EVO | Extreme Visual Overhaul for RSS | Beta 0.3 "Mostly Stable"

ItsJustLuci

15 hours ago, Doc Shaftoe said:

@Rocketry101 You'll need to make sure that all of the planet configs have "allowFootprints = true" under the PQS section. Either that or you'll need to write yourself a little MM patch to add it to the planetary bodies. I feel your pain with getting footprints to work, it's sort of an obscure process to figure it all out.

where is PQs section. Anyways thx for help

The PQS section of the Kopernicus planet config. Mars and the Moon have MM patches to add footprints bundled with this mod.

Here's the patch for the Moon. Both patches should be in EVO/Configs/Misc_Configs/Kopernicus. If you want to add footprints to other bodies, just copy this code and change the body name. 

Spoiler

@Kopernicus:AFTER[Kopernicus]
{
    @Body[Moon]
    {
        @PQS
        {
            allowFootprints = true
        }
    }
}

Do you have the Kopernicus Expansion footprints plugin? The mod's been broken up into separate plugins so there's a chance you may not have the plugin that you need. Just in case, this is the footprints file

Hope this helps!

3 hours ago, Doc Shaftoe said:

The PQS section of the Kopernicus planet config. Mars and the Moon have MM patches to add footprints bundled with this mod.

Here's the patch for the Moon. Both patches should be in EVO/Configs/Misc_Configs/Kopernicus. If you want to add footprints to other bodies, just copy this code and change the body name. 

Reveal hidden contents

@Kopernicus:AFTER[Kopernicus]
{
    @Body[Moon]
    {
        @PQS
        {
            allowFootprints = true
        }
    }
}

Do you have the Kopernicus Expansion footprints plugin? The mod's been broken up into separate plugins so there's a chance you may not have the plugin that you need. Just in case, this is the footprints file

Hope this helps!

i already saw the configs but footprints down show up, it also says i have the plugins, must be some loading issue. (or i need to move the configs to RSS folder? Please tell me which to do) Thanks for help!

Edited by Rocketry101

Huh. Did you download the plugin from Kopernicus Extension or Kopernicus Extension Continued-er? If you got the plugin from the former, it might not be updated for the current KSP.

I don't know what to tell you other than that. ModuleManager patches don't need to be in specific locations to work as long as they're within your Game Data folder. Worst case scenario you can try adding the "allowFootprints = true" section to the RSS planet configs. 

Good luck getting your footprints working!

26 minutes ago, StarExplorerNeptune said:

2021-03-29_1.png

I'm still having this issue, can anyone help me?

All of its dependencies are up to date, and I have kopernicus, not kopernicus bleeding edge

Hmm i dont know what this issue is. Have any conflicting visual mods such as RSSVE and RVE64K? Maybe trying reinstalling? Or maybe the ice age occurred? (the ice age thing is a joke BTW)

22 hours ago, StarExplorerNeptune said:

Is it fine to use kopernicus planetary modifier, instead of kopernicus bleeding edge?

Answer to this is Yes but bootprints wont show up 

46 minutes ago, Rocketry101 said:

Hmm i dont know what this issue is. Have any conflicting visual mods such as RSSVE and RVE64K? Maybe trying reinstalling? Or maybe the ice age occurred? (the ice age thing is a joke BTW)

I do not have RSSVE OR RVE64K, Is there a way I could send you my ksp log? Discord is a option.

Not only does it look like the ice age, when I turn my camera, I get flickering issues. Previous to this I did have RSSVE, but uninstalled it before installing EVO.

Edited by StarExplorerNeptune

12 hours ago, StarExplorerNeptune said:

I do not have RSSVE OR RVE64K, Is there a way I could send you my ksp log? Discord is a option.

Not only does it look like the ice age, when I turn my camera, I get flickering issues. Previous to this I did have RSSVE, but uninstalled it before installing EVO.

Hmm, logs can be send here i dont have discord.

Just now, StarExplorerNeptune said:

@Rocketry101How do I send a ksp log in here?

you'd drop it in google drive and link that here... kopernicus BE isn't "required" but for bootprints (which apparently aren't working atm anyway) you'll need it 

to be honest, it looks as if the land textures aren't loading at all and it may be a memory issue? how much ram do you have? what resolution of evo are you using? and have you tried pressing alt+0, going to clouds and hitting apply?

Edited by ItsJustLuci
adding possible reasons?

4 minutes ago, ItsJustLuci said:

you'd drop it in google drive and link that here... kopernicus BE isn't "required" but for bootprints (which apparently aren't working atm anyway) you'll need it 

ok, let me get it

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1lRbAQgHiOHEo2Mu57x_7la1N6mmwZmR_/view?usp=sharing here is my link @ItsJustLuci

Edited by StarExplorerNeptune

Just now, StarExplorerNeptune said:

cool deal, good news and bad news... figured out why the bootprints aren't showing up, but I'll have to pull-request RSS, so it'll take time

8 minutes ago, ItsJustLuci said:

to be honest, it looks as if the land textures aren't loading at all and it may be a memory issue? how much ram do you have? what resolution of evo are you using? and have you tried pressing alt+0, going to clouds and hitting apply?

16 gigs of ram, 32K EVO, and I have hit apply on the clouds

13 minutes ago, ItsJustLuci said:

figured out why the bootprints aren't showing up, but I'll have to pull-request RSS, so it'll take time

Yay you found footprints issue YAY YAY now will be fixed eventually yay yay. In meantime Boy does EVO+EVO Tufx preset look so good tWvRl3i.png

And: (Top picture is IVA from Orion around Low lunar orbit looking at earth. Below is the same picture but external view looking at earth again)4TaJwYd.png

Edited by Rocketry101

7 minutes ago, StarExplorerNeptune said:

I'm in, there are hundreds of errors, but nothing with the EarthLand scaled space except maybe that it's missing a bump map?

I guess you can try and remove line 808 from EVO/Configs/EVE_Configs/Clouds.cfg

it should look like this:             _BumpScale = 0.3

but again that's not causing issues on my end... :valsad:

9 minutes ago, ItsJustLuci said:

I'm in, there are hundreds of errors, but nothing with the EarthLand scaled space except maybe that it's missing a bump map?

I guess you can try and remove line 808 from EVO/Configs/EVE_Configs/Clouds.cfg

it should look like this:             _BumpScale = 0.3

but again that's not causing issues on my end... :valsad:

ok I deleted line 808

33 minutes ago, Rocketry101 said:

Yay you found footprints issue YAY YAY now will be fixed eventually yay yay. In meantime Boy does EVO+EVO Tufx preset look so good tWvRl3i.png

And: (Top picture is IVA from Orion around Low lunar orbit looking at earth. Below is the same picture but external view looking at earth again)4TaJwYd.png

pull request submitted, for now if you want you can download my clone of RSS v18.1.4 here: https://github.com/Its-Just-Luci/RealSolarSystem

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.