EVO | Extreme Visual Overhaul for RSS | Beta 0.3 "Mostly Stable"

ItsJustLuci

On 3/22/2021 at 2:35 PM, ItsJustLuci said:

1. when it is ready.
2. this problem is likely because you don't have the required mods... review the install instructions and make sure you have kopernicus expansion continueder

no, it is in an optional folder in the latest release

I ain't seeing it in the release files. What's the exact path?

17 hours ago, planeguy868 said:

I ain't seeing it in the release files. What's the exact path?

Evo32k.zip/Optional - TUFX/

On 3/23/2021 at 10:27 AM, Minmus Taster said:

Thank you.

yeah, this will be fixed in the 0.2 release... originally I was working with RSSVE, trying to get everything from the other visual mods integrated into it and redo some of the atmos. I had to go adjust all the file paths when I pushed for release, and it seems I missed a few :P

3 hours ago, ItsJustLuci said:

Evo32k.zip/Optional - TUFX/

yeah, this will be fixed in the 0.2 release... originally I was working with RSSVE, trying to get everything from the other visual mods integrated into it and redo some of the atmos. I had to go adjust all the file paths when I pushed for release, and it seems I missed a few :P

I'm not seeing any Optional folders in any of the release .zip files. Moreso, I searched the entire Git repository and couldn't find the configs. Am I going crazy and looking in the wrong place?

tImYYuz.png
It is time. EVO 0.2 is ready.

Download from: Github

More Images in the release Album: HERE

pNVIAD7.jpgd22vQtZ.jpg
MTROeUs.pngVxd3CCC.png
SUsYhHl.png
EVO 0.2 "Hammar Lacus"

New Features:

• Added Fog to Venus and Titan thanks to Tony48's KSRSSVE
• Added Dust to Mars thanks to Tony48's KSRSSVE
• Redid Earth's Atmosphere to be more realistic and aesthetic
• Added Auroras to Jupiter
• Added a Hexagon to Saturn using textures from AVP by themaster401
• Added New City Lights Cubemap from Space Engine HD (these are not licensed under the share-alike license! Contact the SE team like I did)
• Added New City Lights Surface Texture
• Added Geysers to Enceladus
• Added Lava (Repurposed City Lights) to IO

BUGFIXES:

• Fixed Titans Atmosphere
• Fixed Land textures not showing up in 64k
• Removed Auroras from Earth, as they were causing problems with the Land Cubemaps (plan to add back later)

Known Bugs:

• Blue hexagon appearing on the ground at low altitudes (this has been fixed in my local copy by lowering the altitude of the scaledSpace to -1, expect this to be gone in hotfix 0.2a)
  • Small holes in the scaledSpace (land textures) when viewed from just above 140km (no clue about this one, if you find a fix drop it here please)
  • Some users reporting blue clouds at the terminator
  • Even when the sun is not visible, there is a noticeable yellow-orange hue to the edge of the atmosphere

I really hope you enjoy, everything is starting to get really stable... let me know if you have any questions.
Until Later o7
Z6htdd4.png

Edited by ItsJustLuci
Bugs

6 hours ago, ItsJustLuci said:

tImYYuz.png
It is time. EVO 0.2 is ready.

Download from: Github

More Images in the release Album: HERE

pNVIAD7.jpgd22vQtZ.jpg
MTROeUs.pngVxd3CCC.png
SUsYhHl.png
EVO 0.2 "Hammar Lacus"

New Features:

• Added Fog to Venus and Titan thanks to Tony48's KSRSSVE
• Added Dust to Mars thanks to Tony48's KSRSSVE
• Redid Earth's Atmosphere to be more realistic and aesthetic
• Added Auroras to Jupiter
• Added a Hexagon to Saturn using textures from AVP by themaster401
• Added New City Lights Cubemap from Space Engine HD (these are not licensed under the share-alike license! Contact the SE team like I did)
• Added New City Lights Surface Texture
• Added Geysers to Enceladus
• Added Lava (Repurposed City Lights) to IO

BUGFIXES:

• Fixed Titans Atmosphere
• Fixed Land textures not showing up in 64k
• Removed Auroras from Earth, as they were causing problems with the Land Cubemaps (plan to add back later)

I really hope you enjoy, everything is starting to get really stable... let me know if you have any questions.
Until Later o7
Z6htdd4.png

Awesome:D

I upgraded from EVO 0.1b to 0.2 but it’s causing my entire PC to crash whenever I get to the main menu screen- at the point where the scatterer atmosphere effects normally load in, instead it uses up 100% RAM and then everything grinds to a halt requiring a hard reboot with the power button. I’ve tried rolling back every other mod change I made at the same time so I’m fairly confident that EVO 0.2 is to blame but there’s nothing in the logs to indicate why that might be so I can only guess it’s a memory outage issue- which is odd as I’m running 32GB RAM; I’ll try rolling back to 0.1b tomorrow to confirm that 0.2 is causing it.

1 hour ago, jimmymcgoochie said:

I upgraded from EVO 0.1b to 0.2 but it’s causing my entire PC to crash whenever I get to the main menu screen- at the point where the scatterer atmosphere effects normally load in, instead it uses up 100% RAM and then everything grinds to a halt requiring a hard reboot with the power button. I’ve tried rolling back every other mod change I made at the same time so I’m fairly confident that EVO 0.2 is to blame but there’s nothing in the logs to indicate why that might be so I can only guess it’s a memory outage issue- which is odd as I’m running 32GB RAM; I’ll try rolling back to 0.1b tomorrow to confirm that 0.2 is causing it.

what resolution? I use 32k with 32gb of ram and it uses like 90% at peak usages so 64k(while it should still run) is not practical for long term use

7 hours ago, ItsJustLuci said:

what resolution? I use 32k with 32gb of ram and it uses like 90% at peak usages so 64k(while it should still run) is not practical for long term use

32k, with RSS 16k textures in KSP 1.11.1. I’m going to investigate this further this evening (alas, work must come first :() in case I got something wrong in the installation or just need to turn some options down a bit. 0.1b was running quite happily in the low 80s % RAM use before I did the update to 0.2 and that was with other programs running in the background.

Did some testing around the above and found something interesting:

• EVO 0.1b, no issues, started up fine and used ~87% total RAM on the main menu (PC idles at 9-12% depending on its mood);
  • EVO 0.2 only, no issues either, started up fine and used ~82% total RAM on the main menu;
  • EVO 0.2 plus Kopernicus expansion EVA footprints from the EVO download, crashed my PC at 100% RAM use as soon as the main menu tried to load in EVE/scatterer effects- Earth was there but no glowing atmosphere and then everything ground to a halt;
  • Took EVA footprints out again, crashed at main menu in the same way as before;
  • Deleted EVO and added it back in, it stuttered for a moment on the main menu but then worked fine, used 70% RAM.

I think the EVA footprints thing is at least partly to blame, but maybe the fact that I had to turn my PC off and back on meant that it didn’t boot up right and that could account for some of the odder behaviours I saw. I’ll continue with no EVA footprints as everything else seems to be working well now.

Just now, jimmymcgoochie said:

Did some testing around the above and found something interesting:

• EVO 0.1b, no issues, started up fine and used ~87% total RAM on the main menu (PC idles at 9-12% depending on its mood);
  • EVO 0.2 only, no issues either, started up fine and used ~82% total RAM on the main menu;
  • EVO 0.2 plus Kopernicus expansion EVA footprints from the EVO download, crashed my PC at 100% RAM use as soon as the main menu tried to load in EVE/scatterer effects- Earth was there but no glowing atmosphere and then everything ground to a halt;
  • Took EVA footprints out again, crashed at main menu in the same way as before;
  • Deleted EVO and added it back in, it stuttered for a moment on the main menu but then worked fine, used 70% RAM.

I think the EVA footprints thing is at least partly to blame, but maybe the fact that I had to turn my PC off and back on meant that it didn’t boot up right and that could account for some of the odder behaviours I saw. I’ll continue with no EVA footprints as everything else seems to be working well now.

hmmm odd. I use footprints and it works fine for me... I'll look into it once I get the chance

OK, now I'm really confused- after running perfectly fine for a couple of hours, I decided to reload the game to add in a minor update to a mod and it crashed my PC again. No EVA footprints installed, just EVO 0.2, nothing in the logs. I might just have to stick to 0.1b, or possibly try to cut out the most memory-intensive (and also the best looking :() parts to try and make it work.

I really thought I had it figured out earlier, but it seems I was wrong..

One day, I was talking about will Rss-texture include geysers of Enceladus with some of my friends, then they recommended this mod for me. This is the way that how I know this mod.;)

This is a good mod which makes planets more beautiful. Thank you for developing this mod.

Will you add dynamic texture and rings for gas giant such as Jupiter? I think it will make the game more realistic, but it's a tough work.

If there has any grammar error which makes you hard to understand what I am saying, I apologize for that because English is not my first language.

On 3/28/2021 at 11:41 AM, Rocketry101 said:

YES V0.2 HERE

:) glad to see y'all are excited!

13 hours ago, jesscons said:

One day, I was talking about will Rss-texture include geysers of Enceladus with some of my friends, then they recommended this mod for me. This is the way that how I know this mod.;)

This is a good mod which makes planets more beautiful. Thank you for developing this mod.

Will you add dynamic texture and rings for gas giant such as Jupiter? I think it will make the game more realistic, but it's a tough work.

If there has any grammar error which makes you hard to understand what I am saying, I apologize for that because English is not my first language.

Hey there!

glad to see you are excited for the mod, regarding the rings around gas giants I believe there already are some you may just have to apply them through the EVE menu (alt+0)

if you have any more questions I'd be glad to try and answer them!

On 3/26/2021 at 4:58 PM, jimmymcgoochie said:

OK, now I'm really confused- after running perfectly fine for a couple of hours, I decided to reload the game to add in a minor update to a mod and it crashed my PC again. No EVA footprints installed, just EVO 0.2, nothing in the logs. I might just have to stick to 0.1b, or possibly try to cut out the most memory-intensive (and also the best looking :() parts to try and make it work.

I really thought I had it figured out earlier, but it seems I was wrong..

this is quite confusing.... sadly I don't have time to look through your log (have an essay and a report to write for college, sorry) but if you drop your log file here I'm sure someone could look through it!

Hello. Im running 1.11.2 With EVO V0.2 Installed with footprints. (RSS and RSS textures of course) The mars textures that come wti this mod. I also have kopernicus bleeding edge but footprints still no show up. It says works on mars but there is no footprints on mars (nor any another plalnet/moon) Screenshot proof: V43ozex.png

3 hours ago, Rocketry101 said:

Hello. Im running 1.11.2 With EVO V0.2 Installed with footprints. (RSS and RSS textures of course) The mars textures that come with this mod. I also have kopernicus bleeding edge but footprints still no show up. It says works on mars but there is no footprints on mars (nor any another planet/moon) Screenshot proof: V43ozex.png

As you can see he is walking with no footprints behind him. Also wanna mention auroras not showing up, do they happen at certain time of day/night or is this a bug on my end? Lastly, what does TUFX do because I dont notice anything different with or without TUFX. Otherwise mod is pretty great (except for weird red hue on night side which is not EVO related)

Edited by Rocketry101
Fixed spelling for easier reading

Footprints are part of Kopernicus Extended, and require a footprints section in the planet config. TUFX adds post-processing effects and you may not have any preset active. Check in the sidebar for the TUFX icon and enable a preset from there.

Double check to make sure you don't have any conflicting EVE configs, as that can make things get weird. Auroras should always be visible, so you might have something conflicting.

First: I dont have any other EVE configs. Second, how do I enable the footprints then because I have kopernicus extended/expansion in my GameData. Third: it says EVO V0.2 is active preset so I just must not notice the post processing (because I don't know what difference is between post processing and no post processing.)

On 3/29/2021 at 12:49 PM, Rocketry101 said:

As you can see he is walking with no footprints behind him. Also wanna mention auroras not showing up, do they happen at certain time of day/night or is this a bug on my end? Lastly, what does TUFX do because I dont notice anything different with or without TUFX. Otherwise mod is pretty great (except for weird red hue on night side which is not EVO related)

see line 3 of bugfixes... as far as the bootprints idk what to tell you, provide a log and I'll look at it when it get time

@Rocketry101 You'll need to make sure that all of the planet configs have "allowFootprints = true" under the PQS section. Either that or you'll need to write yourself a little MM patch to add it to the planetary bodies. I feel your pain with getting footprints to work, it's sort of an obscure process to figure it all out.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.