EVO | Extreme Visual Overhaul for RSS | Beta 0.3 "Mostly Stable"

ItsJustLuci

1 hour ago, Kinniken said:

RSS does not officially support 1.11, but from what I've read on the topic it's supposed to work fine with the latest Kopernicus build. In my quick testing it did, I sent a rocket around Earth without any issues.

For EVO, if I click on one of the layer it does have a name but the issue remains the same:

Capture-d-cran-2021-05-26-195200.png

again... the invalid name has zero to do with anything. It's simply telling you that you cannot make another layer with that name. Feel free to ignore that as it is intended behavior. You do have scatterer installed right? I assume you do, but you failed to mention it when listing mods so just wanna double check... EVO will not work without it at all.

On 31/5/2021 at 00:32, Rocketry101 said:

Probabilmente non hai rimosso RSSVe. Potresti anche provare a reinstallare Eve o scatterer. L'ultimo problema possibile è che potresti aver sbagliato l'installazione.

i was using alpha version, using stable version works, thanks anyway

On 5/26/2021 at 9:39 PM, ItsJustLuci said:

again... the invalid name has zero to do with anything. It's simply telling you that you cannot make another layer with that name. Feel free to ignore that as it is intended behavior. You do have scatterer installed right? I assume you do, but you failed to mention it when listing mods so just wanna double check... EVO will not work without it at all.

Thanks for the explanations. In fact it turned out that the missing clouds happen only on the menu screen, I've found references to that bug elsewhere, it's not a big deal.

I am getting a strange issue where when I  put EVO 0.3 on a test RSS/RP-1 Install I get a Kopernicus Error and the RSS fails to load.  I get Kerbin in the background instead of Earth on the load screen.  I tried swapping between KoperincusBE and normal Kopernicus.  I get the error message on both.  I am running a KSP 1.10 and your 0.3  64k release package.  

As a side not.  On my  main RP-1 KSP 1.10 install I a am running EVO 0.2 with out any problems.  That install is on KopernicusBE.

Here is my Log

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1MHw3I5yB_UEfQLcm-EcfIgd5XtliHYan/view?usp=sharing

UPDATE:

Looks like I  found the problem.  I normally delete any folder prior to moving the new folder from my downloaded mod.  I especially do this when updating a mod that I  had on my install.  it looks like the EVO RSS-Textures folder only has a Mars texture and if the normal RSS-Textures from the normal RSS install is not there than you will get the Kopernicus errors that I was getting.

Edited by Galland1998

Out of curiosity, when are the city lights supposed to be seen?  Mine will show up bit  you don't see them until you hit a little over 100,000 m in altitude.  Is that intentional or do I have a "bug" slash operator error.

As a side question: you included scatterer as part of the 0.3 RC1 package.  What version of scatterer is that?  EVE Redux just dropped a new update today to address some of the city light issues in the 0.0770+ versions of scatterer.

Edited by Galland1998
more information.

17 hours ago, Galland1998 said:

Out of curiosity, when are the city lights supposed to be seen?  Mine will show up bit  you don't see them until you hit a little over 100,000 m in altitude.  Is that intentional or do I have a "bug" slash operator error.

As a side question: you included scatterer as part of the 0.3 RC1 package.  What version of scatterer is that?  EVE Redux just dropped a new update today to address some of the city light issues in the 0.0770+ versions of scatterer.

didn't see that, scatterer version info should be in scatterer... I'll test and see if the latest EVE redux works and include it if so in 0.3 proper when the time comes

I just pushed EVO 0.3 Release Candidate 2, here is the major change: the clouds.

ySZghuS.pngPbCcaTF.jpg4a3psZ1.pngFfAhZf9.jpg
I've added 2 more cloud layers, superimposed on top of the original, allowing for the clouds to pop out a bit more in orbit, and look a bit more realistic from the ground :) 

3 hours ago, ItsJustLuci said:

didn't see that, scatterer version info should be in scatterer... I'll test and see if the latest EVE redux works and include it if so in 0.3 proper when the time comes

I just pushed EVO 0.3 Release Candidate 2, here is the major change: the clouds.

ySZghuS.pngPbCcaTF.jpg4a3psZ1.pngFfAhZf9.jpg
I've added 2 more cloud layers, superimposed on top of the original, allowing for the clouds to pop out a bit more in orbit, and look a bit more realistic from the ground :) 

sweet can i have craft files and mods for the dragon and manned atlas V!? (the dragon looks different from tundra)

Just now, Rocketry101 said:

sweet can i have craft files and mods for the dragon and manned atlas V!? (the dragon looks different from tundra)

idk what you mean by atlas V, dragon is from the PR of ROCapsules, and it is the same as tundra

4 hours ago, ItsJustLuci said:

I installed the new version EVE and it seems to work fine with 0.3 RC1.  The CityLights are seen at the surface.  The only thing that seemed a bit off was the city lights seemed to "bloom" more than I remember but I am not 100% sure about that.

6 minutes ago, FrostiAusti said:

Hey i was wondering if you removed the Spectra Sunflare from this mod as when i downloaded it the first time it had it but when i updated it didn't seem to include the sunflare do you mind helping me on this?

because scatterer had a update that requires you to do a complex set of steps to install  sunflares now.

Edited by Rocketry101

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.