[0.17+] Shedao Spaceflights, new: Duna One

Shedao

Shedao Spaceflights

Debris is our business.

With the sudden appearance of new planets all around the Kerbol system it is time to get back at the drawing table. Some of the results will be shown here :D

Useful data for interplanetary travel: When you want to reach a specific ejection angle like described on Olex site you probably know that low thrust engines like the NERVA tend to shift your apoapsis during the burn. What you need to do is start the burn before you reach the ejection angle or in other words you need to add a craft specific value on the ejection angle.

Rockets:

Duna One - Interplanetary craft with extra Mapsat satellite and rover.

The Duna One is our first ready-to-use interplanetary rocket capable of sending you on a one way trip to Duna, Ike and several other planets (not confirmed). Once in a Dunian orbit you can adjust your inclination and release a micro-Mapsat-satellite that will show you the nicest spot to land. But that was not all the Duna One can do for you! If you can manage to land softly a little rover stands ready for a little drive around :)

Burn before ejection angle:

Duna, Eve: 30°

Jool: 50°

Duna1.jpg

Duna2.jpg

Duna3.jpg

gui_Duna_ISA_Topo.png

Mods: Novapunch 1.3b, Cart 1.3.4, Damned Robotics 1.2.1, ISA Mapsat 3.3.0, Zools Escape Pod 1.2, Mechjeb 1.9.2, OA Floodlights

Edited by Shedao

where I can get these mods? :)

The modlist will now link you to the specific threads.

You could probably fit another t-400 fuel tank to your last stage.

Hmm, with another tank the last stage (designed for the descent) could also do the reentry burn. I have to check this but where exactly would you add it?

I've tried to get a mun rover (same as yours) to duna (or any other planet) but when I've got the rover on board I can't warp faster than 1x O.O

When I fly the exact same rocket without the rover attached I can warp.

I assume you didn't fly to duna without warp xD

I've tried to get a mun rover (same as yours) to duna (or any other planet) but when I've got the rover on board I can't warp faster than 1x O.O

When I fly the exact same rocket without the rover attached I can warp.

I assume you didn't fly to duna without warp xD

Warp is a nice feature, yes :D

When you want to turn warp on try to set everything off that can steer your craft. Thrust, RCS, Mechjeb etc. If it just won't work, try to attach the rover in a different way.

Warp is a nice feature, yes :D

When you want to turn warp on try to set everything off that can steer your craft. Thrust, RCS, Mechjeb etc. If it just won't work, try to attach the rover in a different way.

Thanks for helping :) I made sure RCS and SAS where off (and main engine ofc), I don't have mechjeb on the rocket so I'll try re-locate the rover. I've landed on Duna, Ike and Eve so far but without the rover.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.