Orbital Production

With the new 1.11 update adding orbital construction, I think the next logical step should be orbital production such that  ship-building becomes possible in-situ instead of needing to import parts/launch assembled ships from Kerbin.

The new 'part fabricator/ship assembler' could use ore or other raw resources inspired by the community resource pack mod.

It is a good idea to be able to smoothly transfer players to KSP2, it would also be beneficial to the players who like to build big creations if they don't have the DLC that adds the Mun launch pad, they would be able to set up a base on a comet to have the lowest gravity constraints possible, then they could build say, a space Titanic:
Image result for futurama space titanic

But simply put, it would be awesome and I would be able to run reverse Acapello missions from Laythe to Tylo.

3 hours ago, BigStar Aerospace said:

DLC that adds the Mun launch pad,

That is for consoles only.   It was a “gift” given to consoles, as their updates are far behind the Pc versions, and we have mods that already do what you are suggesting. 

Which isn’t to say it shouldn’t be in stock.   It’s a fine idea, and because we can’t be sure when KSP2 will come out, I’d be happy to see it in 1. 

11 hours ago, BigStar Aerospace said:

But simply put, it would be awesome and I would be able to run reverse Acapello missions from Laythe to Tylo.

lol that sounds like a matt lowne mission: bring a katurn V with 9 katurn V boosters to Laythe and then launch the Katurn V from there

8 hours ago, Gargamel said:
11 hours ago, BigStar Aerospace said:

DLC that adds the Mun launch pad,

That is for consoles only.   It was a “gift” given to consoles, as their updates are far behind the Pc versions, and we have mods that already do what you are suggesting. 

Which isn’t to say it shouldn’t be in stock.   It’s a fine idea, and because we can’t be sure when KSP2 will come out, I’d be happy to see it in 1. 

Bring the console version inline with the PC version? Nah, strap on a feature every PC player has probably wanted at some point. Why should we need to download mods onto a game which reacts badly with mods past a couple of updates to test rovers beyond Kerbin? Just asinine.

1 hour ago, Bej Kerman said:

Bring the console version inline with the PC version? Nah, strap on a feature every PC player has probably wanted at some point. Why should we need to download mods onto a game which reacts badly with mods past a couple of updates to test rovers beyond Kerbin? Just asinine.

As has been mentioned in every thread regarding console vs PC; SQUAD DOES NOT MAKE THE CONSOLE PORT. I want to emphasize that because many have made the same argument as yourself, and I absolutely agree. Console players deserve better. However, it's out of the control of the developers at SQUAD, because they aren't producing the console updates. Effectively, the PC and console development is in parallel. I am not debating the merits of C/PC, but remember that console ports from PC also take a lot of time, and SQUAD's focus is developing the "main" version of KSP.

Il y a 1 heure, Ksp Slingshooter a déclaré:

Sérieusement? Ce message n'est pas une idée originale? 

Pouvez-vous lier l'article original? 

Je ne me souviens pas, mais après la 1.11, beaucoup de gens disent cela,  pas nécessairement dans un fil séparé. Dans the discussion post of "Some reassembly required" for exemple.

1 hour ago, Ksp Slingshooter said:

Seriously? This post isn't an original idea? 

Can you link the original post? 

After 1.11 release, lot of people are say that not necessarily in a separate thread. In the chat thread, for exemple. 

oh, I'm sorry, I have do a little error....

Why I can't edit?

I do see that this is all a big mess, but now that I think of it, KSP1 is for the current technology, KSP2 is for the future technology, 1.11.1 already went over the border and is transferring into future technology and so orbital construction wouldn't be too hard to add, this feature has been asked for since the beginning of KSP, why do you think there are so many mods? If they want to please the community and keep people hyped about KSP2 they need to give us a smooth transition, they also need to be more applicable with console so the console players don't have to buy a fancy PC just to play a game that's only good on PC.

D'après ce que j'ai vu dans vos vidéos @Le Lynx , votre PC est assez lent, pas aussi lent que le mien mais toujours lent néanmoins, ils ont vraiment besoin de l'optimiser et de rendre le calcul plus facile pour l'ordinateur car nous n'avons pas tous l'argent pour mais un bon ordinateur.

20 minutes ago, BigStar Aerospace said:

1.11.1 already went over the border and is transferring into future technology

Idk. Hubble repair mission? ISS maintenance (there was something about manually fixing solar panels I think). 

1.11 did the right thing and more purpose for going EVA like real astronauts, but since the rockets are made of Lego parts, we have a bit more possibilities, which is fine because it adds to gameplay.

Now, orbital construction required much more thought, it has to be balanced and not too hard or players just won't bother. Look at mods like extraplanetary launchpads. It's super complex, and so I used it maybe twice, around KSP 1.2. 

On 2/16/2021 at 2:17 PM, The Aziz said:

Now, orbital construction required much more thought, it has to be balanced and not too hard or players just won't bother. Look at mods like extraplanetary launchpads. It's super complex, and so I used it maybe twice, around KSP 1.2. 

I agree. The feature would have to be easy to master and stock-alike to please the majority of us

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.