also noticed some white artifacts popping up here and there when flying into orbit but nothing gamebreaking (not referring to the lightning strikes... those are cool but sometimes popping in weird places i.e. where there are no clouds) 

Edited by hypervelocity

7 hours ago, hypervelocity said:

Thank you Luci for your work! I've managed to get a 1.10 install going and just checked out the mod and I gotta say this is looking good!

The only thing I could not have it to run properly is the sunflare :( I edited EVO\Configs\Scatterer_Configs\Sun\Sunflares\Sunflare.cfg as follows but I get the below - I don't think it should look this way (small white circle at the centre of the flare)

@assetPath = EVO/Configs/Scatterer_Configs/Sun/Sunflares/Flares

Untitled.png

I have also noticed some white artifacts popping up here and there when flying into orbit but nothing gamebreaking (not referring to the lightning strikes... those are cool but sometimes popping in weird places i.e. where there are no clouds) 

those flashes are lightning, once I get time I will likely redo them, but I am experimenting w it and possibly trying to do some other natural and manmade atmospheric phenomena 

I like the lightning, but it isn't tied to the cloud positions so I sometimes see lightning flashes in clear blue sky. I also think that there's too much green in the atmosphere, particularly at the terminator; seeing the sky turn yellow/orange/red is fine, but I don't remember ever seeing a green sky during a sunrise or sunset!

yeah... there's def some weirdness w the sky... thing is that I copied the configd from rssve, so I am quite confused about what exactly is going on... 

Just now, jimmymcgoochie said:

I like the lightning, but it isn't tied to the cloud positions so I sometimes see lightning flashes in clear blue sky. I also think that there's too much green in the atmosphere, particularly at the terminator; seeing the sky turn yellow/orange/red is fine, but I don't remember ever seeing a green sky during a sunrise or sunset!

Update 0.1b is live on github, mostly bugfixes but here are some pics, please refer to the patch notes for more details

WyYEICr.jpgMD2QW68.jpg416u7nl.png

(Photos shot from approximately 504 km with the new 0.1b TUFX preset active)

On 2/18/2021 at 3:49 PM, jimmymcgoochie said:

sunsets fixed in the newest patch :)

On 2/17/2021 at 11:49 PM, Dafni said:

Even though my first two questions here in this thread are unanswered so far, I'd like to throw in a third one:

What about ring-shadows? Any way to enable them?

Again, many thanks in advance!

Daf

in regards to the light curves, this might be TUFX related, idk. and ring shadows might require a patch in the 0.2 update, will write that down. what was your third question sorry?

On 2/16/2021 at 11:55 PM, Hayhaa said:

yes, they are supposed to. if you don't see them my recommendation is to press left alt+0 go to clouds and click apply, this will rebuild the scaled space and clouds, as these land textures are technically "clouds" and sometimes they seem to get caught and not pop-in correctly (possibly bc of all the other things going on in the bg, idk)

Edited by ItsJustLuci
add link for convenience sake

On 2/16/2021 at 11:52 PM, Dafni said:

Is there a way to tune down the light curve of the sun? My Jupiter seems more illuminated than Mercury. Everything far out just looks way too bright.

Thanks in advance!

actually just found the solution: press left-alt+0, go to clouds and hit apply. a lot of the time EVE just needs a little kick to get it working, sadly EVO is no exception :) 

4 hours ago, ItsJustLuci said:

in regards to the light curves, this might be TUFX related, idk. and ring shadows might require a patch in the 0.2 update, will write that down. what was your third question sorry?

Thank you. I got the other one figured out now. thanks a ton. I appreciat your time!

awesome mod, thanks mate. Keep it up.

Thank you @ItsJustLuci, looking better and better!

Just one quick one: is it me that I can't see the new TUFX 0.1b config in the package ? I don't see the TUFX contents bundled with the 0.1b release

EDIT: further testing, love what you did with the terminator and sunrise/sky colour! just lovely!

Edited by hypervelocity

@ItsJustLuci Downloaded and installed EVO 0.1b but I don't see any aurorae anywhere (likewise with 0.1a), the city lights across NA are still too obviously tiled for my liking and the scatterer atmosphere effects don't seem to be working right, the sky looks washed out and dull compared to 0.1a.

Edit- The TUFX config that comes with EVO just makes everything horribly blurry for me, is that meant to happen?

Unrelated, it appears EVO and Titan don't get along together at all:

Ajay3W6.png

Edited by jimmymcgoochie
A couple more issues found after more gameplay

I'm getting the loading screen of death 

Mod List:

Environmental Visual Enhancement REDUX

EVO

Kopernicus (RTB 'bleeding edge' newest release)

Kopernicus (expansion)

KSCswitcher

ModularFlightIntegrator

RealSolarSystem

RSSDateTime

RSS-Textures

scatterer

Module Manager 4.1.4

KSP refuses to load after doing the beginning initialization. Will load all textures/asset/ anything from the game data folder and then sit on a black screen with the loading rectangle in the bottom corner. KSP refuses to load after that.

Edited by Fundati
trying to identify permanent load issue

2 hours ago, Fundati said:

I'm getting the loading screen of death 

Mod List:

Environmental Visual Enhancement REDUX

EVO

Kopernicus (RTB 'bleeding edge' newest release)

Kopernicus (expansion)

KSCswitcher

ModularFlightIntegrator

RealSolarSystem

RSSDateTime

RSS-Textures

scatterer

Module Manager 4.1.4

KSP refuses to load after doing the beginning initialization. Will load all textures/asset/ anything from the game data folder and then sit on a black screen with the loading rectangle in the bottom corner. KSP refuses to load after that.

tbh without a log, I can't help you, sorry 

Nice work with the last update :

The first cloud layer looks better during ascent (tested two launch sites at different hours).

Colors are less exaggerated now imho, it's very close to real.

Maybe there is a little too much shiny white covering earth, i give an example :

EVO32k - Display 2k - 200km

IzoPVV8.png

Now if you compare to it for example : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFyGNeJqH3w&t=40 (yes it's a little blurry but it gives a good idea for colors/deep blue/white/landscape)

In the previous/first release, you could clearly see the nice blue of the sea, now it's too much covered.

How can i deactivate lightnings ? i've removed the two lightning entries in EVE (alt+0) cloud menu, but i still see some lightnings here and there, even in the tracking station i can see what looks like glitches/lightnings.

(edit) it looks like i didn't hit apply correctly, now i don't see the lightnings after removing them, but i noticed something :

After going in and out of the Tracking Station, you need to apply (alt+0, cloud menu) each time. (probably related to old TS glitches)

Thanks.

Edited by xebx

On 2/21/2021 at 12:55 PM, xebx said:

Nice work with the last update :

The first cloud layer looks better during ascent (tested two launch sites at different hours).

Colors are less exaggerated now imho, it's very close to real.

Maybe there is a little too much shiny white covering earth, i give an example :

EVO32k - Display 2k - 200km

IzoPVV8.png

Now if you compare to it for example : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFyGNeJqH3w&t=40 (yes it's a little blurry but it gives a good idea for colors/deep blue/white/landscape)

In the previous/first release, you could clearly see the nice blue of the sea, now it's too much covered.

How can i deactivate lightnings ? i've removed the two lightning entries in EVE (alt+0) cloud menu, but i still see some lightnings here and there, even in the tracking station i can see what looks like glitches/lightnings.

(edit) it looks like i didn't hit apply correctly, now i don't see the lightnings after removing them, but i noticed something :

After going in and out of the Tracking Station, you need to apply (alt+0, cloud menu) each time. (probably related to old TS glitches)

Thanks.

I actually just found a way to accomplish exactly what I want... it involves making the atmosphere a bit thicker at lower altitudes, and making it much thinner by ~400 or 500km, I think this will accomplish the most realistic visuals but I have to test it

On 2/20/2021 at 8:12 AM, jimmymcgoochie said:

@ItsJustLuci Downloaded and installed EVO 0.1b but I don't see any aurorae anywhere (likewise with 0.1a), the city lights across NA are still too obviously tiled for my liking and the scatterer atmosphere effects don't seem to be working right, the sky looks washed out and dull compared to 0.1a.

Edit- The TUFX config that comes with EVO just makes everything horribly blurry for me, is that meant to happen?

Unrelated, it appears EVO and Titan don't get along together at all:

Ajay3W6.png

titan is... painful rn. idk what the issue is. as far as the tiling, that is innevitable. the way EVE does things means this is going to be an issue if you want any level of detail sadly. If you want to lessen the effect, go into EV's menu (alt+0) and mess w the _CityOverlayDetailScale and lmk if you find one that fits your taste better, I'd be happy if someone can find a better scale to be entirely honest

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.