SRB mission to Eeloo and back

xendelaar

I made a return trip to Eeloo using only Solid Fuel boosters.

For me, it was a very challenging mission!

In order to get my 0.55t payload to its destination and back..I needed a 4,300t ship. It took me many iterations and rage quits before I came up with a working vessel.

Completing the mission was very rewarding though! :)

I used Windows Transfer planner to set up the departure date and used a simple custom kOS script to calculate the delta v budget per stage with 10 decimals to get more accuracy.

If anybody's interested here's a 4 minute clip of my mission. :)

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/25/2021 at 12:13 AM, Vanamonde said:

That was a silly thing to do. :) Congratulations on making it work. 

haha I guess it was a silly thing to do. thanks for watching.

5 hours ago, king of nowhere said:

i've seen someone on youtube already did the same thing. not that it detracts anything from your achievement

I bet.. :)after more than 9 years, most of the stuff has already been done by somebody else (and most probably better as well). I hope I didn't give you the feeling I was claiming to be the only one who has done an SRB challenge? For me, this was a ksp bucket list thing and I'm glad I succeeded.

1 hour ago, xendelaar said:

I bet.. :)after more than 9 years, most of the stuff has already been done by somebody else (and most probably better as well). I hope I didn't give you the feeling I was claiming to be the only one who has done an SRB challenge? For me, this was a ksp bucket list thing and I'm glad I succeeded.

nono, don't get me wrong. it was just for information

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.