EVO | Extreme Visual Overhaul for RSS | Beta 0.3 "Mostly Stable"

ItsJustLuci

Still studying/generally getting ready for my finals during the next two weeks... Posted a minor status update on my forum page (just click my profile pic)

ok... Long story short I'm expecting to move EVO from alpha to beta this summer, as most things seem stable enough to make that move. Still have bugs to fix but that will come in time, however 0.3 is gonna be big... mars 32k incoming. Hope to be able to share more shortly :)

E0eT956UYAI6Lq6?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Update: fixed the majority of the bugs (possibly all) click Here for a video example

qCQMViJ.jpg

Edited by ItsJustLuci

Is it supposed to look like this? the ground is a deep blue color, almost neon when i get above 140 km (where scatterer, eve, etc) does its thing, bellow that altitude and around 110 - 139km there is no land texture, only water texture)

1 hour ago, Rexxidy said:

Is it supposed to look like this? the ground is a deep blue color, almost neon when i get above 140 km (where scatterer, eve, etc) does its thing, bellow that altitude and around 110 - 139km there is no land texture, only water texture)

that sounds like you have RSS installed wrong

On 5/4/2021 at 10:57 AM, filipWithTelescope said:

Hey, thanks for this amazing mod. I was wondering that whats the reccomended eve and scatterer version? I had issue when ground was all white, and was wondering what have I done wrong. I was just seeking what the issue could be. Thanks

I use the latest of both... I've seen others having the same white terrain issue but I have yet to find a source... I start finals next week, and I'm pretty busy right now, but if you drop your log someone can look at it now, or I can look at it when I have a bit more time :)

3 hours ago, fiderwolf said:

so... you have missing files. make sure you installed it properly, and put the EVO folder into gamedata. Anywhere else and EVE get's confused and starts screaming, typically leading to this.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello lads!

I absolutely love this mod, for me its all I wanted, but I have one problem with it, or more like a bug.

Saturn's rings don't get shadows on them, and that is kinda frustrating.

Does anybody know how to fix this? Any help will be aprieceated. Sending screenshot of GameData Folder and In-Game Saturn.

Cheers!

Spoiler

GISK2Zn.png

Spoiler

lAT4Qae.png

3 hours ago, Jane Monroue said:

Hello lads!

I absolutely love this mod, for me its all I wanted, but I have one problem with it, or more like a bug.

Saturn's rings don't get shadows on them, and that is kinda frustrating.

Does anybody know how to fix this? Any help will be aprieceated. Sending screenshot of GameData Folder and In-Game Saturn.

Cheers!

Hide contents

GISK2Zn.png

Hide contents

lAT4Qae.png

going into the ksc screen and clicking on the scatterer icon and enabling kopernicus ring shadows should fix it , if it does or doesnt let me know 

7 hours ago, Musker Busker said:

going into the ksc screen and clicking on the scatterer icon and enabling kopernicus ring shadows should fix it , if it does or doesnt let me know 

Aaaand it didn't work. The shadow of the ring is visible, but the ring itself doesn't have shadows.

I also saw that every moon behind saturn doesn't seem to be affected by the lack of sunlight and one side of their surface is still bright, like Saturn didn't block any light and it passed right through him.

The moon on the picture is Enceladus

m7xEIVi.pngMxtrqEn.png

Hey, loving EVO after crossing from RSSVE. One slight bug that seems to be occurring, which only started after installing EVO, are highlighted areas in KSC view. Also get them around launch sites when i have a ship on the pad or runway. Is this anything to do with different PQS configs? Thanks

0Sy80MY.jpg

5 hours ago, si2504 said:

Hey, loving EVO after crossing from RSSVE. One slight bug that seems to be occurring, which only started after installing EVO, are highlighted areas in KSC view. Also get them around launch sites when i have a ship on the pad or runway. Is this anything to do with different PQS configs? Thanks

0Sy80MY.jpg

this is an old bug and should be solved in the latest versions... try setting the scaled space altitude to -1? I forget if that was the fix or not

15 minutes ago, ItsJustLuci said:

this is an old bug and should be solved in the latest versions... try setting the scaled space altitude to -1? I forget if that was the fix or not

I cannot even see a Scaled Space config line in any of the config files. Where should it be?

First off I really like this mod, and It looks much better than anything I have ever seen, however I cannot seem to get city lights to work, I have tried mapping eve clouds, Alt + 0,  i read through every post here and I cant find a solution, Im running 1.10.1  right now but it does not work on 1.11.2 or 1.8.1, I dont know what i did wrong or if theres something im not doing right.

I have all dependencies but i don't have clouds , even following your indications, i can't see cities and clouds,

With RSVE i don't have those problems but i really wants to play this mod

I reinstalled the game since 0 and installed the dependencies but clouds and cities doesn't work , 

can you help me?

On 5/18/2021 at 7:05 PM, alankfsn said:

I have all dependencies but i don't have clouds , even following your indications, i can't see cities and clouds,

With RSVE i don't have those problems but i really wants to play this mod

I reinstalled the game since 0 and installed the dependencies but clouds and cities doesn't work , 

can you help me?

have you followed the troubleshooting steps? sounds like a solvable issue if u start there

On 5/16/2021 at 7:34 PM, Adiri said:

In addtion I also cannot find the TUFX config file anywhere in the github or files, can you please tell me where it is?

Juicy Extras

On 5/16/2021 at 4:31 PM, Adiri said:

First off I really like this mod, and It looks much better than anything I have ever seen, however I cannot seem to get city lights to work, I have tried mapping eve clouds, Alt + 0,  i read through every post here and I cant find a solution, Im running 1.10.1  right now but it does not work on 1.11.2 or 1.8.1, I dont know what i did wrong or if theres something im not doing right.

I've been having this issue too, go ahead and try what I've been doing: alt+0, go over to textures and hit apply (if this messes up land for some reason, rebuild clouds)

STATUS  UPDATE

ok, I was going to post this on my page, but I thought I'd post this here instead as far more people are likely to see it here. Ok y'all, after 3 weeks of really rough finals and studying, I am back. I'm chipping away at the 64k earth clouds as we speak, and I am beginning to look into a couple other new features. I have summer classes, and plan to get a job, but I will be in much greater control of my time than I was these last 2 semesters (my first two of college).

TLDR; I am back, CH-4 and EVO are back, expect more from me  and (in the case of CH4) our team soon, this summer is gonna be awesome, thank you all so much for your patience. <3 

Edited by ItsJustLuci

I come across the same problem like Jane Monroue

Saturn's ring don't get the right shadow,but I do some modifiy on  Theysen's RSSVE and let it work with EVO. 

It's clear that this action violate  CC-BY-NC-SA 4.0 ,so I can't release it gLBSLF.png

Edited by xian1

46 minutes ago, xian1 said:

It's clear that this action violate  CC-BY-NC-SA 4.0 ,so I can't release it

How so?  CC-BY-NC-SA is reasonably permissive, and does allow derived works.  (If it had been ND instead of NC, then you would have been out of luck, yes.  But NC allows distributing derived works, as long as it's not for commercial purpose.)

From the OP:

On 2/14/2021 at 10:48 PM, ItsJustLuci said:

Licensing: EVO is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International (CC BY-NC-SA 4.0), so you are free to redistribute, modify and copy the contents of the mod so long as you attribute and credit the appropriate author(s),
remain non-commercial and distribute it under the same license (CC BY-NC-SA 4.0)

So if you've made modifications or extensions to something that's licensed CC-BY-NC-SA, then AFAICT it ought to be OK for you to share your work, as long as you follow the terms of the license by properly crediting the original author, and also by making your own derived work's license also be CC-BY-NC-SA (or something compatible therewith).

9 minutes ago, Snark said:

How so?  CC-BY-NC-SA is reasonably permissive, and does allow derived works.  (If it had been ND instead of NC, then you would have been out of luck, yes.  But NC allows distributing derived works, as long as it's not for commercial purpose.)

From the OP:

So if you've made modifications or extensions to something that's licensed CC-BY-NC-SA, then AFAICT it ought to be OK for you to share your work, as long as you follow the terms of the license by properly crediting the original author, and also by making your own derived work's license also be CC-BY-NC-SA (or something compatible therewith).

OK, I will check RSSVE's  license.....

16 minutes ago, Snark said:

From the OP:

It seems good

Spoiler

RSSVE is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 (CC-BY-NC-SA 4.0) license.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.