EVO | Extreme Visual Overhaul for RSS | Beta 0.3 "Mostly Stable"

ItsJustLuci

On 4/4/2021 at 4:29 PM, StarExplorerNeptune said:

@ItsJustLuci I keep getting this awful flickering problem, where when I move my camera, the terrain starts flickering and there is a weird shadow around my craft. Do you know how to fix?

2021-04-03.png

This is a problem with the AmbienOcclusion in TUFX. I suggest to reduce the intensity and radius to something like 0.01 or even to completely disable it.

4 hours ago, jrodriguez said:

This is a problem with the AmbienOcclusion in TUFX. I suggest to reduce the intensity and radius to something like 0.01 or even to completely disable it.

Thank you! Thanks for helping and thanks for making some incredible mods that changed ksp!

But it started when I downloaded EVO, so why would it be TUFX?

Edited by StarExplorerNeptune

5 minutes ago, StarExplorerNeptune said:

Thank you! Thanks for helping and thanks for making some incredible mods that changed ksp!

But it started when I downloaded EVO, so why would it be TUFX?

I think EVO includes a new TUFX profile. It is very easy to test it, just open the TUFX UI and disable the AmbientOcclusion or reduce the intensity to a very low value like 0.01 

7 hours ago, jrodriguez said:

I think EVO includes a new TUFX profile. It is very easy to test it, just open the TUFX UI and disable the AmbientOcclusion or reduce the intensity to a very low value like 0.01 

But I use my own custom TUFX profile? But I will test to see if that's the problem.

Edited by StarExplorerNeptune

On 4/7/2021 at 8:54 AM, jrodriguez said:

Ambient Occlusion was never on, and the problem is still happening @jrodriguez

I just discovered this mod, and I'm absolutely mindblown, so much awesome pixel-ness! Here's a side-by-side comparison for anyone considering it:

DsKxiOo.png

I literally just sit here watching spent second stages drift over the landscape, it's just so immersive. It's amazing how far the visuals have come in KSP over the last few years.

Community tip:  For anyone with low PC gaming specs, the 32K textures are visually close enough to 64K, and a lot less PC-destroying.  RIP my GPU fans

Thanks @ItsJustLuci for working on this! I look forward to any updates you release in the future. Awesome job!!

18 minutes ago, BadRocket said:

I just discovered this mod, and I'm absolutely mindblown, so much awesome pixel-ness! Here's a side-by-side comparison for anyone considering it:

DsKxiOo.png

I literally just sit here watching spent second stages drift over the landscape, it's just so immersive. It's amazing how far the visuals have come in KSP over the last few years.

Community tip:  For anyone with low PC gaming specs, the 32K textures are visually close enough to 64K, and a lot less PC-destroying.  RIP my GPU fans

Thanks @ItsJustLuci for working on this! I look forward to any updates you release in the future. Awesome job!!

:') thanks mate... means a lot to me. I'm just the assembler though... most of the assets are not mine I've just done some fine tuning to get all of it working together. Hopefully I'll have more time to update this and CH4 after my finals in early may

Hi @ItsJustLuci, I've been doing some testing on the EVO package "Juicy.Extras.zip", and the updated colormap of Mars from Celestia Motherload looks great & juicy, but it's not correctly aligned to the Mars heightmap from the latest RSS Textures 18.3 which results in this:

D9Y4By6.png

I went ahead and fixed it and realigned the DDS, and now it works:

p4VLBv0.png

I can pass along my update for your next version (due to file size I might have to upload it to my development server, I dont have the githubs or dropboxes or anything, but I dont want my server links public).

I know it's a busy part of the semester for you, so you don't have worry about this right now. I can upload the fix whenever you want, let me know via DM or thread reply.

15 minutes ago, BadRocket said:

Hi @ItsJustLuci, I've been doing some testing on the EVO package "Juicy.Extras.zip", and the updated colormap of Mars from Celestia Motherload looks great & juicy, but it's not correctly aligned to the Mars heightmap from the latest RSS Textures 18.3 which results in this:

D9Y4By6.png

p4VLBv0.png

I can pass along my update for your next version (due to file size I might have to upload it to my development server, I dont have the githubs or dropboxes or anything, but I dont want my server links public).

I know it's a busy part of the semester for you, so you don't have worry about this right now. I can upload the fix whenever you want, let me know via DM or thread reply.

can you go ahead and drop it in a branched repo of EVO? if so that's how I'd prefer it be sent. I really appreciate it and if you need more help I can message you after my exam

I assume "go ahead and drop it in a branched repo" means over github, which I mentioned above I don't have. Okay, so I decided to finally open a github account, since I have lots of upgrades for RSS that I've made and could share with everyone. Tried to sign up, and am presented with this:

qM4ucxN.png

Okay, barely visible grainy gifs from 1993, but I'll do the ridiculous captcha. And then:

Es5cEfM.png

It made me do the same thing TEN TIMES.

Which brought me to:

ZNNG6SL.png

And finally:

IreIByh.png

And required me to do another batch of 10 captchas.

I've wasted the last hour of my life on this steaming pile that is microsoft-owned github. Never again.

I'm done.

11 hours ago, BadRocket said:

I assume "go ahead and drop it in a branched repo" means over github, which I mentioned above I don't have. Okay, so I decided to finally open a github account, since I have lots of upgrades for RSS that I've made and could share with everyone. Tried to sign up, and am presented with this:

qM4ucxN.png

Okay, barely visible grainy gifs from 1993, but I'll do the ridiculous captcha. And then:

Es5cEfM.png

It made me do the same thing TEN TIMES.

Which brought me to:

ZNNG6SL.png

And finally:

IreIByh.png

And required me to do another batch of 10 captchas.

I've wasted the last hour of my life on this steaming pile that is microsoft-owned github. Never again.

I'm done.

RIP

I installed ksp evo on 1.10.1, but there is no clouds, or city lights etc. I have already tried the alt+0 method, and have the latest scatterer and eve installed.
I have installed it on an already in progress save, I have no clue if that affects anything

Iunknown.png

55 minutes ago, akicar98 said:

I installed ksp evo on 1.10.1, but there is no clouds, or city lights etc. I have already tried the alt+0 method, and have the latest scatterer and eve installed.
I have installed it on an already in progress save, I have no clue if that affects anything

Iunknown.png

do you have rve or rssve installed?

On 4/16/2021 at 12:02 AM, BadRocket said:

D9Y4By6.png

p4VLBv0.png

Hello

i have exactly the same bug on earth but just between 120km and 140km. Below it’s fine and when reaching space it’s fine either. I can live with that.

This mod is awesome. Thank you very much @ItsJustLuci for your time and good luck for your finals !!

Edited by Marsu69

On 4/14/2021 at 2:48 PM, ItsJustLuci said:

:') thanks mate... means a lot to me. I'm just the assembler though... most of the assets are not mine I've just done some fine tuning to get all of it working together. Hopefully I'll have more time to update this and CH4 after my finals in early may

I wish you good luck on your finals!

Still studying/generally getting ready for my finals during the next two weeks... Posted a minor status update on my forum page (just click my profile pic)

ok... Long story short I'm expecting to move EVO from alpha to beta this summer, as most things seem stable enough to make that move. Still have bugs to fix but that will come in time, however 0.3 is gonna be big... mars 32k incoming. Hope to be able to share more shortly :)

E0eT956UYAI6Lq6?format=jpg&name=4096x409

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.