EVO | Extreme Visual Overhaul for RSS | Beta 0.3 "Mostly Stable"

ItsJustLuci

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, I just wanted to say thank you for making this mod and enabling me to finally update from 1.2.2 where I have been playing for the last few years, I just have a question. 

Have the city textures been removed ? I can't get them to show up in any version of the mod and then I check them out in the EVE menu "EarthCities" have "-invalid name" next to them. I'm I doing something wrong maybe ?

Make sure that you are using the "release version of the mod and not the master file.  Also you you need to make sure that you have all the RSS Textures in the folder.  The EVO RSS Textures folder only adds a couple of files and not the entire texture pack for RSS.  That tends to fix most of the problems that I ran into with my installs of EVO 0.3.

On 5/3/2021 at 1:19 PM, ItsJustLuci said:

Still studying/generally getting ready for my finals during the next two weeks... Posted a minor status update on my forum page (just click my profile pic)

ok... Long story short I'm expecting to move EVO from alpha to beta this summer, as most things seem stable enough to make that move. Still have bugs to fix but that will come in time, however 0.3 is gonna be big... mars 32k incoming. Hope to be able to share more shortly :)

E0eT956UYAI6Lq6?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Update: fixed the majority of the bugs (possibly all) click Here for a video example

qCQMViJ.jpg

How did you get that 32k texture?

5 hours ago, ItsJustLuci said:

it's from space engine, I've gotten their permission to use it as it's not available without their permission

ah alright, it looks very nice

• 4 weeks later...

So I find that clouds are clearly lacking above the CapeCanaveral area, is there a way to improve that ? To get more clouds, lower, denser ? Like maybe even volumetric from 4km ?

I'm trying to get the very best CapeCanaveral visual area for some BDA Tournament that will just take place there.

I'm using Katniss, maybe it did something ? Clouds looks great from orbit though, maybe a bit blurry but that looks fine. But from the ground or in the air at about 2-4km, I do not find them to be present enough.

• 4 weeks later...

Does the resolution of thee RSS-Texture matter if EVO is used for Earth? It does look EVO is only putting its texture on top of the RSS-Texture one, is this a little wasteful in RAM (It is using about 30GB of ram with 16K RSS-Texture and 32K EVO both in).

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.