Crypto Currency for KSP modders?

harrisjosh2711

44 minutes ago, kerbiloid said:

I just googled for "KRB"

I'm atleast glad you let me know.  I doubt kerbcoin will be the release name. Changing the name is two commands. The ticker is two lines of code.  (One for the test space and one for the real). Its only used for an identifier on the exchange. In any case, if this some sort of accusation that my coin is karbocoin. I will hunt you down for an apology when I release the source files :), as soon as tommorrow.  (Maybe, I worked around 18 hours on this yesterday. Only slept 4. Little tired and physically hurting from sitting awkward.)

You aren't going to find my coin online atm. Its still in alpha and I do not want anyone getting  my executable, mining unreleased coins, and  obtaining a majority share. Ideally,  I wouldn't allow mining until after the beta. It is very important to me that the coins are distributed in a highly decentralized manner. I will destroy the  blockchain before I allow any whales to develop. That goes against everything im working for. 

I'd love some input on the math end from any of you guys that love numbers. A good ole debate about inflation and deflation is high on the list of priorities. If anyone is interested in inflation, etc.

Edited by harrisjosh2711

Waiting on the parts to get my server node up and running. Luckily I have a 1tb hardrive lying around. Really should be an ssd but it should work. I have 4 pc's im going to try and keep 3 of them on the network, plus the dedicated server. I really need some security advice, please. Im rather 'ignorant' in that area. Even some advice on what I should search for would be helpful. 

Interest in my kerbcoin is exponentially higher on Twitter than in the ksp community. These people are driven by greed. This scenario is exactly what I want to avoid. Everyone who contacted me had their own idea (that was usually illegal) or wanted to become and early investor. Please watch this 13 min TEDx speech to understand that crypto is about bringing financial services to the masses. Its so much more than a currency. The moment I start doing this for greed will be my downfall. You have to believe, to accomplish. 

This project specifically, is a great way for young people to learn about investing, financial assets, compound interest, etc. They will no doubt need these skills more than rocket science even if their chosen profession is rocket scientist. You cannot buy anything without knowledge of the financial system. And they need to learn this quick. Universities now prey on the fact that students have easy access to loans.

here is some excellent advice I'd share with every young person. Put $5,000 a year, starting at age 20, into an ira for 10 years, until reaching  age 30.  In total you invest 50k over 10 years. Let that money sit until retirement. You will be a millionaire. Finance is the bedrock of society. Learn it and you win. Ignore it you lose.

Edited by harrisjosh2711

What's the point of this? Mod creators give their stuff away for free, and if you want to support them, the ones who accept donations usually have links to their Cashapp or Patreon. You're creating a solution without a problem that 100% won't be endorsed by Squad and the mod team. Financial education? Young people can go to Khan Academy for that or just, you know, take a class at school. No one's coming here to learn how to manage investments and file taxes, were coming here to talk about KSP.

Edited by Kernel Kraken

• 3 weeks later...

i kinda got bit by the crypto bug. i set up a nicehash account a few days ago ive made about $10 already.  think i might just run it to pay for hardware upgrades. got 2 machines, one has a 1060 and then i got my 2070 super in my main rig, they are doing 19 and 36 mh/s respectively and i think it costs about 15 cents an hour to keep it running., if my math was right. i have some older video cards but they are power hogs and probably don't hash too well. my rigs also got 4ghz cpus (4790k and 8086k), but they are way down in the kilohash range, probably not worth the power and it makes the computer practically unusable. its fine on my old rig, but this one i leave it off. the 2070 does the lions share of the work. i figure i can make the video card pay for itself in 3 months. looks like its mining ethereum and monero, but it seems to pay out in bitcoin. nicehash is easy to use though and you can watch money trickling in at a slow but steady rate (its more of a rent your hardware arrangement), but if i ever end up with a ton of hardware i might ditch the middleman. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.